Need Help in the fake purse i bought in EBay

ayd29

Mar 28, 2009
I am new in this website, a member in Ebay was kind enough to give me information in this purse forum website.

WHAT HAPPEND:

On March 3, I made an offer on a LV purse in Ebay. Seller accepted my offer of $600 and I paid the shipping of $20. I was very happy when I received the purse thinking that it was a real LV. And I also left a positive feedback to the seller before my LV purse got authenticated at a LV boutique. Since I live about a 1hour and half from Chicago where a LV store located, I could not authenticate my purse right away. Finally, I got a chance to visit the LV store with my big smile showing my LV purse and asking them for authenticity. The conclusion was a big FAKE; my Louis Vuitton Damier Ribera bag was FAKE.

MY SIDE:

I contacted the seller and told her that the bag was FAKE. I told her that I want my money back. I read the description on the LV purse and no where I found that she said that the LV purse was fake. Since seller has 300 or more feedback, I completely trusted the sealer. My husband and I have bought few things in Ebay, never have we complained. My husband has about almost 400 feedbacks and I got about 43 feedbacks and all positives. Paid for the bag on March 3 and file a dispute on the 22, I don’t think this is all in three weeks.

THE SELLER SIDE:

I describe the item exactly as stated in auction as a final sale so to please ask all questions prior to bidding. Seller remorse is not means for a refund. she received and three weeks later filed a dispute. I WILL NOT REFUND, she left positive feedback and now wants refunded. I definitely want to resolve this but I feel I didn’t do anything wrong.

I know this is a very long explanation, but I just need advice on how to get my money back. I love branded items and I have few of Gucci, Prada, LV, Dior and D & G, I love to collect these pieces. But now that I have been scammed, I felt afraid to bid anymore. I need your advice? Thanks for reading and God Bless!

If you paid with PayPal, you can open a SNAD (sold not as described) dispute by going to the PP Resolution Center. Since this is all new to you, I strongly recommend you read about SNAD claims on the fBay Help pages and read the instructions on how to open a SNAD dispute on the PP website. Then you can also follow the advice others will post here, but you really should familiarize yourself with the basics of this process before you do anything.

One challenge you might encounter is that PP could require you to prove the bag is fake, and someone at the LV store telling you so will not be enough. You might have to pay to have it authenticated by someone like caroldiva (www.caroldiva.com). In seems sometimes PP requires this, and sometimes it doesn't.

Print the page from your auction and save it as a file if you can.

I would also recommend posting the auction in the Authenticate this Louis Vuitton section just to be sure.

Once you have saved the original auction then you can post it for a second opinion because if it is reported as fake the auction will be removed and you will be working with Paypal to resolve it.

A seller would never say a bag is fake - it is illegal to sell a counterfeit item. You do have 45 days from the date of purchase to file a dispute even if you have left positive FB. So you have a bit of time to do the things that have been suggested. If indeed the bag is fake and you can get the required proof, you should have no difficulty winning the claim.

ITA w/ above...and....
Since you have the bag in hand, take photos of the bag and POST in the LV section for authentication of the actual bag received.... just to make sure the LV boutique was correct in their determination.
If fake, file a PP dispute for SNAD. State that the LV boutique has stated that the bag is NON-AUTH. PP will notify the seller of your dispute and give them 10 days to respond. If the seller responds to you via email or ebay messaging, inform them that you can only correspond thru the PP dispute console. If the seller offers you a refund, you can agree, but DO NOT close your dispute until you have received the refund via PP.
If the seller does NOT respond or agree to a refund b4 10 days, the escalate your dispute to a claim. PP will often reqiure a letter of NON-AUTH and will tell you how many days to have to get same.

Let us know what you decide to do, and we will try to help. You can also CALL PP and they will assist you.

Thanks for the information. I did file a claim and called-up Ebay. Ebay said I have to wait a few days and then I will know what to do next. I hate losing $600 for a FAKE purse and if only I knew that this website can help me, but too late, I just hope to get my money back. But thanks for your suggestions. Ana

It's a FAKE. You don't even need to post it in the "Authentic This" thread.

The Date Code is CA which is for a bag Made in Spain - but the Made In stamp is for a bag Made in France? It can't possibly be authentic.

Just spend the $5 to have CarolDiva write you an email. She can probably tell for sure just by looking at the auction photos. Surely that would be enough proof.

:smile:

Last edited:
NO.. it's not too late for you. If you need a letter on NON-AUTH, you can hire caroldiva.com. PP does accept her letters of non-auth. Just wait for PP to advise. Carol specializes in LV.