Comments from Alma GM Vernis Owners?

lovesitLV

Aug 29, 2008
I'm considering purchasing an Alma GM Vernis (Amarante). I was wondering if anyone has purchased this bag? If so how is it holding up, and is it a stiff material as it appears to be? Also does it scratch easily? Thanks!

I'm considering purchasing an Alma GM Vernis (Amarante). I was wondering if anyone has purchased this bag? If so how is it holding up, and is it a stiff material as it appears to be? Also does it scratch easily? Thanks!

-I'd like to hear too; I am also thinking of it. I love big bags.

As to durability, is it perhaps more so than we think - since they make a Pegase ij it?

Experiences, Ladies

Thanks from me and lovesitlv (I found your post searching for just this info, thanks!)

I would love to know as well. I want an alma but the mono/mc/damier alma are all to small. I would love a vernis alma MM. But I do worry about it holding up.

The vernis is a much durable material than we give it credit for. I have a keyholder in violette which I use everyday. I've dropped it accidentally numerous times already in a rough concrete surface and yet, it remains unscratched. It still looks the same as the day I bought it from the boutique.

The vernis is a much durable material than we give it credit for. I have a keyholder in violette which I use everyday. I've dropped it accidentally numerous times already in a rough concrete surface and yet, it remains unscratched. It still looks the same as the day I bought it from the boutique.

-Cool! Thanks for your experience, and I'm so happy it didn't scratch on you!

I have a vernis cles and mine still looks brand new, I have also dropped it and I use it on my keys, it is over a year old and is beautiful! If you love the Alma I say go for it!

I have the MM and I LOVE it. I have had it for just about a year and it still looks PERFECT.

100_1727.jpg

mine fine much more durable than they look.....GM size is huge are you sure you want it i'd say its more for travel, but I wouldn't want to travel with it jmho

mine fine much more durable than they look.....GM size is huge are you sure you want it i'd say its more for travel, but I wouldn't want to travel with it jmho

_ I am torn about the size -- I love BIG; I just bought the mono Boetie GM (correct name? It is huge in width - around 20" and I love it) I see the Alma MM on models and it looks good-sized on them, but they are so tiny that if I go by what a bag looks like on them, I am always sorry. Have re-sold a few great bags because of that size discrepancy,

am (embarrassingly) 5' 6" 165 lbs big boned, I hate small bags on me except for evening.

For my taste:

Speedy 30 -too small
Hermes Birkin 30 - too small
Balenciaga City - too small
Gerard Darel 24 Heures - too small

Just for examples.

I ordered the GM today - we'll see. It's the GM or nothing for me, because the MM is no different in size than many of my other bags, and smaller than some.

I may be eating my words on the GM soon, LOL, I'll let you know - I promise. I'm not too proud to do it, LOL.

There was a violet Alma GM that I was playing around with at the boutique. I actually really want one, but I didn't think I could pull off that colour. If it were a darker colour (perhaps amarante) I might be able to pull of it...but they didn't have any in the store for me to try.

I'm 5'5", a guy, and approx 140lbs. And I thought the bag was pretty nice for me...

There was a violet Alma GM that I was playing around with at the boutique. I actually really want one, but I didn't think I could pull off that colour. If it were a darker colour (perhaps amarante) I might be able to pull of it...but they didn't have any in the store for me to try.

I'm 5'5", a guy, and approx 140lbs. And I thought the bag was pretty nice for me...

-Thanks, stylefiend, it gives me some size perspective; but hmm, on the LV dot come site, the only 2 colors listed are amarante and oh can't remember the name, bright raspberry-type color (pomme something, perhaps?). So there are other colors in the boutiques? I see a bunch of colors for the MM, some really lovely! But I agree with you, I think a GM would work better in a darker color.

^^yep pomme and amarante i think elux has a few of the new colors in the alma like an orange and green i think. they stopped making violet but if you like it and one is available you can order it. i have a bag in vernis amarante not the alma its the bellevue pm and i love it, its about one month old i have used it a bit and the vernis looks brand new the only diff is that its starting to patina which i love but the alma doesnt get patina:yes:

GM is luggage size? MM is still a large bag for everyday use, regardless of persons size.
My Vernis cles and zippy wallet are holding up really well, it was an initial concern for me too, but no probs, still like new and Ive had them for at least 7 months. I think it is more durable than most people imagine. The darker one's seem to be prone to fingerprints, thats probably the only real issue. Someone else mentioned their Alma MM had a chip a while back? Haven't heard of any other probs at all.