What's your dream house?

caitlin1214

tPF Bish
O.G.
Jul 7, 2006
If I could live in any house in the world, I'd love to live in an English manor. I love the idea of living in the countryside, and yet it's close to downtown London so I could go there any time I wanted.

I LOVE these two:

img_1B90KVF270.jpg

I love the shape of this one: like a big E. (Where I went to school, one of the buildings was an exact copy of a mansion in Surrey.)

lre_big_640208_1.jpg

I love the shape, I love the fact that it's big but it's not opulent.

I went to Salve Regina University in Newport, Rhode Island, and my first house looked really similar to Wakehurst. (Ideally, I want Wakehurst, but it's a school building.)

You ever been to any of the mansions? My favorites were Belcourt Castle and The Breakers!

And going through any of those mansions, I couldn't help but be amazed at the fact that before lightbulbs, servants had to go through all those rooms and light all those candles! And then they had to make sure they were all extinguished!

(I want to get married at Ochre Court, by the way!)

honestly? i'd LOVE to buy the house i grew up in.

oldhouse-2.jpg

it's not fancy but it was home for 20 years. and it's by the beach. can't beat that. :smile:

maybe someday.

I love this home, which is in Pacific Heights and has a breathtaking view of the bay, including the Golden Gate Bridge. It also has a ballroom, for the occasional ball, should I choose to throw one. Price: $22,800,000.
291888.jpg

I also love this house, which is right at the Marina green and across the street from The Palace of Fine arts. At $6,000,000, it is a bargain compared to the mansion above:
314461.jpg

OK, in my wildest dreams, it is this one:

Attachments

• castle4sale.jpg
    castle4sale.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 53
  • castle4sale2.jpg
    castle4sale2.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 33
  • castle4sale3.jpg
    castle4sale3.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 26
But in reality, I would love to build a strawbale house

Attachments

• 1925nebraskastrawbalehouse.gif
    1925nebraskastrawbalehouse.gif
    35.7 KB · Views: 26
  • kruggel-exteriorstrawbalehouse.jpg
    kruggel-exteriorstrawbalehouse.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 22
  • arizonastrawbalehouse.jpg
    arizonastrawbalehouse.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 27
You ever been to any of the mansions? My favorites were Belcourt Castle and The Breakers!

And going through any of those mansions, I couldn't help but be amazed at the fact that before lightbulbs, servants had to go through all those rooms and light all those candles! And then they had to make sure they were all extinguished!

(I want to get married at Ochre Court, by the way!)

About three years ago, I went to see the mansions. They're just fab! :love: It's funny you say you want to get married at a mansion. I do, too. It's not in Rhode Island, though. I wanted to get married in Oak Alley. My fave movie was shot there.

oak-alley-plantation-large.jpg

IMG_0013OakAlleyPlantation.JPG

I love the look of old-fashion houses, especially some of the old plantations or victorian houses. I also like brick houses.

Attachments

• 00045453.jpg
    00045453.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 25
  • pag8602a.jpg
    pag8602a.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 32
  • victorian-house.jpg
    victorian-house.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 31