Confused on what to buy

courtneyh

O.G.
Oct 9, 2006
Hi my name is Courtney!! I am new to this forum and i am just learning how to use this. I love Louis Vuitton bags and I am up in arms about which one to purchase. I know I want the speedy 25 but I dont know if I want the Damier or Monogram Canvas. I was wondering if anyone would maybe help me out...or input would be great. Thanks so much. Hope this is ok I am definatly new to all this forum stuff!!!:yes:

vachetta is the leather that the handles and piping are made of. it can get dirty if you're not careful, and it gets darker as it oxidizes over time

I just got a damier speedy and I love it, I almost went with the mono..but decided to go with the damier intsead. It goes with everything and not as many people have it!!

thats what i was thinking....i see so many people with the monogram....but im afraid if i get the damier i will regret it and want the monogram or the other way around!!!! but the damier is georgous....and i dont see anyone with it where i live.

Thats what I was going to suggest too, go try them out and see which you like better. I love the monogram but I think I want it in a different style bag than the speedy. You might look at the visual thread also to see some pics :yes:

also what about the alma bag??? how does everyone feel about that bag?? that would be my second pick for a bag!!

Since you're new to LV, I'd start out with the classic/basic bag like the Speedys. I like both the Mono and the Damier, it's a matter of YOUR preference, I agree with Mr Posh Spice, you need to try them on yourself.:yes: I'm at a point where I've slowly built a LV collection like most of the people here so, I have all three and love them all equally. BTW, the Alma is a gorgeous practical bag, love it! Some people think it's too mature looking but, again it's a matter of preference.:shrugs:

Attachments

• (16) Louis Vuitton - Speedy 35 - 605.JPG
    (16) Louis Vuitton - Speedy 35 - 605.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 35
  • (17) Louis Vuitton - Damier Speedy 30 - (585) 620.JPG
    (17) Louis Vuitton - Damier Speedy 30 - (585) 620.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 35
  • (20) Louis Vuitton - Epi Leather Alma - (970) 1040.JPG
    (20) Louis Vuitton - Epi Leather Alma - (970) 1040.JPG
    29.4 KB · Views: 30
you also have to consider that the linning inside the speedy damier tends to bleed. It doesnt bother some of us who have pursekets &/or dont put any light colored wallets etc in our bags. i personally have the damier 25, i use it almost everyday

I would go to the store and see what strikes you. Don't be scared to go in there with questions. They are there to help you. I think that damier is a great choice, but so is mono.

YES good point rica!!!! MANY of the damier bags' linings are made out of a cherry red fabric, which in these specific bags tend to bleed to colour on to light objects IN the bag, i.e edges of light wallets or novels, I personally think its ludicrous and would suggest of you have your heart set on the damier wait until they sort it out, because they will, however lately I must say I am seeing some major quality control issues in certain LV products (i.e the less expensive or smaller items) but this will hopefully all be resolved soon so dont let it turn u off, just a bit of warning, however I'd say go with the mono anyways, and do WHAT U FEEL U NEED first, buy something that u'll enjoy until the next bag, becasue if u had ur sights on a speedy first and go for an alma, U'll just keep thinking about that speedy until you get it.