Threads

Ptosis correction WITHOUT double eyelid surgery in SK?

I am in the similar position as you. I'm fairly new to this thread but I've gotten great insights thanks to everyone here. But the kind of surgery I am wanting is, I'm not looking for a drastic change, hence I'm not looking for double eyelid surgery. I just want my eyes to look natural but slightly bigger. I wouldn't want to do it in the US bc I would much rather have someone that has more experience with Asian eyes to work on me.

Need help deciding!

My friend in Dubai sent me some YSL Nu Pieds that are currently on sale right now, both looks good and almost similar in color. I am so conflicted on what style to choose. If anyone owns either, can someone please post pictures? Thanks a bunch ladies!

Attachments

• 6CF9CD08-5B86-4B15-A31A-E683E1D8191E.jpeg
    6CF9CD08-5B86-4B15-A31A-E683E1D8191E.jpeg
    49 KB · Views: 6
  • 33E4207D-CF67-4002-A426-E022210F73D8.png
    33E4207D-CF67-4002-A426-E022210F73D8.png
    260.7 KB · Views: 7

Mini vanity or classic flap?

Keep! Like others have said, I feel like they're different enough to justify having both in your collection. ... To me the vanity is more of a casual, fun, "throw on & go" bag for when you might just be out running errands or on a school field trip w/ your kid, or sightseeing on vacay & don't want to carry around a slightly bigger/more conspicuous bag. (I just made up those scenarios lol) And then the flap of course can work in all of the above hypothetical situations too, but is a bit more classy/dressy IMHO.

But of course I suspect it will be back in more colors in future seasons, so if you're having second thoughts, maybe sell it & hold out for a different color? As long as you're sure you won't miss it/wish you had kept it in case you can't get another color soon! :smile:

Using apple guard on embellished bags (and canvas pieces)

Hey everyone! Hope you're all doing well and staying safe.

I recently acquired several light-colored pieces that I want to protect against color transfer: the Stardust Sierra (in I believe crossgrain), a pebbled-leather Nolita with prairie rivets, and a cosmetic pouch in coated canvas. I've never used apple guard before, so I wanted to ask advice from the more experienced!

1) For the embellished bags, is there anything in particular I should do after spraying? I was thinking probably wiping off the rivets?
2) Is it okay to spray the coated canvas cosmetic pouch?
Also, I've several other bags, including some vintage bags. Is it recommended to just go wild and spray them all? Or limit myself to the lighter colored pieces?

Any tips and tricks would be appreciated! Especially on how to go about doing things right.

New to BV, please help me choose a color

I received the bag and while it was gorgeous, sadly, I just didn’t find it comfortable to carrY. As promised though I’ll attach a pic. I may consider the mini in the future but atm I have an abundance of mini/small bags.
Here she is, Ms Moutarde, purchased like new from Yoogi’s. (I am currently looking into a classic BV hobo)
View attachment 4780979
Great choice, I would choose cammello too. The color fits the organic shape of the bag and shows the nice fold and drapeyness of the buttery soft leather. Maybe you can use it as a pice of art and just a display. You need to suffer for fashion, baby. Just kidding :giggle:

Whatever happened to the sparkle tweeds?

So circa 2010 I bought, on impulse, a Tillie in powder beige sparkle tweed in the Mulberry sale (online). It was so beautiful, the finish was lovely and so was the hardware. After about 2 days I realised I was never going to use it because the hardware and sparkle were so impractical and so I sold it on eBay.

I’ve always regretted this a bit and so when saw a Tillie on eBay recently I bought it (after authentication of course). It’s not sparkle tweed but I’m curious, how many of you who bought this beautiful bag still have one this many years later? Did the sparkle tweed survive or have they all been reduced to a dull, rough textured mess as I feared?

Filter