Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

YSL Arty rings thread!

POST A REPLY

Aug 11, 2012, 4:11pm   #2161
Kyanite
On Neiman Marcus site few day ago, and seems like it was sold out.
And now I'm trying to find it but don't know color (((
Aug 11, 2012, 4:20pm   #2162
E
Ettena
I am torn between size 8 and 9. I am just in the middle of them, and I'm worried that if I buy the 8 it can be too small, but if I buy 9, I'll end up with a ring that's too big to wear... are they small in size, or true to other ring sizes? I really want a ring, but it's not in stock in size 9 atm : ( Sadly I can't try them on in a store, size my country don't stock them in any store nearby. Is it true that the arty ovals run a bit small in size?
Aug 11, 2012, 6:42pm   #2163
h
hiheyhello
Originally Posted by Ettena
I am torn between size 8 and 9. I am just in the middle of them, and I'm worried that if I buy the 8 it can be too small, but if I buy 9, I'll end up with a ring that's too big to wear... are they small in size, or true to other ring sizes? I really want a ring, but it's not in stock in size 9 atm : ( Sadly I can't try them on in a store, size my country don't stock them in any store nearby. Is it true that the arty ovals run a bit small in size?
They may be a bit smaller like maybe 1/2 a ring size smaller than typical rings because usually a size 5 is a little bit loose on me but the size 5 in the arty fit well and is maybe even a little snug on me. I think you'd probably be safe getting your usual ring size though.
Aug 12, 2012, 1:10am   #2164
jp_536
Originally Posted by Kyanite

Forgot to attach )))
I am wondering the same thing. NM online calls it "ice" and I knew it wasn't ice but I ordered it anyways hoping I'd get the one in the pic. Two times I ordered it, they sent me Ice and not the one in the picture. (even after sales rep wrote specific instructions to match the one in pic online). :(. Booooo... It probably says Sold Out because they don't actually have that one.

So I was going to post the same question, what color/stone is the one in your pic. Hopefully someone can help us bc I really want that color/stone :)
Aug 12, 2012, 1:18am   #2165
jp_536
Originally Posted by Ettena
I think you should size up, to a 9. Because of the shape of the ring and how much surface area it would cover on your finger, your usual size will probably fit too tight. And when you order it, you may want to order 2 in the same size bc they all fit a little different, and hopefully you can return one without any add'l charges. I ordered 2 different colors in the same size before and they fit different, one was definitely too tight. I wouldn't have known a 6 would fit if I didn't have the other one (another size 6) that fit great. So I just exchanged the one ring for another 6 which came back and fit great. Hope that helps :)
Aug 12, 2012, 3:00am   #2166
JulieLee
Originally Posted by Kyanite
My left ring finger is 5,4 cm and I'm wearing size 5 on it. Middle finger is 5,9 and it is size 6.
So maybe you will try size 6?
A have several rings from YSL but already sizes come true.

And what is a rose-gold ring?

Attachment 1830056

If you interesting in this one - it looks good after wearing it multiple times all summer.
Arty love ring also didn't have any damages on it.
I meant this ring, it has a rose-gold finish:

Aug 12, 2012, 8:40am   #2167
girlygeek
geek meets chic
Originally Posted by JulieLee
If I had the chance to visit a store nearby that sold the YSL Arty-ring I could go there to see which size would fit me best, but this is not the case for me. I live in the Netherlands and I have searched the internet but couldn't find ANY store at all that sold these so I could come over and try them on.
Ah ok, perhaps I'd recommend to buy the size(s) that's closer to the measurement, but the bigger one is safer. Just in case the fitting is tighter than normal
Aug 14, 2012, 10:20am   #2168
E
Ettena
Originally Posted by jp_536
I think you should size up, to a 9. Because of the shape of the ring and how much surface area it would cover on your finger, your usual size will probably fit too tight. And when you order it, you may want to order 2 in the same size bc they all fit a little different, and hopefully you can return one without any add'l charges. I ordered 2 different colors in the same size before and they fit different, one was definitely too tight. I wouldn't have known a 6 would fit if I didn't have the other one (another size 6) that fit great. So I just exchanged the one ring for another 6 which came back and fit great. Hope that helps :)
Ah, thank you! But it kind of sucks that I'm being recommended a size bigger, seeing as they don't have size 9 in THIS gorgeous little thing... Maybe I'll order a size 8, just to see for myself? Argh. But it's gonna be so expensive to send it back if it don't fit. I even mailed the customer servize, and they told me they don't make this ring in size 9. Which is odd, seeing as they had it in stock (according to the webpage) a couple of weeks ago
Aug 14, 2012, 10:22am   #2169
E
Ettena
Originally Posted by JulieLee
I meant this ring, it has a rose-gold finish:
I just love rose gold finishes, but doesn't it tear of very easy? Because it's not plated with real rose gold, or is it...?
Aug 17, 2012, 10:20am   #2170
ekrause
Originally Posted by lim_vicky

Hi there! I bought mine straight from the ysl.com website. I think there may be only a dark silver hardware for the ice ring.

Here is the link:
http://www.ysl.com/en_US/shop-products/Women/Jewelry/Rings/ysl-arty-oval-ring-with-ice-stone_804939596.html?recref=#!{%22products%22:{%22 304215Y166H%22:{%22size%22:%2204%22,%22color%22:%2 21902%22}}}
I am officially going to get this now but I'm scared is going to look just exactly like the picture, almost gun metal. I called and they said is just silver hardware but for some weird reason I am paranoid and believe yours is lighter, like the one in SAKs? Was the one on this link, the one you bought? Sorry Vicky, but just want to be sure :-S and it doesn't help I don't have a store near by to check -_-
Aug 17, 2012, 6:26pm   #2171
f
fashion16
Originally Posted by ekrause

I am officially going to get this now but I'm scared is going to look just exactly like the picture, almost gun metal. I called and they said is just silver hardware but for some weird reason I am paranoid and believe yours is lighter, like the one in SAKs? Was the one on this link, the one you bought? Sorry Vicky, but just want to be sure :-S and it doesn't help I don't have a store near by to check -_-
I had this ring before I returned it. It was silver, not gunmetal. I didnt keep it b/c the ice and silver together washed the ring out. I chose a gold ring instead.
Aug 18, 2012, 5:34pm   #2172
ekrause
Originally Posted by fashion16

I had this ring before I returned it. It was silver, not gunmetal. I didnt keep it b/c the ice and silver together washed the ring out. I chose a gold ring instead.
Thank you!!! Wanted to be sure. Another girl told me the same thing about the ring. She liked it on pictures but once she saw it she didn't like the way the stone looked, same, watched it out, but there is something about it i seriously like ^^ Thank you very much for the feedback!!!
Aug 22, 2012, 1:22pm   #2173
Kyanite
Girls does anybody wants to sell their gold/white glass or silver/light green rings please let me know ))))

I'm trying to find it but unsuccessful (((
Ak.lampo4ka at gmail.com
Aug 22, 2012, 9:15pm   #2174
f
fashion16
Originally Posted by ekrause

Thank you!!! Wanted to be sure. Another girl told me the same thing about the ring. She liked it on pictures but once she saw it she didn't like the way the stone looked, same, watched it out, but there is something about it i seriously like ^^ Thank you very much for the feedback!!!
Do you ladies match your rings to your outfits? For example, what colors do you wear with your lapis, coral, or turquoise ring? Net a porter shows all colors of rings with what I consider to be clashing outfits and it looks ok on the site but I am not sure I could pull it off.
Aug 25, 2012, 2:52am   #2175
Kyanite
Originally Posted by jp_536

I am wondering the same thing. NM online calls it "ice" and I knew it wasn't ice but I ordered it anyways hoping I'd get the one in the pic. Two times I ordered it, they sent me Ice and not the one in the picture. (even after sales rep wrote specific instructions to match the one in pic online). :(. Booooo... It probably says Sold Out because they don't actually have that one.

So I was going to post the same question, what color/stone is the one in your pic. Hopefully someone can help us bc I really want that color/stone :)
I found it!!!
The color is skymint!!!
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >