Home > >

My Edited to 10 Bags Collection

POST A REPLY

Jun 3, 2012, 10:55pm   #1
alyra
Super modest collection compared to most of you, but I got out all my bags to check for maintenance/etc and thought I would share. I sold the majority of my collection at the beginning of the year and limited myself to ten bags. Here's what I kept, in chronological order of purchase.

1) 1999 - Tom Ford era Jackie O. I think this was the first reissue. In blue canvas with black leather trim.
2) 2003 - Marc Jacobs - Yellow Tote (I have no idea if this style has a name).
3) 2004 - Kooba Sienna in Luggage (second issue I believe).
4) 2005 - Marc Jacobs Stam in Black (also the second season).
5) 2006 - Balenciaga City - Rouge VIF
6) 2009 - Gryson Cybelle Top Handle in Black
7) 2009 - Gryson Cybelle Top Handle in Moss Green
8) 2011 - PS11 Classic in Black
9) 2011 - AW Rocco Black/Brass
10) 2012 - PS1 SKA in Bronze

Pictures next.
Jun 3, 2012, 10:58pm   #2
alyra
My Gucci. Love this color combo, plus I have a pair of heels, a black leather trimmed top/skirt and cashmere sweater from this same collection.
Attached Images

Jun 3, 2012, 11:04pm   #3
alyra
Love love love the Stam although the awkward shape means it holds less than it looks like it should. The Yellow tote has been completely untreated and there isn't a mark on it. I think Marc Jacobs' leather holds up really well, although obviously I haven't bought one in some time. Still true?
Attached Images

Jun 3, 2012, 11:06pm   #4
alyra
New PS fan. I think the PS11 may be my current number 1.
Attached Images

Jun 3, 2012, 11:10pm   #5
alyra
My one Balenciaga. I wouldn't mind getting a black first or work (I had one in my hands when they very first came out, and didn't have the $750 for it as a grad student. Sob.) I love this red, and I wore this bag almost exclusively for 2 years I think? I need to bring it to ArtBags or someplace in NYC (any recs?) to clean/fix up some of the piping. Dark handles, I didn't know about FHO at the time.
Attached Images

Jun 3, 2012, 11:14pm   #6
alyra
Joy Gryson was a designer for Marc Jacobs, and it shows. I love the Cybelle top handle. Got them on sale. Leather reminds me of Bal leather, very soft and slouchy. I like the off-beat take on a messenger.
Attached Images

Jun 3, 2012, 11:17pm   #7
alyra
My current everyday bag (just got a prisma wallet to carry with). I love the studs on the bottom. Weight doesn't bother me at all. It's not as pebbled on the sides as many I have seen, but I like that it looks a little different, and again it is very slouchy (it is loaded up in the pic).
Attached Images

Jun 3, 2012, 11:18pm   #8
alyra
Couldn't part with this bag. Still love it. Reminds me of a bag my mum would have carried.
Attached Images

Jun 3, 2012, 11:22pm   #9
alyra
And here they are all together. Just for the hell of it. So small collection I know, but I love them all. I'm new to posting pics (I've only done it once before). They seem huge and I resized them down by 75%. :/ Anyway, hope you like.
Attached Images

Jun 3, 2012, 11:28pm   #10
tonij2000
Luvs Leather
Awesome collection! I wish I could get mine to a manageable size...
Jun 3, 2012, 11:36pm   #11
alyra
Thanks! It was partially out of necessity. We have a lab puppy who chews everything and the only place I could be sure she wouldn't get at my bags was in my hope chest. Plus, I watched a few too many episodes of Hoarders! I cleaned out clothes and shoes too.
Jun 4, 2012, 1:28pm   #12
tobefetching
bagaddicted
Originally Posted by alyra
Thanks! It was partially out of necessity. We have a lab puppy who chews everything and the only place I could be sure she wouldn't get at my bags was in my hope chest. Plus, I watched a few too many episodes of Hoarders! I cleaned out clothes and shoes too.
OMG! Lol. After Hoarding numerous episodes of Hoarders on my DVR and having a little marathon, I too cleaned out a LOT of things that I owned several months ago. That show will scare you straight :) Lovely collection!
Jun 4, 2012, 11:46pm   #13
tinad2004
beautiful collection! i love your bal and your alexander wang! stunning!
Jul 14, 2012, 1:15pm   #14
n
new gal
good job collecting and editing!
Jul 14, 2012, 1:22pm   #15
DamierLover
Nice variety in your collection.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >