Explorations in vintage Dooney & Bourke

POST A REPLY

Jun 27, 2012, 2:58pm   #31
p
princess011
I love that backpack!
Jun 29, 2012, 3:36pm   #32
button_Princess
I adore these vintage bags, especially the maroon satchel, thats very nice. For me with Vintage, if its good quality leather and I like how it looks Im not fussed what the name on the tag says, unfortunately I cant say the same with modern bags - Im not that saintly with those! :-)
Jun 29, 2012, 5:09pm   #33
denton
a guy
Originally Posted by denton
I take photos for fun, and in photo forums we often do a 'pic of the day'. Also, I like to do documentary photography, in which we document changes of things over time. In this case, we'll see a change in the pocketbook. lol.

I'm going to add to this thread, by taking a photo of my wife, at the same place (NYC, Central Park, Gastrow Bridge), around the same time every day that it is practical (early morning on the way to work). With a different D&B find, of course.

The first couple or three I have already posted elsewhere on tpf. But we'll be posting new ones regularly.

Hope you enjoy!
I looove these Tetons...

db4-1 by dentonTay, on Flickr

I'm beginning to wonder about this one as I haven't seen another like it. It has the 'DB' hang tag, not the duck.

db4-2 by dentonTay, on Flickr

Pre-AWL Esquetarian.

db4-3 by dentonTay, on Flickr
Jul 2, 2012, 10:02am   #34
DonnaHawk
I LVoe bags :-)
Beautiful
Thank you for sharing
Jul 2, 2012, 11:26am   #35
Vintasia
Originally Posted by hardymem
Awesome collection, you make me want to collect vintage D&B's.
yeah same here.
Jul 2, 2012, 12:09pm   #36
No Cute
cupcake butt
Great collection! I really love the way you grouped them for the pictures!
Jul 10, 2012, 6:47am   #37
denton
a guy
Glad you all like these.

I take photos for fun, and in photo forums we often do a 'pic of the day'. Also, I like to do documentary photography, in which we document changes of things over time. In this case, we'll see a change in the pocketbook. lol.

I'm going to add to this thread, by taking a photo of my wife, at the same place (NYC, Central Park, Gastrow Bridge), around the same time every day that it is practical (early morning on the way to work). With a different D&B find, of course.

Hope you enjoy!
I love this vintage silk Ungaro outfilt... Dark green bag.

db710-1 by dentonTay, on Flickr

The light is playing tricks with this early full flap green label bag.

db710-2 by dentonTay, on Flickr

Black Essex, and oh, looks like a haircut :-)

db710-3 by dentonTay, on Flickr
Last edited Jul 10, 2012 at 6:52am.
Jul 16, 2012, 2:18am   #38
pointe1134
Great collection-love the way you put everything together!
Jul 19, 2012, 11:15pm   #39
M
MassielPluto
Nice!
Jul 24, 2012, 1:52pm   #40
Glamouricious
I'm mesmerized! I love those colors!
Jul 31, 2012, 3:30pm   #41
denton
a guy
Glad you all like these.

The first couple or three I have already posted elsewhere on tpf. But we'll be posting new ones regularly.

Hope you enjoy!
I've noticed two early twenties women walking around with this Big Duck bag recently, and I've also noticed they can get expensive on ebay because of this. Couldn't pass up this color!

dooney731-10 by dentonTay, on Flickr

My wife loves these Norfolks, especially the bigger ones like this. They hold a lot of stuff!

dooney731-11 by dentonTay, on Flickr

This is probably their best-selling bag, navy Equestrian, simple and elegant, if common.

dooney731-12 by dentonTay, on Flickr
Jul 31, 2012, 10:18pm   #42
l
laurenkunst
I have just recently started collecting vintage dooney and vintage coach. Your collections are amazing! Inspiring!!!
Aug 2, 2012, 2:13pm   #43
denton
a guy
Glad you all like these.

Hope you enjoy!
This one I would love your help on. I ran into it from the same seller on Bonanza and ebay. It appears to be genuine croc, leather lined. The shape and interior logo look like early Dooney, as does the brass tag. The seller stated that Dooney was making skin bags for a very short time. I've never seen another one of these, nor could I find a reference to any Dooney skin bags. Anyway, real or not, it's beautiful!!!

dooney82-10 by dentonTay, on Flickr

With its drop-down wallet and fringed ends, this Kilty is Dooney's most delightfully quirky bag.

dooney82-12 by dentonTay, on Flickr

And another big Norfolk:

dooney82-11 by dentonTay, on Flickr
Aug 2, 2012, 10:48pm   #44
Nancy in VA
Bal & Legacy Lover
Love your collection. Really like those Teton bags - never knew they existed - now I want one.
Aug 3, 2012, 8:09am   #45
l
laurenkunst
There is a dooney that I want to bid on but I'm not sure if it's authentic. The tag on the inside is making me question it. Can you help me? Thanks!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/280930490587...#ht_500wt_1202
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >