Home Accessorize Yourself The Wardrobe Wardrobe Accessories

Ideas on attaching Fur collar onto jacket non-permanently?

POST A REPLY

Feb 15, 2010, 10:23pm   #1
Old school tPFer
Hi all...!!

So my mom gave me one of her vintage fur collars for xmas, and though i am ecstatic that its something that would go with most of my coats i'm at a loss as to how to attach the collar onto my coats properly. I've been googling my lil fingers off and so far i couldn't really find anything other installing lil ribbon loops on it..(which won't work for this style) so i would really love some advice on this. So far i've only worn it out once sort of draped around the collar of my coat and although it looks fine (somewhat) everytime i take my coat off the collar would just fall off.

Is there such a thing as a detachable clip on? something i can get a tailor to do? i'm looking for something that would allow to me to attach it ncie and secure on a jacket, at the same time being non-permanent.. here's a pic of a similar fur collar:

Name:  crystal-large.jpg
Views: 1042
Size:  10.6 KB

Thanks all!!
Feb 18, 2010, 4:17am   #2
Old school tPFer
bump?
Feb 18, 2010, 7:28am   #3
I bought an Adrianne Landau red fox fur scarf/collar and it has this little clip thing on one side so you can clip one end to the other or in my case(scarf a littile long)get a cross over effect. I don't know how to describe clip except in hair accessory terms it's like a duck clip. Why don't you take it to a furrier, a good one should have some ideas for you.
Mar 1, 2010, 11:06pm   #4
I have a couple of vintage fur collars that I move around to sweaters, jackets, etc. I use two large safety pins to attach the collar on the underside just near the lapel.
POST A REPLY
  HOME Accessorize Yourself The Wardrobe Wardrobe Accessories