Home Accessorize Yourself The Wardrobe Wardrobe Accessories

Honest opinion about square silk scarves?

POST A REPLY

Jul 31, 2013, 10:09pm   #61
at the shore
...and a few more ways, I like to wear my 90cm scarves.
Attached Images

Aug 1, 2013, 9:21am   #62
Shopping Enthusiast
Originally Posted by etoile de mer
So lovely! I really like the way you've paired your Hermes scarf and Lift!

I just recently bought a Farandole 80 and I'm trying to figure out how to wear it with a scarf.
Aug 1, 2013, 9:23am   #63
Shopping Enthusiast
Hello ladysarah,

I'd like a number of mine to have more drape. It's one of the the rewards of owning them for a bit, and wearing them!

Here are some ways I like to wear my Hermes 90cm scarves. In the first photo, I'm wearing two identical 90cm, tied together as a top. I've purchased two of a few favorites to wear this way. But two complimentary scarves look great tied this way, too. The loose ends can be tucked in, making for a cleaner look which I like a bit better.
Thanks for this photo!! As mentioned above, I just bought a Farandole 80 and I've been trying to figure how to wear it with a scarf without looking overdone. You've done it perfectly!
Aug 1, 2013, 9:31am   #64
Shopping Enthusiast
Originally Posted by ladysarah

Thank you- just saw those. Beautiful items! I particularly like the wool silk mix with the frayed edge...
Thanks, ladysarah! They are really beautiful scarves. It's hard to capture just how nice they are. I used to have several more but I gave a bunch to my SIL when I started becoming more interested in Hermes scarves. After several H scarf purchases I turned my attention back to Talbots scarves because they are so much more affordable, especially when I buy them at the clearance store.

By the way, I've followed in your footsteps and bought a vintage Kelly! I was thinking about buying a newer one, but I found one in excellent condition at a great price!
Aug 1, 2013, 9:43am   #65
Hopelessly Addicted!
I like to join! I do agree being a little bit thinner makes the scarf more appealing. I am on the chubbier side and sometimes when I wear scarf. I do look chubbier.
Aug 1, 2013, 11:00am   #66
at the shore
Originally Posted by HermesNewbie
So lovely! I really like the way you've paired your Hermes scarf and Lift!

I just recently bought a Farandole 80 and I'm trying to figure out how to wear it with a scarf.
Thanks for this photo!! As mentioned above, I just bought a Farandole 80 and I've been trying to figure how to wear it with a scarf without looking overdone. You've done it perfectly!
Many thanks, HermesNewbie! And enjoy your new Farandole! Mine is a 120cm, and I love to pair it, and my Lift pendants with scarves. Love your turquoise/brown paisley scarf! Is it a recent offering...wondering if I could find one.
Last edited Aug 1, 2013 at 11:30am.
Aug 1, 2013, 8:01pm   #67
Shopping Enthusiast
Many thanks, HermesNewbie! And enjoy your new Farandole! Mine is a 120cm, and I love to pair it, and my Lift pendants with scarves. Love your turquoise/brown paisley scarf! Is it a recent offering...wondering if I could find one.
Thank you! I believe I bought that scarf last fall. Hopefully you can find one on eBay!
Aug 2, 2013, 1:47pm   #68
at the shore
Thank you! I believe I bought that scarf last fall. Hopefully you can find one on eBay!
Oh, bother...just wanted to be able to pop in and buy one! But thanks so much for letting me know!
Aug 3, 2013, 2:50pm   #69
Shopping Enthusiast
Oh, bother...just wanted to be able to pop in and buy one! But thanks so much for letting me know!
Sometimes items pop up again in the clearance stores. If I see one I will let you know!
Aug 3, 2013, 9:11pm   #70
at the shore
Sometimes items pop up again in the clearance stores. If I see one I will let you know!
Thank you, HermesNewbie, so nice of you!
Aug 6, 2013, 6:45pm   #71
just cruising
I haven't had time to read the whole thread here, but I love scarves and often wonder if they are too frumpy. However, I do love my Valentino scarf and think it looks just fine.
They can polish off an outfit. Think of this outfit without it. Kind of boring, I'd say. But the scarf steps it up a notch.
Attached Images

Aug 6, 2013, 9:25pm   #72
Shopping Enthusiast
Originally Posted by nascar fan
I haven't had time to read the whole thread here, but I love scarves and often wonder if they are too frumpy. However, I do love my Valentino scarf and think it looks just fine.
They can polish off an outfit. Think of this outfit without it. Kind of boring, I'd say. But the scarf steps it up a notch.
Great outfit! I love your Valentino scarf! Are your shoes Valentino as well?
Aug 7, 2013, 3:56am   #73
Hello ladysarah,

I'd like a number of mine to have more drape. It's one of the the rewards of owning them for a bit, and wearing them!

Here are some ways I like to wear my Hermes 90cm scarves. In the first photo, I'm wearing two identical 90cm, tied together as a top. I've purchased two of a few favorites to wear this way. But two complimentary scarves look great tied this way, too. The loose ends can be tucked in, making for a cleaner look which I like a bit better.
Excellent work edm, you look so chic and well put together in all the pics, I have huge admiration for your skills.

How exactly do you make that incredible 2 scarf top in the first pic ?
Aug 7, 2013, 4:01am   #74
Originally Posted by nascar fan
I agree, A scarf is it a bit like a textile magic wand, and this outfit is a good example of what you say, although I don't think 'boring', more 'plain' or a 'neutral'.
Aug 7, 2013, 4:10am   #75
Per LadySarah's request, here are some of my Talbots scarves. The silks are first (I tried to get a good photo of a rolled hem), followed by a plissť type scarf (which perfectly matches my Vert Anise Hermes Garden Party). I know this thread is about silk scarves but I thought I would include my silk/cashmere scarves as well. These are so soft! All the scarves are beautiful; it's hard to capture just how lovely they are! Talbots really does a great job on there scarves/stoles - I highly recommend them!Attachment 2258609
Attachment 2258610
Attachment 2258611
Attachment 2258612
Attachment 2258613
Attachment 2258616
Attachment 2258617
Attachment 2258618
Attachment 2258620
Attachment 2258621
Attachment 2258622
Attachment 2258623
Attachment 2258624
Attachment 2258625
I have some scarves besides H too, I especially like your paisley examples HN, cheat away
POST A REPLY
  HOME Accessorize Yourself The Wardrobe Wardrobe Accessories