Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

Authenticate This Valentino - read post 1 FIRST

POST A REPLY

Mar 7, 2011, 8:30pm   #46
LabelLover81
Peace Love & Purses
I think it looks good, but a picture of the bottom of the bag would help. MGA, would this model have a serial number? I'm thinking no, but can't be certain.
Mar 7, 2011, 9:00pm   #47
mga13
I think it would be wise to look for the serial number (if it's not there it's not a big deal-it is an old model-but just to make sure)
Mar 8, 2011, 5:42pm   #48
t
tabolove26
Hello LabelLover81 and mga13,

Thank you both. I really appreciate your help. I am going to ask seller for those pics now.
Mar 11, 2011, 2:45am   #49
vesna
Hi dear girls, I MUST authenticate my Portero's bag, because I do not trust them. The bag looks good but so do the fakes I have seen like this one:

http://www.buyahandbags.com/Valentin...r-Bag-Red.html

I will post batches of pics of various stuff, stitches, zippers which are the most puzzling YKK

Please help me figure this one out

here are stitches on oval handle leather supports, are they sloppy work or OK for valentino?

Mar 11, 2011, 2:46am   #50
vesna
now dust bag (I saw old 2006, 2007 models made like this)

Mar 11, 2011, 2:47am   #51
vesna
now front and back and bottom

Mar 11, 2011, 2:48am   #52
vesna
now metal plaque and inner tag

Mar 11, 2011, 2:50am   #53
vesna
now zipper pulls and heads

you can see engraving YKK here

Mar 11, 2011, 2:54am   #54
vesna
some other stitches

NO SERIAL number of any kind anywhere, nor "made in" label anywhere

thanks a lot girls, any comment will be appreciated !!!
Mar 11, 2011, 8:06am   #55
LabelLover81
Peace Love & Purses
Hi Vesna, This bag is old enough where it wouldn't have a serial number or "made in" label. In fact, no Valentino bags say "Made in Italy" unfortunately
However, I do believe this bag to be authentic. Another thing to keep in mind is that sometimes websites that sell fake bags post pics of REAL bags, to comfort people, then send out fake ones once a purchase is made.
Let's wait for MGA to confirm, but I think you're good to go. Congrats on your new beauty!!
Mar 11, 2011, 8:29am   #56
LabelLover81
Peace Love & Purses
I take back what I said about the "Made in Italy". It's on all Valentino bags (somehow I forgot! I'm not a morning person, can't you tell?)

Your inside red tag has "Made in Italy" written perpendicular to the Valentino Garavani on the right hand side. It's small, but it's there
Mar 11, 2011, 9:34am   #57
vesna
Originally Posted by LabelLover81
I take back what I said about the "Made in Italy". It's on all Valentino bags (somehow I forgot! I'm not a morning person, can't you tell?)

Your inside red tag has "Made in Italy" written perpendicular to the Valentino Garavani on the right hand side. It's small, but it's there

yes yes, Made in Italy is on the inner red label vertical. I saw that. Thanks a lot.

I am still confussed about zippers, and I do remember another girl asking about it too (she saw her bag had YKK zippers) and no one could answer.

I am not a mirning person at all , I ppsted pics at 2:00 a.m.
Mar 11, 2011, 12:22pm   #58
mga13
Hi vesna!

Your bag is authentic. About the zipper pull, old bags specially Maisons may come with riri or ykk zippers. And as LL said, it is old enough to not have a code tag inside the inner pocket. I think your Maison is 2007 (maybe SS-first season). Don't worry about that, my Red Studded Satchel is FW2006 and it doesn't have the code tag either.
Mar 11, 2011, 12:31pm   #59
vesna
Originally Posted by mga13
Hi vesna!

Your bag is authentic. About the zipper pull, old bags specially Maisons may come with riri or ykk zippers. And as LL said, it is old enough to not have a code tag inside the inner pocket. I think your Maison is 2007 (maybe SS-first season). Don't worry about that, my Red Studded Satchel is FW2006 and it doesn't have the code tag either.

OMG !!!!!!

Thanks you so much, I was breathing heavy last night taking photos until 2:00 a.m figuring out which setting is best for details. I am sooooooooo HAPPY besides it was brand new !!!

girls, this gang is one of a kind
Mar 11, 2011, 4:41pm   #60
Mithril
Dear Vesna,

Now I am not as much of an expert as LL or Mga, but all details look authentic to me as well. Heavy black even stitching everywhere and the Maison name plates only have one surrounding layer of black stitching instead of two like on many other models. I have older bags 2005-6 that don't have serial #s and came with the canvas bag as well. Congrats!!
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >