Up to 50% Off Big Brown Bag Sale

ASOS

Black Friday 30% Off With Code: TGIBF
Home > >

Yet another reason to stay out of Walmart

POST A REPLY

May 16, 2012, 10:08pm   #16
HauteMama
I agree that this could happen anywhere. But I do feel bad for both the guy and the snake.

My mom once found a tarantula in a bunch of bananas. She was young at the time and screamed bloody murder until my dad came running. She told him what she saw, and where it went, and he dismissed the idea that it could be a tarantula (they are NOT native to our area), but looked for it anyway. Well, he found it and caught it and sure enough, it was a giant hairy spider. Wolf spiders are the only thing even close around here, and it definitely was not one of those. So strange beasties can show up almost anywhere with the way thing ship around the country/world.
Last edited May 16, 2012 at 10:17pm.
May 16, 2012, 11:44pm   #17
caitlin1214
Nasty Bish
Originally Posted by HauteMama
I agree that this could happen anywhere. But I do feel bad for both the guy and the snake.

My mom once found a tarantula in a bunch of bananas. She was young at the time and screamed bloody murder until my dad came running. She told him what she saw, and where it went, and he dismissed the idea that it could be a tarantula (they are NOT native to our area), but looked for it anyway. Well, he found it and caught it and sure enough, it was a giant hairy spider. Wolf spiders are the only thing even close around here, and it definitely was not one of those. So strange beasties can show up almost anywhere with the way thing ship around the country/world.
That's like that story about an Ontario family that found a black widow spider in a bag of grapes.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2.../18979326.html
Jun 1, 2012, 4:18pm   #18
~Fabulousity~
Originally Posted by Echoes
I always knew the place was a snakepit.

But in all seriousness, this could happen in any garden center. Product is shipped in from places that have snakes and one could easily hitch a ride.

Jun 1, 2012, 4:19pm   #19
~Fabulousity~
Originally Posted by SkylightTonight
We don't have Wal-mark in Australia. I'm always interested because I hear about these places (Chucky Cheese, Denny's, etc.) on American tv shows and wonder what they are like. I had a Hershey bar once, though.

I hope this poor guy is alright. Rattle snakes are highly venomous, are they not?

You're not missing a thing!
Jun 1, 2012, 10:07pm   #20
JAN!
<3
Guess it depends on the location. My walmart is really clean, spacious and nice.

Think we'd have a lesser chance of encountering a snake in Toronto though.
Jun 2, 2012, 11:13am   #21
Jahpson
Originally Posted by HauteMama

Omg poor mother! I would have screamed myself deaf!

Sent from Idris Elba's iPhone using PurseForum
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >