Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

Mass Shooting at Sikh Temple in WI

POST A REPLY

Aug 6, 2012, 5:43pm   #16
HauteMama
Originally Posted by BagsRmyLife
So sorry to hear that.

I'm also part of the Sikh Society here in NY and there's been a lot of police patrolling around the temples here. I don't think it would happen again and this was just one bizarre occurrence.

It's just a shame that it's been over 10 years and people still don't know who we are. Understandable that it's in WI close to a very small city but still a shame altogether.
Sadly, ignorance has no geographic home. Incidents of hate crimes against many different groups have occurred all over this country, and other states and larger cities are hardly immune. But I agree that it is sad that such misconceptions about people persist. The Sikh Temple in Oak Creek has been there for over 5 years, and their doors are open to anyone. They are welcoming and kind. There is simply no excuse for anyone here not knowing who they are and what they stand for.
Aug 6, 2012, 6:00pm   #17
kaitydid
Originally Posted by Angel124ev
My friend's brother in law was killed this morning by the gunman.. My thought and prayers are with everyone and their family.
I'm so sorry for you and your friend's loss.

My thoughts and prayers are with all the victims and their families.
Aug 9, 2012, 6:55pm   #18
ClassicFab
the shade of it all
This is just awful. My prayers are with the victims and their families.
Aug 9, 2012, 7:58pm   #19
JulieLovesLV
It amazes me that the people who are bold/stupid/sick enough to do things like this are also super dumb and too brain dead to realize that Hindus and Muslims are totally separate societies (religiously) and attacks on them are just plain ignorant and completely off target. Attacking Muslims is NOT okay either, they are also innocent of the crimes that other individuals choose to carry out themselves (and so are members of any other cultures with negative stereotypes).

I'm baffled and sickened that people think its justifiable to attack random innocents just because they look like someone else who they hate.
Aug 10, 2012, 11:30am   #20
caitlin1214
Nasty Bish
My thoughts and prayers are with those affected by the shooting.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >