Home The Playground Up to the Minute...

Man With 30 Kids To 11 Women Can't Afford Child Payments

POST A REPLY

May 19, 2012, 10:06pm   #1
Shub Niggurath
Quote:
A man who has fathered 30 children by 11 different women is asking the courts to give him a break from paying child-support.

Desmond Hatchett, 33, of Knoxville, Tennessee, has reportedly set a Knox County record for the number of children he has managed to reproduce with individual women, including one who worked for Victoria's Secret.

However, Hatchett is claiming to be a victim of his own success with the ladies, as he has become unable to make child-support payments and was back in court again this month asking for help.

Only bringing in a minimum wage salary, Hatchett legally has half of his pay check taken from him by the state every month which is divided among his 30 children.

In theory, Hatchett's obligations to his children would have him paying anywhere from $25 to $309 to the mothers of his enormous brood.

In reality, after half his pay is deducted, the virile dad is only able to provide the mother's of his children the paltry sum of $1.49 a month.

The child support payments are based in part on the ages and needs of the children that Hatchett has produced and the 33-year-old's oldest child is 14-years-old.

Desmond explained to Fox2Now.com how it all snowballed out of control financially for him: 'I had four kids in the same year. Twice.'

Asked in a TV interview whether he can 'keep up with it all', the 33-year-old said he knows all their names, ages and birth dates.

In 2009 when he first appeared in court on charges that most of the mothers were not receiving child support, he had 21 children.

At the time, he said he was not going to father any more kids, but he ended up having nine more in the past three years.

He said: 'I didn't intend to have this many, it just happened.'

When asked about the state of affairs with Hatchett, the Knox County child support clerk's office assumed a resigned air.

'Yes, we've got several cases with Mr. Hatchett,' said Melissa Gibson, assistant supervisor with the Knox County court to theLA Times.

When asked if the court would appreciate Hatchett to stop his sperm donations across the county, Gibson expressed a tongue in cheek response.

'If there's something out there like that, I'm unaware of it,' said Gibson.

'It definitely needs to be.'

Confirming that Hatchett is believed to be the Knox County record holder for fathering the most children, Gibson said that he might be a record holder in many different states let alone Tennessee.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1vNJSBwqm
May 19, 2012, 10:19pm   #2
~One Day At A Time~
I don't feel one bit sorry for him. Don't have children if you can't afford them.
May 19, 2012, 10:22pm   #3
tPF addict
How many mothers are there?! Has anyone seen the movie Idiocracy? I'm guessing this guy's not the sharpest tool in the shed to have 30 kids in 14 years.
May 19, 2012, 10:23pm   #4
Let's castrate him. It seems sensible.
May 19, 2012, 10:25pm   #5
I don't have any sympathy for him, either. But by the same token, you can't get blood from a turnip. If you sleep with a man with many other children and a minimum wage job, either use protection or don't expect any significant monetary (or emotional or time investment) support.
May 19, 2012, 10:59pm   #6
cupcake butt
Originally Posted by HauteMama
I don't have any sympathy for him, either. But by the same token, you can't get blood from a turnip. If you sleep with a man with many other children and a minimum wage job, either use protection or don't expect any significant monetary (or emotional or time investment) support.
Well said.
May 19, 2012, 11:07pm   #7
^^ I agree. I feel terrible for the kids though, with parents like this.
May 20, 2012, 2:55am   #8
goddess of suburbia
At the lesson is, for him: keep it in your pants. For the women: the pill and condoms. It takes two to tango: no jacket, no play.
May 20, 2012, 3:02am   #9
only once you live
Who was the VS woman?

ETA: NVM. They made it sound like it was some VS model. Damn DM.
May 20, 2012, 6:47am   #10
I believe a vasectomy is in order ASAP.
May 20, 2012, 11:00pm   #11
I Bleed Orange
11 moms/30 kids... who was dumb enough to keep having sex (and kids) with him?!?!
May 21, 2012, 2:18am   #12
Originally Posted by IBleedOrange
11 moms/30 kids... who was dumb enough to keep having sex (and kids) with him?!?!
Not only that but imagine all the nasties he and all those women could/do have by doing the nasty!!!
May 21, 2012, 5:11am   #13
Easily Distracted!
Originally Posted by IBleedOrange
Not just that, who are these stupid women to have more than one child with him!!
May 21, 2012, 6:25am   #14
My baby, Bellis
Oh boo hoo. Maybe he should add the word "condom" to his vocabulary since he obviously found the 11 dumbest women in the world to sleep with.
May 21, 2012, 7:21am   #15
Surprise!
This is not actually all that uncommon. I've seen 16 children/14 moms, 8 children/8 moms, etc...our tax dollars have to go somewhere, right?
POST A REPLY
  HOME The Playground Up to the Minute...