Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

Kids bully and verbally abuse woman on bus. Video goes viral.

POST A REPLY

Jun 21, 2012, 2:09pm   #16
Sternchen
Originally Posted by jennyx0
I can't watch this video, I'll bawl. Such nasty brats. I read on another article that one of the boys harassing her is actually being harassed now. I can't say I feel sorry for him.

They raised over 200k!
I don't feel sorry for him either. I hope he realizes how much it HURTS to be teased (no matter your age!) and that he is TRULY sorry for his actions. I hope all of them are truly sorry and will think of some way to show this to Ms. Kathy.
Jun 21, 2012, 3:44pm   #17
miss alice
Dogs Rule!!
i cant watch the video....this is so shameful and disturbing what these kids did, absolutely outrageous and downright evil and malicious, they need to be all punished!!!!
Jun 21, 2012, 4:10pm   #18
DC-Cutie
Originally Posted by jennyx0
I can't watch this video, I'll bawl. Such nasty brats. I read on another article that one of the boys harassing her is actually being harassed now. I can't say I feel sorry for him.

They raised over 200k!
so now he's getting a taste of his own medicine.

$200K!! Wow, that's great. Hopefully, she takes a nice long vacation and doesn't return to those little monsters.
Jun 21, 2012, 4:18pm   #19
caitlin1214
Nasty Bish
Her vacation fund is up to $300,330 now.

With what this sweet lady had to put up with, she deserves every penny.
Jun 21, 2012, 4:30pm   #20
DC-Cutie
she was on the Today Show and said that she's either deaf or hard of hearing (can't remember) in one ear..
Jun 21, 2012, 9:19pm   #21
meluvs2shop
In Love
Originally Posted by caitlin1214
Her vacation fund is up to $300,330 now.

With what this sweet lady had to put up with, she deserves every penny.
She deserves every penny and then some. I hope I raise a daughter that is more empathetic than those kids! I was angry watching that video! I became even more enraged each time they touched her! What's the matter with them!
Jun 21, 2012, 11:17pm   #22
Jadeite
Mental Discipline
Awful. How were these kids raised? Poor upbringing, the parents need to take responsibility for this as well. Why has the world come to this.
Jun 21, 2012, 11:32pm   #23
Sternchen
Originally Posted by DC-Cutie
she was on the Today Show and said that she's either deaf or hard of hearing (can't remember) in one ear..
She said she wears hearing aids (not so uncommon for people her age) and that she was also teased for those too
Jun 22, 2012, 1:56am   #24
TokyoBound
Singing the Sorrow
I just can't even put into words how distraught I feel for Karen Klein and how outraged I am at both the kids and their parents. The vile things they said to her make me want to vomit.

From what I've read, most of the parents are pulling the "well he was only 13 so he didn't know what he was doing" excuse. I think the parents should donate generously to Karen's vacation/retirement fund, and make their kids work their a**es off to repay them. And take away all their "toys" - donate the video games, ipads, computers and TVs to charity, and leave them with just a bed and whatever they need to do their homework.
Jun 22, 2012, 3:38am   #25
d
doreenjoy
zzz
Originally Posted by TokyoBound
From what I've read, most of the parents are pulling the "well he was only 13 so he didn't know what he was doing" excuse.
Those kids are plenty old enough to know right from wrong.

No surprise the parents are making excuses considering the kids they've raised.
Jun 22, 2012, 4:02am   #26
Sternchen
Originally Posted by TokyoBound
I just can't even put into words how distraught I feel for Karen Klein and how outraged I am at both the kids and their parents. The vile things they said to her make me want to vomit.

From what I've read, most of the parents are pulling the "well he was only 13 so he didn't know what he was doing" excuse. I think the parents should donate generously to Karen's vacation/retirement fund, and make their kids work their a**es off to repay them. And take away all their "toys" - donate the video games, ipads, computers and TVs to charity, and leave them with just a bed and whatever they need to do their homework.
At 13 years of age you know exactly what you are doing and what you are saying in situations like this!! I would feel so ashamed that my children even use those types of WORDS, let alone try to hurt someone on purpose.

Seriously, the first thing that popped in my mind while I was thinking about what I'd to do my kids was "give them away". Although it sounds extreme that is something that'd likely scare the sh*t out of them and straighten them up real quick. ....just like dads used to drag their kids to their recruiters office when they messed up

But yes, I'd take EVERYTHING away from them so they realize how good they had it. Then they will see what it will be like to be (materially) poor.
Jun 22, 2012, 6:48am   #27
SongbirdDiva
I couldn't even watch the whole video out of disgust!!! These kids are disgusting and should be disciplined privately and publicly!!!! In addition to their punishment, they should be forced to do community service in a retirement home, suicide prevention center, or morgue! If they are bold enough and callus enough to even mention anything about suicide to her, then they should be bold enough to see what happens to people that commit suicide and the devastation it leaves for the family left behind.

I just can't fathom what could have gotten into their minds to even think of bullying an adult!!!! I don't know how she kept so calm through the tears. I would have flipped my lid!!!! Then again it would have been establish from day one that I am not the one to play with. I like children (don't have any yet), but one thing that I just can not stomach is a disrespectful child!!!! I would have had to go Madea on their a**.

I am so glad that so many people have come out to show her support. When I saw the fund it was one $400k. I hope she takes it and enjoys many years of retirement. Only God knows how many years she has had to put up with this bs.
Jun 22, 2012, 11:01am   #28
jennyx0
Three of the boys have issued statements of apology to her.

Quote:
"I feel really bad about what I did," Wesley, one of the boys in the video, said in a statement issued to the show by police. "I wish I had never done those things. If that had happened to someone in my family, like my mother or grandmother, I would be really mad at the people who did that to them."

"I am so sorry for the way I treated you," Josh, another one of the boys, said in a statement. "When I saw the video I was disgusted and could not believe I did that. I am sorry for being so mean and I will never treat anyone this way again."
via huffington post.

The boys and their family are getting death threats now...

Quote:
According to CBS News, the boys in the video, and their families, have received death threats.

The mother of "Wesley" also issued a statement to Anderson Cooper 360, which reads in part: "I cannot even tell you how badly I feel. I am deeply sorry for what my son did. … I am embarrassed, angry and sad about the awful way he treated you."
via People.com
Jun 22, 2012, 11:42am   #29
SunglassLove
Troublemaker!
I'm sure everyone is going to hate me for saying this... but isn't it her JOB to STOP kids from acting like this - not sit there and cry, even acknowledge their questions about where she lives, etc.?

I'm sorry, it does suck to be at the hands of a merciless 13 year old kid with a foul mouth... but she was the authority in the situation and she failed to act on it. If you can't do that, you don't belong in the position of "bus monitor." What the heck would she have done if something bad really did happen between children on the bus, not just them taunting her??

Giving her 480k for retirement to me, is insane. Donate it to a charity for bullying.
Jun 22, 2012, 12:39pm   #30
d
doreenjoy
zzz
Originally Posted by SunglassLove
I'm sure everyone is going to hate me for saying this... but isn't it her JOB to STOP kids from acting like this
so the kids aren't responsible for their behavior?
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >