Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

"Hot mugshot" felon scores modeling agent

POST A REPLY

Jul 3, 2014, 12:15pm   #1
bag-mania
The felon whose mugshot got over 100,000 likes on Facebook and scores of women gushing over him now has a potential modeling career if he ever gets out of jail. This has got to be a symptom of what is wrong with society today.

Quote:

'Handsome' felon's mugshot scores agent, possible modeling contracts

The man whose Stockton police mug shot went viral, earning him a moniker as the "handsome felon," could have a lucrative future waiting for him after his latest legal woes are over.
trbimg.com/img-53a8fdb7/turbine/la-me-0624-banks-handsome-felon-20140624/250/16x9

Jeremy Meeks, 30, has joined the ranks of "Teen Mom" star Farrah Abraham, Donald Sterling's former companion V. Stiviano and "Octomom" Nadya Suleman as clients represented by Hollywood agent Gina Rodriguez, who told ABC News she thinks the man known as "handsome felon" can use those good looks to earn between $3,000 and $100,000 a month as a model.

"Jeremy has an amazing look and has received international attention, which I feel can only help him flourish in the entertainment industry," Rodriguez told ABC.

Meeks was charged last month with illegally possessing a firearm, as well as other gun- and gang-related charges. He was also accused of violating his parole, prosecutors said.

But his arrest turned out to have unintended consequences after his booking photo was posted on the Stockton Police Department's Facebook page, attracting worldwide media attention.

Not long after his photo went up on the site, someone created a fan page on Facebook for Meeks, which received tens of thousands of "likes" and hundreds of comments from people all over the world swooning over his chiseled looks and piercing eyes.

"I believe this can be a positive change for Jeremy and his family," Rodriguez said.
Meeks, however, remains in custody in lieu of $1.1-million bail.

His mother has started a gofundme site to help fund his legal defense, claiming on the site that Meeks' tattoos -- such as a “crip” on his right forearm and a teardrop under his left eye -- have led to negative stereotypes.

For his part, Meeks said he's done things in his past that he should not have, but that he's not a hardened criminal.

“I just want them to know that this is really not like me, I’m not some kingpin,” he said in an interview with KXTV in Sacramento.

He told the news station that he spent years in prison for grand theft and that the teardrop tattoo on his cheekbone was for doing some things in his past that he is not proud of.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...702-story.html
Jul 3, 2014, 12:22pm   #2
S
Solemony
It's things like this that made me feel abhorred and repulsed by our current society.
Jul 3, 2014, 1:00pm   #3
ArmCandyLuvr
Originally Posted by Solemony
It's things like this that made me feel abhorred and repulsed by our current society.
Couldn't have said it better.
Jul 3, 2014, 1:02pm   #4
ArmCandyLuvr
Submitted without comment.
Attached Images

Jul 3, 2014, 4:55pm   #5
Luvbolide
Originally Posted by ArmCandyLuvr
Submitted without comment.

Woah, a whole new perspective!
Jul 3, 2014, 5:47pm   #6
Echoes
NoWhere Atoll
Originally Posted by ArmCandyLuvr
Couldn't have said it better.
I have no problem with people getting a second chance to do something more positive. If they take that chance and screw up again, that's a different matter.
Jul 3, 2014, 6:14pm   #7
Luvbolide
I also believe in second chances...but with a nail of over a million dollars, I can't help but feel that he has already had several chances.
Jul 4, 2014, 11:10am   #8
Swanky Mama Of Three
Second chances, schmecond chances. . .

Jeremy’s 2002 crime is downright chilling. Jeremy “was charged in 2002 with robbery and corporal injury to a child,” according to TMZ. “He allegedly jumped a 16-year-old and beat him to a pulp.” After making a plea deal, the report states that Jeremy was sentenced to a two-year stint in a California prison. During this time, Jeremy admitted that he was affiliated with a gang — he was a Northside Gangster Crip.

Jeremy Meeks If I Can't Dress Like A Model ... You Can't Take My Photo

7/3/2014 10:05 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

EXCLUSIVE

Jeremy Meeks is NOT ready for his closeup -- Dreamy McMug wants to BAN all cameras from his court hearing ... since the judge is forcing him to dress like a common criminal.

Meeks' attorney will file a motion this morning to prevent the media from taking ANY photographs or video of the hearing set for next week.

It's kind of a last ditch effort -- as TMZ first reported ... the judge already shot down Meeks' request to wear custom-fitted clothes to court instead of his orange jumpsuit and shackles.

The docs are hilarious ... the lawyer says Meeks' mug shot has been shown by tens of thousands of media outlets, and has "become woven in the fabric of pop culture."

His point -- there's now so much media interest in Meeks -- who's facing weapons charges -- that if he's seen in jail duds, it will make him look guilty and hurt his chances of getting an unbiased jury.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/page/2/#ixzz36Vr5bioH
Jul 4, 2014, 12:22pm   #9
ArmCandyLuvr
Originally Posted by Swanky Mama Of Three
Second chances, schmecond chances. . .

Jeremy’s 2002 crime is downright chilling. Jeremy “was charged in 2002 with robbery and corporal injury to a child,” according to TMZ. “He allegedly jumped a 16-year-old and beat him to a pulp.” After making a plea deal, the report states that Jeremy was sentenced to a two-year stint in a California prison. During this time, Jeremy admitted that he was affiliated with a gang — he was a Northside Gangster Crip.

t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQIImDx7hvSvDMHvCPWsk1b8koZhlgzI zN5btNpJ6LSqWgvP7tY

Jeremy Meeks If I Can't Dress Like A Model ... You Can't Take My Photo

7/3/2014 10:05 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

EXCLUSIVE
ll-media.tmz.com/2014/06/19/0619-hot-dude-mug-shot-2.jpg
Jeremy Meeks is NOT ready for his closeup -- Dreamy McMug wants to BAN all cameras from his court hearing ... since the judge is forcing him to dress like a common criminal.

Meeks' attorney will file a motion this morning to prevent the media from taking ANY photographs or video of the hearing set for next week.

It's kind of a last ditch effort -- as TMZ first reported ... the judge already shot down Meeks' request to wear custom-fitted clothes to court instead of his orange jumpsuit and shackles.

The docs are hilarious ... the lawyer says Meeks' mug shot has been shown by tens of thousands of media outlets, and has "become woven in the fabric of pop culture."

His point -- there's now so much media interest in Meeks -- who's facing weapons charges -- that if he's seen in jail duds, it will make him look guilty and hurt his chances of getting an unbiased jury.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/page/2/#ixzz36Vr5bioH
I am playing the world's smallest violin.
Jul 4, 2014, 12:27pm   #10
S
Solemony
Originally Posted by Echoes
I have no problem with people getting a second chance to do something more positive. If they take that chance and screw up again, that's a different matter.

I do agree on second chances as well (though depends on the scenario if he was some murderer or something) but consider this is not his first offense (Swanky's post), all bets are off.
Jul 4, 2014, 1:09pm   #11
V0N1B2
Armchair Supermodel
I do agree on second chances as well (though depends on the scenario if he was some murderer or something) but consider this is not his first offense (Swanky's post), all bets are off.
To be (somewhat) fair, he was 18 at the time. They make it sound like a grown adult man beat up a child. He was two years older than his victim. I would think this kind of thing is extremely common in the gang world - not that I'm justifying it.
Other than that, I have no comment.
Jul 4, 2014, 3:26pm   #12
limom
Come on, now.
That man is fine.
Can he model from prison?
If yes, why not let him learn a way to get out of the gangs?
Jul 4, 2014, 4:04pm   #13
Swanky Mama Of Three
He took a good pic, his trashy a$$ isn't "fine". lol!!
Jul 4, 2014, 4:57pm   #14
bag-mania
He did absolutely nothing to deserve the fame, attention, and moneymaking opportunities that are being heaped upon him. He was born looking the way he does and he took a great picture that day. In truth it is the photographer who deserves the real credit for taking a spectacular photo!

So many women have posted fan messages going on and on about how gorgeous he is and how much they want him. He's a criminal, but since he's good-looking we should cut him some slack and give him a chance. It's nuts!

From a cultural standpoint, this story shows how a handsome man can have his crimes (and faults) overlooked in ways his uglier counterparts cannot. But I guess we already knew that.
Jul 4, 2014, 5:46pm   #15
lizmil
Originally Posted by bag-mania
He did absolutely nothing to deserve the fame, attention, and moneymaking opportunities that are being heaped upon him. He was born looking the way he does and he took a great picture that day. In truth it is the photographer who deserves the real credit for taking a spectacular photo!

So many women have posted fan messages going on and on about how gorgeous he is and how much they want him. He's a criminal, but since he's good-looking we should cut him some slack and give him a chance. It's nuts!

From a cultural standpoint, this story shows how a handsome man can have his crimes (and faults) overlooked in ways his uglier counterparts cannot. But I guess we already knew that.
I get your point, so why do the kardashians have fame?
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >