POST A REPLY

Mar 1, 2014, 7:08pm   #1
C
Hi ladies.. So here's a little situation and I only find this place comfortable to discuss in detail.

So I have a 3n half year old boy whome I conceived within the first month of trying. Had a miscarriage before my first child which again I got pregnant by only trying 2 times..!!

Now we are ready to have our second child . We have been TTC for the last 5-6 months and nothing..!!!
In feb we tried 5 times during my ovulation. Checked yesterday and nothing..:( my periods were on the 6th. We tried on 14, 17, 19, 21, 23.

Am I checking it too soon?

Has anyone had the issue conceiving the second child?

Any info will be helpful and thank you everyone.
Mar 1, 2014, 8:29pm   #2
I had 2 miscarriages after my daughter and tried to conceive again for 2 years after my last loss with no luck. I finally gave up cancelled my doctors appointments, stopped taking my vitamins and watching my cycle. I had come to a point where I was content with just having my daughter, guess what a month later I was pregnant. It's true when people tell you to just let it happen stop watching your cycle and enjoy having sex again. It will happen once the stress is off
Mar 1, 2014, 10:12pm   #3
LV Lover
i have a 3 1/2 year old daughter and she was concieved on the 1st try, now we are trying for the 2nd and its been 2 months and still nothing ... so i understand how you are feeling ... i just assumed because we conceieved our daugther in the 1st try that this time it would be the same ... and nope .. we have been trying since jan of this year ... and each month i am dissappointed ... i have been doing everything right ... but i feel because we are putting soo much pressure on getting pregnant that it just isnt happening ..

good luck to you and everyone who is trying xx
Mar 1, 2014, 11:22pm   #4
Are you using ovulation kits so you know for sure when you are ovulating? Sometimes people either don't ovulate every month or ovulate early or late in the cycle. In my case, I wondered what was taking us so long TTC with my second child, but as soon as DH stopped using (older and very hot) laptop directly on his lap we were successful, so consider your DH's habits, too. Good luck!
Mar 2, 2014, 1:02am   #5
I don't how true it is but there is a field of research that suggests increased fertility immediately after miscarriage.

A friend of mine had her boy without issue and was then diagnosed with unexplained fertility after trying for years to have a second. I think the expectation is that if you have one child quickly and without issue then it will be the same again when there are so many different contributing factors to falling pregnant.

You have received some good advice to stop stressing and, perhaps, try the ovulation kits to confirm you are ovulating when you think you are.
Mar 2, 2014, 3:15am   #6
I had the same problem--easy conception for the first child and when we were ready for a 2nd, I had a couple miscarriages and then nothing for a few years. The doctor says it's not uncommon and called it secondary infertility. They discovered I wasn't ovulating every month; took a low dose of Clomid and conceived within 7 months and had a healthy son.

Good luck. People who haven't experienced it cannot understand the sadness of infertility. Has your ob/gyn checked for any other possible causes?
Mar 2, 2014, 10:03pm   #7
C
Thank you everyone for replying .. I think I'm stressing too much about this. I was just so sure that I will conceive quickly like the fist time.. I totally agree with all of you that I just need to relax :)
POST A REPLY
  HOME Body - Mind - Wellness Pregnancy & Parenting Trying To Conceive (TTC)