POST A REPLY

Jan 3, 2013, 12:02pm   #1
Ok, so this may be weird but last month I got the flu that was going around and this month I caught a cold. What I noticed is that I got sick both times exactly during my ovulation window. I'm normally pretty healthy and granted it is cold/flu season but I found it weird enough to google..

Apparently there is a correlation between ovulating and a weakened immune system. I had no idea. I guess as certain hormone levels rise during ovulation, your immune system is weaker which helps the female body to conceive.

It could just be a coincidence for me but reading this made me feel like I wasn't crazy.
Jan 3, 2013, 7:02pm   #2
Not a coincidence at all!

Last month, I got a sinus infection (which I later found out to be during my ovulation period). I did have a miscarriage about three weeks ago and I thought I might be ovulating yesterday or today because of CM (TMI, sorry) and I got sick starting yesterday with a cold. And now that you have posted this I am even more convinced that I have or am ovulating.
Jan 3, 2013, 7:15pm   #3
I'm sometimes a mess during ovulation and I have gotten cold symptoms before. Our bodies are fascinating hey?!
Jan 3, 2013, 7:27pm   #4
My co-workers were teasing me today about "always being sick".. and I wanted say "No! It's just because I'm ovulating!" LOL I can't say that though because then people would really think I'm crazy.

Our bodies really are fascinating once we start paying attention to the signs. So much makes sense.
Jan 3, 2013, 7:28pm   #5
Originally Posted by carvedwords
Not a coincidence at all!

Last month, I got a sinus infection (which I later found out to be during my ovulation period). I did have a miscarriage about three weeks ago and I thought I might be ovulating yesterday or today because of CM (TMI, sorry) and I got sick starting yesterday with a cold. And now that you have posted this I am even more convinced that I have or am ovulating.

So sorry. Hoping this new year brings better luck and less sickness.
Jan 3, 2013, 9:08pm   #6
Originally Posted by littlerock

So sorry. Hoping this new year brings better luck and less sickness.
thank you!! I'm hopeful that signs are pointing to ovulation already. Good luck to you as we'll and thanks for starting this tread. It made me happy that I may already be going in the right direction.
Jan 7, 2013, 11:28pm   #7
b
So I assume "feeling sick" during ovulation window is a good sign?
Apr 21, 2014, 6:08am   #8
Originally Posted by littlerock
Ok, so this may be weird but last month I got the flu that was going around and this month I caught a cold. What I noticed is that I got sick both times exactly during my ovulation window. I'm normally pretty healthy and granted it is cold/flu season but I found it weird enough to google..

Apparently there is a correlation between ovulating and a weakened immune system. I had no idea. I guess as certain hormone levels rise during ovulation, your immune system is weaker which helps the female body to conceive.

It could just be a coincidence for me but reading this made me feel like I wasn't crazy.
Bumping this because its just started happening to me. Getting a cold or a bit "fluey" around ovulation.
POST A REPLY
  HOME Body - Mind - Wellness Pregnancy & Parenting Trying To Conceive (TTC)