Home > > >

Things to eat or do to have a higher chance for a certain gender

POST A REPLY

May 7, 2013, 1:35am   #1
Jaanoo
LV Lover
i tried searching for this topic here but no luck...

i was just wondering are there certain things to do or eat that will help the chances of having a boy or a girl ...

i have read that eating red meat helps in having a boy .. dont know how true that is .. also having more alkaine foods helps for a boy ...

anymore ideas or thoughts will be helpful ...
May 7, 2013, 1:53am   #2
coutureinatl
If you google girl or boy sway diet you can find a lot of info. Also look up Shettles method.
May 7, 2013, 2:35am   #3
hermes_lemming
my little etoupe
Google xx and xy chromosome.

There is no way to scientifically increase your chances for either gender.
May 7, 2013, 3:18am   #4
Jaanoo
LV Lover
Originally Posted by coutureinatl
If you google girl or boy sway diet you can find a lot of info. Also look up Shettles method.

thanks i checked up on this method ... and mostly whatever i have read talks about the same thing ...
May 7, 2013, 8:34am   #5
sweetlilwolf
Hoooooooowl
There isnt a food to eat its all about where the egg (X chromosome) is in your body when you decide to have sex,

XX Chromosome = Female
XY Chromosome = Male

Female (X Chromosome) sperm last longer but swim longer
Males(Y chromosome) swim faster but die quickly

in other words if you just ovulated and your egg is still pretty high up, chances are higher youll have a girl because the male(Y) sperm will die off and the females (X) keep truckin along... If you egg is lower in your track chances are higher your have a male (Y), but the male sperm (Y) swim faster than females...

The only way to really know the gender is to have the sperm spun to separate X & Y, and have them just put in whatever gender you want... kinda takes the romance out of it...
May 7, 2013, 1:51pm   #6
AECornell
Mrs. Lawson <3
Originally Posted by sweetlilwolf
There isnt a food to eat its all about where the egg (X chromosome) is in your body when you decide to have sex,

XX Chromosome = Female
XY Chromosome = Male

Female (X Chromosome) sperm last longer but swim longer
Males(Y chromosome) swim faster but die quickly

in other words if you just ovulated and your egg is still pretty high up, chances are higher youll have a girl because the male(Y) sperm will die off and the females (X) keep truckin along... If you egg is lower in your track chances are higher your have a male (Y), but the male sperm (Y) swim faster than females...

The only way to really know the gender is to have the sperm spun to separate X & Y, and have them just put in whatever gender you want... kinda takes the romance out of it...
I believe this is only done for IVF patients. I'm not sure if a normal person with no conception issues can just walk in and have it done.
May 7, 2013, 2:00pm   #7
sweetlilwolf
Hoooooooowl
Originally Posted by AECornell
I believe this is only done for IVF patients. I'm not sure if a normal person with no conception issues can just walk in and have it done.
Right i know that. I dont know her circumstances. i was just stating that there is a way to single out whatever chromosome your looking for.
May 7, 2013, 8:20pm   #8
MarneeB
~One Day At A Time~
I'm pretty sure eating certain things to 'fix' the sex of your baby is an old wives' tale. I mean, if it really worked wouldn't everyone be choosing?
May 8, 2013, 12:16am   #9
Jaanoo
LV Lover
i know there is a 50/50 chance of either gender .. i was just asking as i have read alot of stuff on the net stating .. by eating certain foods and certain sex positions helps the chances of either one ... at the end of the day its only in the hands of God ..
May 8, 2013, 11:50pm   #10
twinkle.tink
Choose to be happy
There is some chemistry involve. Something about the acid balance, sorry it has been a long time since I did this research. It has been proven that couples with two babies of the same sex have significantly better odds have having a third of the same sex, which of course flies in the face of probability. And it lowers with each child of the same sex. This is was the science behind the logic of the Shettles method, alter your PH and you might make a difference.With the information and OTC supplements, cleanses etc all to help help you adjust your PH you might give it a whirl...but honestly, it probably won't help.

There are also certain positions that can increase the chances of one sex over another, again to aid fast swimmers or slow swimmers. The problem with that is some of the suggestions there, especially if trying for a girl, could impede your chances of conceiving...so again, read up on all sides :)

Lastly, older men do have more girls....although I don't recall if that is just statistically or if I read a scientific reason for it.

For me I do think there is something to the PH thing, as I had three boys...then I significantly changed my diet when I became a sahm and then I had a girl. So, maybe :)
May 9, 2013, 12:15am   #11
Jaanoo
LV Lover
ya ... i read about the Ph levels ... acidic for a girl and alkaline for a boy ..

twinle when u changed ur diet ... for how long did u change ur diet and then try for a baby ?
May 9, 2013, 1:04am   #12
twinkle.tink
Choose to be happy
Originally Posted by Jaanoo
ya ... i read about the Ph levels ... acidic for a girl and alkaline for a boy ..

twinle when u changed ur diet ... for how long did u change ur diet and then try for a baby ?

We weren't trying But about a year.
May 9, 2013, 1:11am   #13
Jaanoo
LV Lover
Originally Posted by twinkle.tink
We weren't trying But about a year.
thanks .. changing the diet seems like a good idea ..
May 9, 2013, 5:29am   #14
kellynt
I think food is also one of the factor that determine your baby gender

I have 3 boys. I love red meat and all my life i eat red meat more than any other meat. I dont eat much veggies either. I know it is not healthy to eat that way but i just cant get myself to change my diet.
May 9, 2013, 5:00pm   #15
B
Bratty1919
Originally Posted by MarneeB
I'm pretty sure eating certain things to 'fix' the sex of your baby is an old wives' tale. I mean, if it really worked wouldn't everyone be choosing?
Yep!
POST A REPLY
  HOME > > >