Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
POST A REPLY

Jan 11, 2008, 3:07pm   #31
Swanky Mama Of Three
^
Answers are GREAT! Even if it's not news you're expecting, sometimes just KNOWING means all the difference.
You'll be great - it'll clear out those cobwebs!
Jan 15, 2008, 1:28pm   #32
tabbyco
Shh....
I chickened out... I canceled my HSG test. I'm going to wait a little longer. $700 is alot to spend on a test right now.
Jan 15, 2008, 3:40pm   #33
V
VT Pooh
Tabbyco,

It is ok to "chicken" out. Maybe it will be some good news this month.
Jan 31, 2008, 9:16pm   #34
dizizit
Im having this test next week! HELP!

The doctor's office (radiology ofc actually) told me to do a warm water enema the day of the test..

Arghhh....what the heck....Ive never done an enema...can somebody talk me through it? Like what do I need for this "warm water enema"???
Jan 31, 2008, 9:19pm   #35
dizizit
Originally Posted by tabbyco
This is beejerry's post:

OK, this is my HSG test report as promised.

First, I had to take antibiotics the night before and the morning after. Also pain killers of up to 600 mg, separated into 3 doses.

I went in for my appointment at Kaiser, registered at the front desk and within 1 minute my name was called! I was expecting to wait at least 15 minutes.

Took off my clothings down there like you do at an Ob-gyn exam, no need to go into those details, you all know! Laid down on a bed with the x-ray machine over me. Then a little cold, metal was inserted down there. The Dr did the x-ray for me. When the machine was over my lower body the nurse inserted a tube with liquid/the dye.

It HURT! I felt like a pin cushion down there when the liquid passed inside The nurse had to insert some more dye since they wanted to get a clear picture. I screamed. I know I'm a cry-baby...

I'd to roll over to both side to take more pictures. The pain lasted very short, about a minute. Then I went to dress and there was of course discharge.

The whole process was less than 15 minutes. And the cramp/pain was short, I felt better within 30 minutes. Went home and took a NAP for an hour. I used it as an excuse for not cooking dinner last night

Here is something the nurse told me: do not BD while there is still discharge, but free to start when the discharge has been cleared. So I'm up and running in a couple of days

Alright, I am still alive and no more cramps.

hmmm, they inserted a metal down in your vajayjay??? now i'm SCARED
Feb 1, 2008, 10:55am   #36
tabbyco
Shh....
I got some instructions for the test before I canceled and they didn't say anything about a warm water enema... sorry I can't help.
Feb 3, 2008, 1:13pm   #37
dizizit
tabby,

what are your instructions if you dont mind me asking?
Feb 3, 2008, 1:54pm   #38
tabbyco
Shh....
The only istruction I was given was schedule the test between day 7-10 of my cycle. Take a pain medication prior to the test (Motrin was suggessted). Have someone available to take you home.

That's it....
Feb 3, 2008, 2:47pm   #39
dizizit
tnx
Mar 11, 2008, 12:31pm   #40
tabbyco
Shh....
Originally Posted by tabbyco
I chickened out... I canceled my HSG test.
Not chickening out this time!! HSG on Friday.

Directions from doc: take antibotic 24 hours before procedure and 800 mg of ibprofen 1 hour prior to procedure.

I have had 4 friends get pregnant the month after they had an HSG... hopefully I am the 5th!!
Mar 11, 2008, 12:32pm   #41
tabbyco
Shh....
Originally Posted by dizizit
tnx
How did it go?
Mar 11, 2008, 8:19pm   #42
V
VT Pooh
Tabbyco,

Good Luck! Let us know how it goes.

VT Pooh
Mar 11, 2008, 9:12pm   #43
mssmelanie
Good Luck! Definitely don't forget the Motrin!
Mar 12, 2008, 12:29pm   #44
pinkdot
on cloud 9
Good Luck Tabby
how long do you have to wait until you do a HSG test?
Mar 12, 2008, 12:45pm   #45
cascratchfever
Originally Posted by handbag-ho
My insurance paid for it in full. I had United Healthcare which is probably the best insurance out there IMO.
We must have very different United Healthcare plans! Mine covers nothing fertility related plus my deductable is $3000 and after I meet that, I still have to pay 10% of everything. Probably the worst insurance I've ever had :(
POST A REPLY
  HOME > > >