Up to 50% Off Big Brown Bag Sale

ASOS

Black Friday 30% Off With Code: TGIBF
Home > > >

Mass shooting after Batman midnight showing in colorado

POST A REPLY

Jul 23, 2012, 3:26pm   #121
Sternchen
I watched the video of him in court a few minutes ago and I was furious.

His reactions were just nuts... I'm not sure if he was pretending, sedated or if he had flashes of "Oh sh*t, what did I do?", but ... oh man did he make me mad
Jul 23, 2012, 3:37pm   #122
Lady Chinadoll
He looked like he was faking a "out of it" detachment thing - I don't think he care's enough about what he did..and wants us to think he's "just nutts"
Jul 23, 2012, 3:43pm   #123
Lady Chinadoll
I don't know how the process works, but How would he get drugs in jail to be sedated? Aren't they frisked and put in a cell?
Jul 23, 2012, 3:44pm   #124
Echoes
NoWhere Atoll
Why would they be frisked if a Jail doctor is doing the sedation?
Jul 23, 2012, 3:44pm   #125
Vlad
Originally Posted by HauteMama
I agree in the sense that none of us know what we would do until confronted with a situation like that. But even if you can excuse him running away, and even if you can excuse him ditching the baby (how hard would it have been to tuck the baby under your arm and run?), getting into his car and driving away takes things to another level for me. A lot of people lose their heads and run when panic strikes, and I can't claim that I've been in a life-threatening situation so I can't say what I would do. I CAN say with complete confidence that once I got out of the theatre, into the parking lot, that I would not drive away and leave without my family. He wasn't in danger at that point, yet he still continued to run. That's why this guy generates such a visceral reaction of disgust for me. Lots of people ran or didn't know what to do. This guy ran far enough away to be safe himself and then continued on to take his family's only means of escape for himself and drive away.

Good point, the hopping in the car and driving away definitely is a resounding sign of selfishness on his part.
Jul 23, 2012, 3:50pm   #126
Lady Chinadoll
Quote:
Why would they be frisked if a Jail doctor is doing the sedation?
Don't know Echoes - like I mentioned I don't know how the procedure works.
Thought when people go to jail they get frisked and all their belonging taken away and secured. Didn't see that a jail doctor was doing the sedation.
Jul 23, 2012, 3:57pm   #127
Echoes
NoWhere Atoll
Nobody knows for sure and I'm sure the Jail won't say, but the speculation is that they put him under due to his erratic behavior.
Jul 23, 2012, 4:12pm   #128
Lady Chinadoll
^ that totally makes sense ...
Jul 23, 2012, 4:38pm   #129
bag-mania
After all the investigations and trials are done, I think it may end up being as simple as this guy wanted to be famous, nothing deeper than that. He took the precaution of wearing full body armor and he gave up as soon as the cops arrived, so he was not trying to commit suicide by cop. He wanted to live and see the result of his actions.

Since he seemed to admire fictional villains like the Joker, he took the twisted step of becoming a real-life villain whose name would become known by everyone. An egocentric personality who wanted to see how big an impact he could make on the world. It is scary that there are more like him out there who may or may not act on their impulses.
Jul 23, 2012, 4:45pm   #130
L etoile
tPF addict
His behavior in court seems contrived and inauthentic.
Jul 23, 2012, 5:05pm   #131
addisonshopper
Where your BOSS at ?
Originally Posted by bag-mania
After all the investigations and trials are done, I think it may end up being as simple as this guy wanted to be famous, nothing deeper than that. He took the precaution of wearing full body armor and he gave up as soon as the cops arrived, so he was not trying to commit suicide by cop. He wanted to live and see the result of his actions.

Since he seemed to admire fictional villains like the Joker, he took the twisted step of becoming a real-life villain whose name would become known by everyone. An egocentric personality who wanted to see how big an impact he could make on the world. It is scary that there are more like him out there who may or may not act on their impulses.
Yes ma'am. Come on.
That's it and that's all.
Jul 23, 2012, 5:06pm   #132
dell
Lovin My Little Girl

As much as this whole situation has impacted my family and friends, and I really hate all of the "well maybe he_______" this post seems right on!!
Jul 23, 2012, 5:09pm   #133
caitlin1214
Nasty Bish
Pretty screwed up way to get famous.
Jul 23, 2012, 5:59pm   #134
caitlin1214
Nasty Bish
In a situation like that you'd like to think you'd be there to bodily shield someone you love to protect them.

But for some reason, you might end up separated from them.

If you become separated from them, wouldn't you want to reconnect with them to make sure they're safe?

Why would someone drive away without having any idea where the other person was or even whether or not they were okay?
Jul 23, 2012, 6:16pm   #135
Vlad

Well put.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > > >