Home The Playground Up to the Minute... True Crime Stories

Mass shooting after Batman midnight showing in colorado

POST A REPLY

Jul 21, 2012, 4:39am   #46
Just like 911has forever changed air travel, this will forever change movie-going :(
Jul 21, 2012, 4:47am   #47
Mrs. KarraAnn!
Originally Posted by ellief
Just like 911has forever changed air travel, this will forever change movie-going :(
Yup...AMC will no longer allow costumes and face coverings at their theaters. Such a shame....I admire the fact that AMC is changing their policies for the safety of the general public, it's just shame that they have to.

http://www.mercurynews.com/nation-wo...ing?refresh=no
Jul 21, 2012, 7:09am   #48
NoWhere Atoll
Originally Posted by Vlad
I guess we all have to fear more now for domestic terrorism more than anything else.
Always have, going back to at least the 60's and the anti-war protest bombings of recruiting and draft offices, through the bombings of abortion clinics and firebombings of churches, multiple school and workplace shootings, aircraft hijackings, Oklahoma City and so many others. Of the hundreds of events in the last 50 years, I can only think of one that had foreign ties.

Originally Posted by KarraAnn
Yup...AMC will no longer allow costumes and face coverings at their theaters.
I haven't read any reports that he came in wearing any kind of costume. From all I've read, he was wearing normal street clothes when he bought the ticket and enter through the main doors. He then went out a back door, suited up, returned and began immediately.
Jul 21, 2012, 8:05am   #49
Originally Posted by Echoes
I haven't read any reports that he came in wearing any kind of costume. From all I've read, he was wearing normal street clothes when he bought the ticket and enter through the main doors. He then went out a back door, suited up, returned and began immediately.
That is what the news is saying around here. They are still investigating his apartment and his neighbors are still evacuated.
Jul 21, 2012, 8:38am   #50
Mrs. KarraAnn!

Always have, going back to at least the 60's and the anti-war protest bombings of recruiting and draft offices, through the bombings of abortion clinics and firebombings of churches, multiple school and workplace shootings, aircraft hijackings, Oklahoma City and so many others. Of the hundreds of events in the last 50 years, I can only think of one that had foreign ties.

Yes, I'm assuming all his gear was packed in a backpack, he changed after he got in. I just posted what AMC was doing.
Jul 21, 2012, 9:06am   #51
n
:(
Jul 21, 2012, 10:16am   #52
J
CNN had an interview with an expert defense attorney (Mesereau). He speculated that they might try an insanity defense, that the guy will be studied and may be delusional. They might try to get him committed to a mental institution.

Stories are popping up that compare the activities to the 2008 Dark Knight movie. There are comparisons to the Joker (Heath Ledger role). I think I also heard on TV news that growing up, he favored the villians in the Batman movies as opposed to the hero. Others are discrediting the idea that it is related to the movies.

We'll see what happens with the apartment.
Jul 21, 2012, 11:17am   #53
^Pfft, people like to blame the 'media' or 'violence in movies' for this type of stuff but that has NOTHING to do with it. Millions of people watch violent movies, play violent video games and don't go out on a killing spree. This guy obviously has issues that go way past the surface.
Jul 21, 2012, 11:19am   #54
~Libra Baby~

"In the U.S., at least 50 Islamist-inspired terror attacks have been thwarted since 9/11." The CIA, FBI & local law enforcement have thwarted numerous plots we never hear about.

http://www.thecuttingedgenews.com/in...ename=Analysis
Jul 21, 2012, 11:42am   #55
NoWhere Atoll
^^ I'm talking about events that actually happened, committed by people like Eric Robert Rudolph and the D.C. Snipers or groups like the Weather Underground
Jul 21, 2012, 12:25pm   #56
✿ Happy Tot ✿
My heart goes out to all of those involved in this senseless atrocity. It's so sad that these things are becoming so commonplace now.

As far as the insanity defense goes while I know people would find it easier to accept this guy was "crazy" the facts that have come out so far lead me to think this was a very intelligent and organized individual who planned and executed these attacks with a high level of control and planning.
Jul 21, 2012, 12:39pm   #57
Originally Posted by Michele26
"In the U.S., at least 50 Islamist-inspired terror attacks have been thwarted since 9/11." The CIA, FBI & local law enforcement have thwarted numerous plots we never hear about.

http://www.thecuttingedgenews.com/in...ename=Analysis
Honestly, it's REALLY easy to make up statistics like that.
Jul 21, 2012, 12:49pm   #58
Originally Posted by tatertot
My heart goes out to all of those involved in this senseless atrocity. It's so sad that these things are becoming so commonplace now.

As far as the insanity defense goes while I know people would find it easier to accept this guy was "crazy" the facts that have come out so far lead me to think this was a very intelligent and organized individual who planned and executed these attacks with a high level of control and planning.
You can still be intelligent and 'crazy.' There are tons of highly gifted people in history that suffered from mental illness.(Vincent Van Gogh, John Nash, Edgar Allen Poe, Beethoven, etc). Sometimes madness and genius go hand in hand.
Jul 21, 2012, 12:54pm   #59
~Libra Baby~
Originally Posted by fabae
Honestly, it's REALLY easy to make up statistics like that.
There are numerous reports on the net validating that article. Just surf the net for yourself and check.
Jul 21, 2012, 2:05pm   #60
Stomp & Chomp
The fact that he favored villians only illustrates what was already in his heart and that was evil. Movie characters didn't cause his behavior perhaps only validated his agenda in his mind. It could have been anything. You can't blame an outer source. His mind is twisted and would have gravitated towards anything he deemed fulfilling of whatever evil desire he has.
POST A REPLY
  HOME The Playground Up to the Minute... True Crime Stories