Home The Playground Up to the Minute... True Crime Stories

The Girl Who Went Through 44 Days of Torture Junko Furuta: Murderer to be released!

POST A REPLY

May 1, 2010, 5:25am   #1
i
Hi everyone,

I am studying abroad in Japan around when this "man" is to be released from prison. If you do not already know the awful story of Junko Furuta here is a summary of what four boys (along with other anonymous people who raped her) did to her -- supposedly nearly 100 people knew what was happening, and did nothing:

On 25 November 1988, four teenage boys abducted and held high school student Furuta captive in one of the boys' parents house for 44 days.
To forestall a manhunt, one of them forced Furuta into calling her own parents and telling them that she had run away from home, but was with "a friend" and was not in danger. He also browbeat her into posing as one of the boys' girlfriends when the parents of the house where she was held were around, but when it became clear that the parents would not call the police, he dropped this pretext. Furuta tried to escape several times, begging the parents more than once to help her, but they did nothing, apparently out of fear of being killed.

DAY 1: November 22, 1988: Kidnapped
Kept captive in house, and posed as one of boy's girlfriend
Raped (over 400 times in total)
Forced to call her parents and tell them she had run away
Starved and malnutritioned
Fed cockroaches to eat and urine to drink
Forced to masturbate
Forced to strip in front of others
Burned with cigarette lighters
Foreign objects inserted into her vagina/anus

DAY 11: December 1, 1988: Severely beat up countless times
Face held against concrete ground and jumped on
Hands tied to ceiling and body used as a punching bag
Nose filled with so much blood that she can only breath through her mouth
Dumbbells dropped onto her stomach
Vomited when tried to drink water (her stomach couldn't accept it)
Tried to escape and punished by cigarette burning on arms
Flammable liquid poured on her feet and legs, then lit on fire
Bottle inserted into her anus, causing injury

DAY 20: December10, 1989: Unable to walk properly due to severe leg burns
Beat with bamboo sticks
Fireworks inserted into anus and lit
Hands smashed by weights and fingernails cracked
Beaten with golf club
Cigarettes inserted into vagina
Beaten with iron rods repeatedly
Winter; forced outside to sleep in balcony
Skewers of grilled chicken inserted into her vagina and anus, causing bleeding

DAY 30: Hot wax dripped onto face
Eyelids burned by cigarette lighter
Stabbed with sewing needles in chest area
Left nipple cut and destroyed with pliers
Hot light bulb inserted into her vagina
Heavy bleeding from vagina due to scissors insertion
Unable to urinate properly
Injuries were so severe that it took over an hour for her to crawl downstairs and use the bathroom
Eardrums severely damaged
Extreme reduced brain size

DAY 40: Begged her torturers to "kill her and get it over with"

January 1, 1989: Junko greets the New Years Day alone
Body mutilated
Unable to move from the ground

DAY 44: January 4, 1989: After losing a game of majong, the four beat her with an iron barbell, poured lighter fluid on her legs, arms, face and stomach, and set her on fire.

She had been raped over an estimated 1000 times in total.

The boys were sentenced to only around 5-10 years prison sentence. They are now FREE. The leader Jo Kamisaku was released from prison in 1999, but was arrested again in 2004 for beating up a guy who supposedly was trying to steal his GIRLFRIEND (it makes me SICK anyone would date such a piece of sh*t!!!)
The beating lasted a few hours, and Kamisaku was sentenced to seven years in prison.

In 2011 he will have finished his term and will be free again. What him and the other "men" did to this girl makes me sick. I am disgusted that nobody in Japan was there waiting to get revenge on this sicko the first time he was released. I want to get revenge on this creep...maybe gather a large group of people to attack him?!
The other three suspects are all free -- they changed their names and live in Tokyo now...one just got MARRIED and had a kid!!!
Does anyone here have any ideas on how to get revenge? Even just being able to get their photos and post them all over Tokyo as a reminder to the public of what they did would be nice.
May 1, 2010, 8:31am   #2
Lets Tweet :/bb10lue
Teen murders again....what do we do with them?this debate will never end. I seriously believe sometimes teen crimes are worse than adults. It doesn't matter that they are underage or their frontal lobes not fully developed or have no proper decision-making capacity, MURDER is MURDER!! If they don't get death penalty, at least "LIFE in prison without parole". These psychopath would never learn!

PS. I think Japan has the worst legislation against teen killers. So many horrible crimes committed by teens and they just got away with it.....
Last edited May 1, 2010 at 8:37am.
May 1, 2010, 8:35am   #3
Mao for Miu
I remember researching this. :( It was horrible to read yet amazing to see what people could do to another person.
May 1, 2010, 9:23am   #4
this just made me sick.... I cannot even find the words to express how horrible I feel for that poor girl.
There is so much EVIL in this world.
May 1, 2010, 3:55pm   #5
Surprise!
People can say what they want about Texas...but those perps would have had a date with justice quickly.
May 2, 2010, 5:08am   #6
ღ la vie est belle★☆
This is really horrible!
May 2, 2010, 8:08am   #7
George CortinaAah
My heart physically aches for this girl. One part of me wishes I never learned about what happened to her. I couldn't sleep all night and couldn't even share this with anyone I care about. It would be like hurting them on purpose. I'm afraid am not going to be the same after knowing the extent of evil that exists and being left unharmed. It is let live and breed!
I can only feel relatively in peace knowing she is in Heaven and God made it all go away for her as it had never happened.
This innocent girl should be canonized by the church as a Saint martyr for the amount of unspeakable horrendous physical and mental tortures she went through and withstood for so long. God, her brain size decreased from all the agonizing suffering!...I'm feeling sick as a type this.
I can not believe the scum was let out of jail alive!!! I know in extreme cases when the law fails to punish such anti-humans, other convicts punish them rightfully by the 'eye for an eye' law and jailers turn a blind eye to that.
i_love_vinegar, what does Japanese media has to say about this case now? Please, keep us updated.
I would also like to know what our tpfers from Japan have to say bout how this case have been and being handled.
May 2, 2010, 8:25am   #8
Pretty Young Thing
THEY'RE RELEASED? Good God. What has this world come to?
May 2, 2010, 9:34am   #9
Living Hard
I'd rather be any victim on this board than this one in a heartbeat. This is probably the worse thing I've heard to happen to anyone. Or maybe I have forgotten other cases that could possibly be more horrific? These boys seriously make medieval tortures pale in comparison.

I cannot explain how deeply sorry I feel for the victim.
May 2, 2010, 10:15am   #10
This reminds me of the Japanese man who murdered a British [?] teacher, and then he gained this cult following and people would congratulate him, etc.

Such a disgusting world.
May 2, 2010, 10:25am   #11
k
This is why I'm for an-eye-for-an-eye punishment. Only that could possibly (a) do justice and (b) discourage others from doing what was done to this girl, which had I not read it here would be inconceivable to me. These stinking, rotting, sacs of sh*t deserve nothing less than to be tortured. They should've been subjected to exactly the same things they did her, one by one, day by day, over and over for the rest of their lives.
May 2, 2010, 9:56pm   #12
ღ la vie est belle★☆
Here's an article with the person's name (who is now 39) -
http://search.japantimes.co.jp/membe...20040729a3.htm

Thursday, July 29, 2004

ANOTHER VIOLENT CONFINEMENT
Man who killed as child back in court

By YUMI WIJERS-HASEGAWA
Staff writer

A man who as a youth was convicted and served time for his role in a slaying that shocked the nation pleaded guilty Wednesday to confining and wounding a male acquaintance in May.

He denied, however, that he had terrorized his victim by claiming he had murdered someone on a previous occasion and knew how to beat the rap.

During his first trial session at the Tokyo District Court, 33-year-old Jo Kamisaku, described by prosecutors as a gangster, said, "It's true that I beat him, but the part (in the prosecutors' statement) about what I said (about having killed someone) is not true."

In July 1991, the Tokyo High Court convicted Kamisaku -- a surname he took upon his adoption by a supporter after his release -- and three other juveniles of the November 1988 abduction, confinement, rape and beating death of a high school girl from Misato, Saitama Prefecture.

The crime, in which the girl was held captive at the home of one of the youths for 41 days, stunned the nation. The wounded girl had more than once pleaded with the parents living in the house for help, but they did nothing, according to media reports.

After the youths killed her, they placed her corpse in an oil drum, filled it with concrete and dumped it on reclaimed land in Tokyo's Koto Ward.

Kamisaku, who was 17 at the time, served eight years and one month at a juvenile prison and a regular prison before being released in August 1999.

In his latest trial, prosecutors alleged that Kamisaku picked a fight with Takatoshi Isono, a 27-year-old acquaintance, on May 19, beat him, shoved him into the trunk of his car and drove him to a bar in Misato owned by his mother, where he beat the victim for another four hours.

Kamisaku had believed that a woman he was attracted to had taken a fancy to Isono, the prosecutors said.

They added that after his release from prison, Kamisaku briefly worked at a computer firm before joining the underworld.

Prior to the May attack, he had harassed Isono on various occasions, at one point saying he knew exactly how to fool police and prosecutors because he had been tried for murder earlier, the prosecutors alleged.

Experts noted how the 1988 slaying and the latest crime were both cases of confinement and violence at locations linked to the offender. They wondered why eight years behind bars had failed to rehabilitate the defendant.

But Kamisaku's case is not uncommon.

According to Tsuyoshi Kobayashi, professor of clinical delinquency at the graduate school of Mukogawa Women's University in Hyogo Prefecture, 20 percent of youths who spend time at reformatories on average become repeat offenders, even 30 percent of those who stayed at some institutions.

Kobayashi believes the rate for inmates at juvenile prisons must be higher, as the youths at these facilities have been convicted of more serious crimes than the minor offenses that merit a stint in a reformatory.

In the 1988 case, Kamisaku, who was branded the main accomplice, was given an indeterminate sentence of between five and 10 years.

He served a combined term at a juvenile prison and a regular prison apparently because he turned 26, the maximum age for individuals to be held at a juvenile prison, in the course of serving his term.

Takeshi Tsuchimoto, a law professor at Teikyo University, said that while authorities tend to be lenient toward youth offenders in the hope that they will mend their ways, in Kamisaku's case the punishment was too light.

"The (first) crime he committed was so serious that he probably would have been sentenced to death if he had been an adult," Tsuchimoto said. "The least the court could have done was to give him the maximum sentence possible -- 15 years -- to make him realize (the gravity of) his deeds."

He also noted the eight years Kamisaku spent behind bars was relatively long, given that the sentence was for a term of between five and 10 years.

"His conduct in prison was apparently not that good," he said.

Kobayashi of Mukogawa Women's University said, however, that the problem cannot be solved by simply keeping people who commit violent crimes in their youth away from society for a longer period of time.

Programs at detention facilities need to be revised because they are not adequately correcting troubled juveniles, he said.

"The reason (many of) these youths are not rehabilitated is the programs don't sufficiently delve into their hearts to see why they committed their crimes. They are only geared at forcing them to severely repent their actions," Kobayashi said.

"Such treatment prompts youths to just bide their time until their release."
May 2, 2010, 10:04pm   #13
nyan nyan percent
Ugh, this is the first I've heard of this story, and it is terrible.

Why weren't the parents prosecuted !? Doing nothing is tantamount to beating the girl themselves.

He should have been dumped an oil drum full of concrete a long time ago. :s
May 2, 2010, 10:35pm   #14
Proud mommy of Max
I am disgusted with this... I'm also for the "eye for an eye" punishment~!
May 2, 2010, 11:44pm   #15
Luxury = Purses
I 1st heard about this story when "An American Crime" DVD came out. It's based on a true story about another teenage captive held in a basement who was tortured to her death in Indiana.

I don't understand how all of these people who participated in aiding and abetting the perpetrators don't get prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. ... but in yet, maybe that's where the problem lies... what is the fullest extent of the law for these types of crimes?

When I 1st watched "An American Crime" - I was just beyond sick... how these people are able to harm another human being w/o any remorse and accountability is beyond me. They all couldn't have been psychopaths or sociopaths (neighbors, friends, etc)... but then again... how can they do that.

There needs to be tighter laws ... these types of crimes need to be handled justly
POST A REPLY
  HOME The Playground Up to the Minute... True Crime Stories