Home > > >

My Little Treesje Collection (And Purge Story!)

POST A REPLY

Apr 27, 2011, 2:52am   #1
Jennifer_C
Shopaholic
I've been meaning to share pics of my Treesjes for a while and finally have a few to share. Some are new and some are new-to-me. Pics will post below

I finally took pics because I'd had enough of my purses. I had too many and couldn't keep track of them. They were stashed all over the place (closets, under the bed) because my place is small and I just didn't have the room for them. I'd reduced my inventory by about 20 purses over the past 6 months through hand-me-downs and sales but still had a bunch to go through.

I inventoried what I had left: 55 including laptop (work) bags and excluding those meant for gifts. I took pictures of all of them and then sorted them into categories. I decided to keep 28 (a 50% reduction!), give away 9, gift 2, and sell 16. Afterward, I laminated pictures of the bags I was keeping and put them on a book ring. Now, when I'm accessorizing in the morning, I can flip through the pics, see all of my bags, and make a good decision on what to carry

Up next: The Shoes Purge (gulp!)...
Apr 27, 2011, 2:53am   #2
Jennifer_C
Shopaholic
Apr 27, 2011, 2:54am   #3
Jennifer_C
Shopaholic
**This is not my photo!** The bag is en route to a spa day with LMB in NY so this is an original photo from the seller

Apr 27, 2011, 2:54am   #4
Jennifer_C
Shopaholic
Apr 27, 2011, 2:56am   #5
Jennifer_C
Shopaholic
Apr 27, 2011, 2:56am   #6
Jennifer_C
Shopaholic
Apr 27, 2011, 2:57am   #7
Jennifer_C
Shopaholic
**Correction: Avalon Clutch, not Metro**

Apr 27, 2011, 2:57am   #8
Jennifer_C
Shopaholic
Apr 27, 2011, 2:58am   #9
Jennifer_C
Shopaholic
Apr 27, 2011, 2:58am   #10
Jennifer_C
Shopaholic
Apr 27, 2011, 3:04am   #11
Jennifer_C
Shopaholic
This is what I have for reference now: Pics of my bags, organized and readily-available when I get ready each day

Apr 27, 2011, 2:30pm   #12
aznkat25
Closetfreak
Such a pretty collection! Congrats on having the guts to purge your collection! Yay for getting organized. I loveeee the laminated ring of all your purses! I might just have to steal this idea! :)
I took photos of mine and uploaded it to polyvore so I can create outfits online.
Apr 27, 2011, 2:32pm   #13
clu13
Shoe and Bag Addict
So many beautiful bags!!! Love them all!
Apr 27, 2011, 4:47pm   #14
tejava
It's a super good idea to use laminated pictures to keep track of handbags, may I borrow this idea? I think I also have over 50 handbags at this moment, and I seriously need to know what handbags I have because I keep forgetting some of them!
Apr 27, 2011, 7:46pm   #15
Jennifer_C
Shopaholic
Originally Posted by aznkat25
Such a pretty collection!
Originally Posted by clu13
So many beautiful bags!!! Love them all!
Originally Posted by tejava
It's a super good idea to use laminated pictures to keep track of handbags, may I borrow this idea? I think I also have over 50 handbags at this moment, and I seriously need to know what handbags I have because I keep forgetting some of them!
Thanks, Ladies! Honestly - the laminated pictures have helped already Reducing the number was needed and having the pics as reference is so much easier than rummaging through them to try and find one that matches an outfit. When I do the same with my shoes my morning routine will be even better. I'm always running late so anything that saves me time and helps me get organized is a HUGE win

When I did the above pics I printed duplicate pictures. For my purses in sleeper bags I cut out and laminated the second set of pictures and looped each of the sleeper bag ties through the purses's pic. Now I actually know which purse is which without opening them!!!
POST A REPLY
  HOME > > >