Home > >

Tory Burch Reva Flats, Break in period question?

POST A REPLY

Apr 6, 2012, 10:47pm   #31
HermesNewbie
Shopping Enthusiast
It took several months to break in my Revas. They're comfortable now but the leather is getting pretty worn out, I probaby will have to throw them out soon.
Apr 7, 2012, 12:04pm   #32
naachyan
To be honest, I've had mine for a year now and they still hurt my pinky toe when I walk for a long time.. when I tried on the larger size it was too big for me! Guess I can't win!
Apr 7, 2012, 10:20pm   #33
nygrl
all you need is love
I just bought a pair of the tumbled leather Revas and they started out okay but the flats were killing me by the end of the day on the first day I wore them. Today was the third time I wore them out and although they still hurt, they aren't as bad. I think I'll completely break them in within the next few weeks.
Jul 30, 2012, 1:23pm   #34
deltalady
I've had my patent leather Revas for two years now and thought I'd broken them in. Well I took them to Paris with me and after walking around for about 30 min, I had two HUGE blisters on my pinky toes. I ended up having to buy a random pair of sandals at Zara just so I could continue walking. I was so mad!
Jul 31, 2012, 3:50pm   #35
L
Littleblackdot
My TBs hurt at the back too... I tired rubbing some candle wax at the edges of the back to reduce the friction... Helped a lot!!
Aug 3, 2012, 2:47pm   #36
toobabyish
I've had my TB Patent Revas for a year now and they STILL hurt after I wear them for more than an hour. Not only do they hurt, but they're already falling apart! The insole is coming out and gray residue comes out? It's weird...
Aug 4, 2012, 11:08pm   #37
MrsTeacherMrCop
Loubie Newbie!
I'll have mine a year next month and they also still hurt-in the front a little but mainly where the elastic is in the back. I wore them a lot, but I didn't abuse them and mine also seem to be falling apart. I had high hopes for these shoes too :(
Aug 14, 2012, 11:28pm   #38
c
ckb
My patent Revas took about a month or two to fully break in... they're so comfortable now though! So worth it.
Aug 23, 2012, 1:11am   #39
p
purse_boots
Mine took almost a month to fully break in.
On a side note, has anyone experienced the front part of the leather rubbing off? The rest of the shoe, as well as the bottom, still look fairly new, but the front part looks like it's falling apart. I don't know if it's cuz i'm clumsy and frequently tripping over my own foot, but the front looks pretty bad already :(
Aug 23, 2012, 8:14pm   #40
k
katieny
I don't think I will be buying them after reading all these reviews. My coworker wore hers for the first time today and I noticed she was standing on the back of them instead of having them all the way on. This was after less than an hour into the workday. I forgot to ask her if they hurt by the end of the day.
Aug 23, 2012, 10:05pm   #41
Dukeprincess
On my throne
I have over 10 pairs of Reva flats in every material imaginable, and I have to say the break-in period for the patent ones was BRUTAL. So brutal, I ended up selling the 2 pairs I had. The leather, suede, calf-hair and snake ones broke in after a few wears. I do think they are worth the pain though!
Aug 24, 2012, 12:04am   #42
Tiare
zOMG sales!
Metallic Pink (Bougainvillea) Revas I bought a few years ago: The most awesome looking and the most brutally torturous shoes ever.

Wore them twice and gave up.

I also have a pair of her platform flip flops and they too are incredibly great looking, but, destroy the tops of my feet. I just don't buy TB footwear any more.
Aug 24, 2012, 7:58am   #43
Torybri
Originally Posted by Dukeprincess
I have over 10 pairs of Reva flats in every material imaginable, and I have to say the break-in period for the patent ones was BRUTAL. So brutal, I ended up selling the 2 pairs I had. The leather, suede, calf-hair and snake ones broke in after a few wears. I do think they are worth the pain though!
I agree, my patent ones killed for the first 6 month and still hurt a bit now 10 months later. The tumbled leather and classic nappa leather ones are much easier to break in. WOW 10 pairs of Revas. I thought I was doing good with 5.
Aug 24, 2012, 2:17pm   #44
t
trueblue101
I just got mine on Monday and I have been wearing them around the house with THREE pairs of tube socks out to stretch them out. When I first got them the medallion was digging into to the top of my foot and the pain was awful but they are great now. I know you will look ridic for a while but I highly recommend this!
Aug 24, 2012, 3:34pm   #45
Torybri
Originally Posted by trueblue101
I just got mine on Monday and I have been wearing them around the house with THREE pairs of tube socks out to stretch them out. When I first got them the medallion was digging into to the top of my foot and the pain was awful but they are great now. I know you will look ridic for a while but I highly recommend this!
That's not ridiculous at all. I did the same time.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >