Home > >

Yummmm...chocolate...chocolate Bauletto that is

POST A REPLY

Jun 23, 2012, 4:59pm   #1
s
swezfamily
I bought this bag several weeks ago while vacationing in Italy and was thrilled to get it for so much less than it would have cost in the states.

My first Bauletto in the piccolo size: I don't know if this is a new color for fall or if this is one that never sold from the previous F/W. I didn't ask and I don't care because I had a serious need for this color in my handbag collection. The SA wrote down that the color is Caffe.
Attached Images

Jun 23, 2012, 10:19pm   #2
peachylv
That is really beautiful! I love the color.
Jun 24, 2012, 4:19am   #3
LT bag lady
MASTER ENABLER
Great score! Gorgeous color and nice size! Enjoy!. She will always remind you of your trip!
Jun 24, 2012, 7:05am   #4
Melora
Congrats! What a beauty! I like the tone-in-tone stitching.

And LT bag lady is right: the bag will always remind you of your vacation in Italy. By the way: in which town did you purchase this Bauletto D-bag?
Jun 24, 2012, 10:00am   #5
s
swezfamily
Thank you so much peachylv, LT bag lady, and Melora! I love how deep and rich the color is. I've been searching for a dark brown bag for a couple of years now, but nothing has ever won me over like this one.

Where did I buy it? Well, this is the part of the story that I'm not too proud of because, once again, I had a lapse in self control. I purchased a Birkin in March and promised my husband that there wouldn't be anymore handbag purchases this year. So, I avoided all shopping in the cities that we visited: Venice, Florence and Rome. I longingly walked past the windows of my favorite shops and I peeked, but did not go in.

Then, we're preparing to fly home from Rome and our gate ends up being right next to Tod's, Gucci, Hermes and Valentino. Oh no! With about 15 minutes to kill before boarding our flight home, I wander into the Tod's boutique just to browse...and the rest is history.

It would have been more memorable to have actually purchased it in Rome, rather than the Rome airport, but I did get the duty free price which I think was 200 euro less than in the city and about $600 less than the states. So, I got a great bag, at a great price and it will always remind me of one of the most fantastic trips I've ever taken.
Jun 24, 2012, 10:30am   #6
Melora
Oh, I love those stories about "How I got my bag". Thank you very much for yours.

Jul 15, 2012, 8:01pm   #7
Luv2Shop1
California Dreamin'
Beautiful! Congrats!
Jul 18, 2012, 9:18am   #8
s
swezfamily
Luv2Shop1 - Thank you! It's not a very summery bag, but I've been enjoying using her anyway.
Jul 18, 2012, 9:54pm   #9
T
Theshellfish
Wow! What a gorgeous bag!
Aug 9, 2012, 9:08am   #10
vink
Trying to be good
Very cute bag! :) congrats!!!
Aug 9, 2012, 5:30pm   #11
I
ItsaPurseThing
Such a wonderful bag! Thanks for sharing :)
Aug 23, 2012, 1:04pm   #12
s
swezfamily
Originally Posted by Theshellfish
Wow! What a gorgeous bag!
Originally Posted by vink
Very cute bag! :) congrats!!!
Originally Posted by ItsaPurseThing
Such a wonderful bag! Thanks for sharing :)
Thank you!! I had some houseguests recently who were all forced to smell her beautiful leather. Everyone agreed that she smells heavenly. I think they were just humoring me with the smelling, but I think everyone thought it was a nice bag.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >