Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

Help regarding Gommini Loafer sizing! PLEASE!

POST A REPLY

Jun 17, 2012, 5:08pm   #1
layd3k
So I am interested in a pair of Tods gommini loafers. I am a true EU 42 and US11 with very wide feet, particularly across the toes. I once bought a pair of Tods ballerina flats in a size 41 and I though my feet would die they pinched so much! I could also barely get my foot into them due to the width of my feet.

I am curious if a size 41.5 or 42 would be best in their loafers? MyTheresa recommends ordering a half size down because they fit large. Do any of you agree/disagree with this advice?

BTW I have seen size 41.5 and 42 in store before, but silly me didnt bother trying them on. They did look quite similar in length/width.

TIA!!
Jun 17, 2012, 8:32pm   #2
LT bag lady
MASTER ENABLER
I am a 39 or a 9us, in the drivers I wear a 9 but I do have some 8,8.5 and even 9.5...
some of the drivers are cut very narrow while other have a little more room across the toes. The Dee ballerina flats murder my feet! I say go a size up or stay your true size, stay clear of any with seams across the toes... Keep to a basic loafer, they will give over time with wear. I love my drivers, have many and keep buying more. Good luck!
Jun 18, 2012, 10:29pm   #3
jburgh
BV, Choo Ferragamo
LT, we could share because I have the same experience. I typically wear a 9 in most shoes, but in TODs loafers I can fit into an 8.5, but can sometimes require a 9.5 in other brands. I do find that some loafers are tight across the top of the foot. I recently returned a pair of navy suede boat type shoes because of this. So depending on how they are cut a 42.5 could fit. I will say that the patent does not stretch across the top like a softer leather does.

Sorry this probably didn't help too much. Are the Gomminis patent or another leather finish?
Last edited Jun 20, 2012 at 10:10pm. Reason: clarify
Jun 22, 2012, 12:39am   #4
Maedi
I have wide feet, am a size 41 and have Gommini in 41/11. They are suede and fit tightly. I also got a pair from a friend who wore them a little and they fit much more comfortably. They do give. I would get your true size. Oh, I also have a high arch which makes moccasins tricky. Hope this helps.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >