Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

Have you ever seen a fake Tod's handbags?

POST A REPLY

Sep 24, 2006, 1:35am   #1
Sucre
Quasi Workaholic
I'm just curious. Has anyone ever seen fake Tod's??

I'm hunting Tod's bags on ebay, and I don't know where I can get anyone to authenticate it.

Since Tod's is not very popular like LV, Gucci, Prada, etc, I have an impression that there is no fake Tod's handbag. I might be wrong, though.
Sep 24, 2006, 1:36am   #2
Irishgal
I run with scissors
Oh yes, there are fake Tod's bags. A lot of the ones on E-bay are fake.
Sep 24, 2006, 1:38am   #3
Twisted
- souled.out -
^ how can you tell that it's a fake tod's?
Sep 24, 2006, 1:38am   #4
sekmeht
Account Deactivated
I seen some woman carry fake Tods IRL. They are extremely badly made fakes...
Sep 24, 2006, 1:40am   #5
Sucre
Quasi Workaholic
awww .. darn.

Do you have any tips on spoting those fake ones? Thanks
Sep 24, 2006, 1:42am   #6
l
lmpsola
Account Deactivated
There are fakes on everything! You can always post here to make sure if an item is authentic.
Sep 24, 2006, 1:43am   #7
Irishgal
I run with scissors
It's easier if you post a link to an auction..cause each fake bag has it's own unique fakeness (and yes, I know fakeness is not a word).
Sep 24, 2006, 2:25am   #10
pursemama
Pursaholic
I've seen fake ones at a (dare I say it) PURSE PARTY! ...way, way, way back when I didn't know any better! Now that I recall they were pretty good fakes but, then again I wasn't familar with them then. Ebay is just swimming with fakes, sorry to say!
Sep 24, 2006, 12:13pm   #11
Sucre
Quasi Workaholic
ok, never the example links I posted.
I don't want to turn this into authenticate thread.

Please let me know, what you see that hits you this one is definitely a fake Tod's bag! So that I have some clues.
Sep 24, 2006, 8:59pm   #12
l
lws9126
Try calling the Tod's outlet in Orlando, Florida. I have no idea of the number but you could probably get it through 411. Because it's an outlet they might be willing to give you some hints as to authentication. Let's put it this way...I bought a tiny demin Tod's bag at the outlet and it was $250 down from $900. Tod's bags are pretty pricey... On the other hand, my sister bought one off of ebay and as she says...well, it looks real to me. She's got money, so no one would doubt that it's real...
Sep 24, 2006, 9:12pm   #13
fendifashion
I actually saw TONS of them today at the flea market. My FIL is visiting and wanted to take back some purses for some of this "girl" friends. I convinced him to buy 4 bags that were genuine leather - no name - good quality bags for them versus the knock-off fakeroos that he was going after!!!!
Sep 24, 2006, 9:19pm   #14
Cosmopolitan
retired tPF mod
Absolutely...for years, I've been seeing fake Tod's "D" bags, the ones that Princess Diana made famous in the 1990s.
Sep 24, 2006, 11:06pm   #15
a
alvie223
i've seen people selling bags on blogs and other bag/forum type sites
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >