Home > >

Come to Mama! D-Styling Lavoro leather tote

POST A REPLY

Sep 5, 2012, 8:33pm   #1
jburgh
BV, Choo Ferragamo
She is finally here!

Introducing Miss D-Styling Shopping Lavoro leather medium tote in Raspberry. She is so pretty in the sunlight, really brightening up. This is my first D-bag. I chose this style because I like the compartments, and the satchel styling.

She came from a Belle & Clive sale. Here are the specs, from a Nordies ad and my measurements:

Inverted seaming creates crisp lines on a smooth leather tote with dual interior compartments separated with a center zip divider. Expert Italian craftsmanship infuses the classic style with fashionable quality that stands the test of time.

Magnetic snap-tab and center zip closures. Interior zip, wall and cell phone pockets. Logo-jacquard lining. Protective metal feet. Made in Italy.

Dimensions: 13 1/2"W x 9 1/2"H x 5 1/2"D.
Handle drop: 4 1/2".
Shoulder strap drop: 18".
Attached Images

Sep 5, 2012, 9:22pm   #2
n
nomompants
Congrats - LOVE this bag! What do you think of its weight? I just ordered the beige-grey one - anticipating its arrival next week...
Sep 5, 2012, 9:39pm   #3
U
Uromastyx
TDF
Wow its a beau under the sun!!!!! Congrats for the awesome purchase!
Sep 6, 2012, 1:13am   #4
s
sea_phoenix
The leather and the color are both beautiful!
Sep 6, 2012, 4:59am   #5
Melora
jburgh, your new bag looks so beautifull!!! Yes, I'm sure this leather will stand the test of time. and you'll enjoy this bag for many years.

Nice bag charm, too.
Sep 6, 2012, 8:41am   #6
Picard
woow the color is awesome!! Very very nice. Good choice!
Sep 6, 2012, 9:41am   #7
jburgh
BV, Choo Ferragamo
Thank you for the kind words!

The leather is not heavy, but I am used to heavier bags like Cervo leather. It is definitely not burdensome to carry at all. Like some said in other D-bag threads, the leather will scratch, but I think it will give it character. I have an old BV bag made of this type of calf and it does get scratched.

Today is her maiden voyage, and I'll let you know how she is to carry.
Sep 6, 2012, 12:35pm   #8
Masuko
CONGRATS!! What a beautiful bag. Love the color. This bag is so classy
Sep 6, 2012, 12:36pm   #9
papertiger
Sep 6, 2012, 7:51pm   #10
jburgh
BV, Choo Ferragamo
Ok, this is definitely a keeper. What I like is that when I go through doors, or shut and lock a door, this bag is not too big. It does not scrape against the door or screen door when I turn around. Is this making any sense? Maybe I'm the only one who tends to scrape her bag against the door when going through.

Aside from the door non-issue, this bag makes it very convenient to access your items. I keep my wallet in the middle zip compartment, so it is secure. My HTC phone fits right into the cellphone pocket. Tods is a winner when it comes to this. Lots of brands have small pockets and you can barely squeeze a phone inside, let alone get it out.

I am happy about my purchase and I would recommend this style for anyone who favors a more structured satchel bag, but needs to occasionally wear it over her shoulder when her hands are full. This style has a quiet elegance, and looks like it will never go out of style.

It looks nothing like it's namesake (Raspberry). It is a purple-y red plum color (similar to Hermes Raisin) in the sun and burgundy indoors.

nomompants - I hope you like yours when it arrives and would be interested in hearing your impressions, and seeing pictures.

melora - I am a sucker for the Juicy charms and have actually worn some until the paint flaked off. My fav is the skillet with eggs and bacon
Sep 6, 2012, 8:40pm   #11
n
nomompants
Thanks for the update! I will certainly share my impressions and I can already tell from your review that I'm going to love it...
Sep 6, 2012, 11:30pm   #12
Maedi
Jburgh- congratulations and thank you for sharing! This is a gorgeous bag and seems improved over the D bag Bauletto which I love but where I cannot find anything inside. I also love the smooth leather (have been contemplating the new Mikey but am not so fond of the soft leather). Wear it happily!
Btw, I also love the acorn charm and what is Belle and Clive?
Sep 7, 2012, 12:07pm   #13
Picard
thank you for the update!! Is very useful de information. For me has a lot of sense what do you expose. The problems of the doors is real
Sep 17, 2012, 12:08am   #14
favoritethingshawaii
Tod's R Me
It's beautiful! I haven't favored many Tod's bags lately...but this one looks great and your description makes me want it!
Sep 17, 2012, 8:54pm   #15
Addy
The Odd Mod
Gorgeous color! Congrats!
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >