Zero Smoke...

1. Has anyone tried this little bugger? I would love for my Mom to stop smoking(which she has tried to do 3 or 4 times...only to start up again), and would like to buy this for her for Xmas(if it works!). So, anyone?? Success stories(please! haha)??
    Here is the website ZeroSmoke.org
    TIA!

2. It's rather new QueenOfDa. I just heard about it a few months ago.

I so need to quit too, everytime I manage to stop for a few days, one of the "boys" (either my son, DH or one of my brothers) does something to stress me out so I start again. I'm not real happy knowing I'll gain some weight too, since I'm already about 50 or 60 pounds overweight. A lot of my smoking now is due to boredom. SO I need something to not so much take awsay the cravings, but something to do with my hands.

I do hope though, that your Mom quits! WIsh her well for me!

3. Haven't heard anything about zero smoke, but my work did the Alan Carr method when our area became a non smoking precinct and people swear by it!

4. ^^ hmm...Ill look into that.

Speedy, I think Im gonna go for it anyways, I will let you know how it turns out. I cant say I understand...but I know my Mom hates the weight gain too! She quit for 3 months when I was 18 and she gained 20 pounds! I told her its better to gain pounds than black spots on her lungs lol.
    She actually was hypnotized about 4 months ago, it worked for a week, then she started back up. Her friend got hypnotized and she hasnt picked up a cig since!! Works for some...doesnt for others.
    She really wants to quit, I feel bad for her that its so hard to do.
    Good luck with your quitting too! Just spend more time her typing and reading, that'll keep ya busy! lol

5. I'm trying the typing/reading/posting method right now Queen. Out of all the bad addictions I've kicked, (over drinking alcohol, addiction to prescribed drugs, eating bad foods) smoking is the one I can't seem to do. I've never done an illegal street drug, but I've read where it's just as hard to kick as heroin! EKK!

My biggest problem with the weight will be I can't get up to excersise. However, when my power chair gets here, I plan on getting out of the house and I think that'll help with the boredom. Then I can come back here and tell you all what I did and saw. ;)

I really wished the boys could see what they do when they stress me out, maybe that'd help too. But, yes, please do let me know how this program works!

6. The most effective thing I've ever seen for smoking cessation is auricular therapy, a type of non-needle acupuncture. We started doing it in our clinic last year. I was hoping for at least some success but was very surprised at how well it works. Patients were dropping from a pack or 2 a day to just a few cigarettes a day after just 1 or 2 fifteen minute treatments.