Zara

I just at Zara yesterday, they were putting some new stuff out. I got 3 really cute shirts for $29.99 each. You have to watch the quality like others have said. I buy alot of basic's there. I refuse to even try on pants, I wear a 0 or a 2 in other stores, in there I'm a large and the pants need to be altered all over, its just not worth it to buy them there.

I detest Zara. Where else can your average size 10-12 Uk girl (so 6 to 8 USA), go into a store and have to purchase a L or XL!!! :biggrin:

The sizes are completely crazy. Why go somewhere to buy cheap clothes and then feel bad about yourself lol. The changing rooms are crap, no friends allowed in with you! and everything that looks good on the rail, always looks rubbish on.

Not one of my fave stores ;)

Not one of mine either :shrugs:
The stores always look like crap, and the clothes are totally disposable.
I don't even want to talk about the sizing

Zara doesn't have enough selection for me. I don't think I fall within their target audience though. The style is a bit too old for me.

*By the way, it's only one person per fitting room because having two people in is a fire code violation. The sales associates don't make the rules, they just have to enforce them.

I like Zara for contemporary pieces, I wouldn't buy anything classic from them. The prices are great, but quality is so-so. As mentioned before, it's a step above forever 21/H&M.

I live in the States but travel a lot in Asia. I love Zara in Asia (Malaysia, Singapore, Manila, Tokyo) for many of the same reasons other posters have mentioned - frequently updated inventory, "fun" & "work" sections in the stores, a little more stylish than Forever 21 and H&M. My favorite items there? SHOES! hands down - nice styles that aren't too expensive.

I will also agree that quality isn't the best and some of the materials feel a little cheap, but it's just a matter of taking your time and finding stuff that you can blend in with other items in your wardrobe.

My closet contains designer pieces as well as cheaper clothing. Among Mango, Zara and H&M I absolutely love H&M, especially the more expensive lines. I feel that quality is much better, at a better price. I don't know if things are different at the other side of the Pond though. I love H&M because designs are a little bit more daring than Zara and Mango.

H&M comes from Sweden, I have the impression that their designers do not only make copycats of the high end fashion labels, but have also interesting and original ideas. I have several items that seem much more costly than what I paid for them. Last week I purchased a formal black jacket styled as a kimono, really very nice, for 39 Euro (+/- 50$). I have also to note that in Italy we have either unstyledm crappy clothing stores or very high end stores. The only mid range stores so far were Benetton, Sisley and Stefanel, but I have always found their designs extremely boring.

Zara and Mango (the latter a little more expensive) are both spanish, their size system is similar and their sizes are in fact smaller than the average. I'm an Italian 44, a denim 30, a UK 14, a EU 40 and a US 10. I can buy H&M clothes everywhere in the world without trying them on, but I have to try every single piece on in Zaras and Mangos, and sometimes I need to go up even two sizes! I am tall (5'10) but not fat (140lbs) and sometimes I do not fit into an XL! I would say that Zara and Mango are ok with people with no hips. I have quite some rear bumpers so maybe that's the problem!

Zara and Mango stores are also always filthy here: dusty and chaotic, and the sales persons are always acting like they were doing me a favor. Oh, please. What an attitude!

Overall, I have several Zara and Mango pieces, but I buy them only if they are really really cheap, no more than 30$. Over that, they are overpriced and not well cut. The pants, for example, are sooo unflattering! I prefer H&M 100 times more! And everywhere in the world I go, H&M sales persons are always nice, not like those others I have mentioned.

I actually like Zara. They have some cute clothes, though the quality isn't always the greatest - and the sizing does run small. I had to go up two sizes for a denim pencil skirt once. The prices aren't unreasonable at all. Its not my favorite store but I buy from there occasionally!

I don't know what you are looking for but to warn you... I went there last weekend it is mostly black and white with a few other neutrals thrown in right now. I was shopping for some color so I didn't find anything there.

I love Zara but I admit that some of their clothes (especially T shirts) are not very well made, but these usually cost about $20-$30 anyway. Even Topshop's quality is much better than Zara.

However, occassionally, Zara does some great stuff for reasonable quality, like their jackets and work trousers and dresses. I personally think one should stay away from buying t shirts in zara.

Oh, Zara shoes are wonderful too! :smile: