ZALES and my horror story my engagement ring!!! a big warning!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How sheltered am I??? It never occurred to me that stones could/would be switched during a cleaning! Haha, good excuse to go back to Chicago where I got my ring--have them clean it!

I feel for you. When I was first engaged we had our rings on hold and when we went back to see them after making a payment they had switched our rings and sold them to someone else. They offered to shine up the other ones since the gold was matte not polished (like we wouldn't notice) and we demanded our money back and swore to never use a mall jewelry store again.

UGH! That completely sucks. I'm so sorry this happened to you :sad:

I don't really have any helpful advice, but definitely see if you can file with the Better Business Bureau and keep telling EVERYONE you know. Word of mouth can be pretty powerful. I will never shop there after hearing what happened to you and I'll make sure to tell all my friends & family not to shop there either!

I also don't think it means anything about your marriage. All it says to me is that Zales sucks hard :shrugs:

I want to address a huge issue I’ve been having with a company Zales. Most people say being engaged is the best thing that has ever happened to them. It’s been the worst for me due to this company’s poor service. I’ve had nothing but recurring problems with their faulty product as well as the Burbank, CA employees. My fiancé bought a heart shaped engagement ring at Zales.com in early January. He then gave it to me Febuarary 14th 2007. Later on, I had it resized which took 2 weeks. I got the ring back and after about 2 more weeks one of the small decorative diamonds fell out. We took it in and that took 3 weeks to fix. We got the ring back and a few more weeks pass and the diamond falls out again! We take it in and they have to fix it which means I am yet again without my ring to show family and friends. This time they decide to just switch the ring out for a whole new one which is horrible because it’s not the same ring he asked me to marry him with. So then we had to get the new one resized and that took another 2 weeks. I get the ring back and within one month the big heart diamond falls out and right then and there I had a nervous breakdown. I kept thinking is this a bad sign for our marriage? We take it in and this time it takes seriously 2 whole months to get it fixed despite being told it would take 4 to 6 weeks. Finally my fiancé goes to pick up the ring and he brings it to me in Northern California where I was visiting family and I take a look at it. I notice right away that the little diamond fell out of the heart on the side of the ring again! We then have to take it back AGAIN. My fiancé takes it in and lets them know how furious he is and they only take 3 days to fix it. This is the last thing that has happened but let me tell you it’s been nothing but hell. Not only was it hell to have this happen to my first engagement ring but customer service was always rude and not very helpful at the Burbank store. When we brought the ring in after multiple visits instead of getting an apology we were treated with suspicion and asked how we clean it. We never had it long enough to warrant cleaning it! .we are not exaggerating. He has even written your customer service online and never received a reply. The whole time I had the ring I only got to wear it less than one month. My friends and family never got to see the ring because whenever they were around the ring was being fixed. This was not only humiliating for me but very humiliating for my fiancé. WHAT HELL THIS WAS> my warning to everyone is NEVER EVER EVER shop at ZALES or ZALES.com their products are horrible quality and they treat you like crap!!!!!!!!! this is a warning to all

Incase for online shopping for collectibles it is widely recommended that you either go to amazon or e-bay the reason being 99% of all customers will tell you that the entire merchandise that they started form the two mentioned online heavyweights have been a success.Alternatively you could have also posted classified ads (paid ones) for more traffic (thereby giving you more options) or you could have searched in Google.
Good Luck.

ZALES, BAD BUSINESS!
I took an heirloom 50 ct. weight stone, to be appraised. The jeweler must of put the stone in a vise, because when I got it back the stone looked like cracked ice and fractured on the inside. Big time damage!

On top of that I signed a "Valuation for Purpose of Liability Limitation" up to $5,000.00 specifically stating, "This store is not responsible for loss, damage or theft of the articles unless due to it's own negligence. Any damage or loss due to it's negligence will be limited to the actual cost to repair or replace the item(s) and is not to exceed the falue stated above ($5,000.00)

Let me inform you that they are the who can simply say "no damage" and that is the end of it. The management can say, "I see no damage" and or "it looked like this prior" and you have no rights. PERIOD.

So, they ruined my one and only perfect 50ct heirloom precious stone, and they couldn't care less. They were rude, arguementative, and insulting in the sense that they tried to play the blame game, and not in one instance did they show any remorse what so ever. ON TOP OF THAT, they wanted me to pay for the work and come and pick it up! PAY??? For damages done! Needless to say, I feel very violated and horrified. PLEASE hear my story and call BBB! Companies like this need to reap what they sew! Never again! Ever, with Zales!

I would seriously consider returning the ring, getting my money back and going to a small local, recommended jeweler and picking out a new engagement ring.

That is outrageous what is happening to your ring! I have had my engagement ring for 15 years and never has a stone fallen out of it! And, I even had it reset 2 years ago into a very different setting than the original and still nothing like that!

Good luck to you-and, yes, if he used a credit card to purchase it-I would get them involved also.
Completely agree! See if there is anything you can do about a return!

She didn't get banned from a "jewelry forum":smile: She was banned from tPF for a myriad of reasons, one being pimping her counterfeit Chanel sunglasses.

ZALES, BAD BUSINESS!
I took an heirloom 50 ct. weight stone, to be appraised. The jeweler must of put the stone in a vise, because when I got it back the stone looked like cracked ice and fractured on the inside. Big time damage!

On top of that I signed a "Valuation for Purpose of Liability Limitation" up to $5,000.00 specifically stating, "This store is not responsible for loss, damage or theft of the articles unless due to it's own negligence. Any damage or loss due to it's negligence will be limited to the actual cost to repair or replace the item(s) and is not to exceed the falue stated above ($5,000.00)

Let me inform you that they are the who can simply say "no damage" and that is the end of it. The management can say, "I see no damage" and or "it looked like this prior" and you have no rights. PERIOD.

So, they ruined my one and only perfect 50ct heirloom precious stone, and they couldn't care less. They were rude, arguementative, and insulting in the sense that they tried to play the blame game, and not in one instance did they show any remorse what so ever. ON TOP OF THAT, they wanted me to pay for the work and come and pick it up! PAY??? For damages done! Needless to say, I feel very violated and horrified. PLEASE hear my story and call BBB! Companies like this need to reap what they sew! Never again! Ever, with Zales!

I am sorry to hear this. What type of stone was it? Why did you choose Zales instead of GIA to look at it?

ZALES, BAD BUSINESS!

Status
Not open for further replies.