1 tsp salt
    1 tsp cinnamon
    1 tsp baking soda
    1 tsp baking powder
    1/2 cup vegetable oil
    2 eggs
    4 very ripe bananas, mashed
    1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

preheat oven to 350'. mix together sugar and eggs. add oil, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and mashed bananas. stir in flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder 1/3 at a time. i usually use a bundt pan for this mix. bake for 1 hour.

2. I always did love banana bread. If I had loaf pans and some bananas I'd go and attempt to make this right now. But maybe I'll try it after I go grocery shopping next. I used to make it all the time, but it was from a box. Pilsbury, if I remember correctly.

Let us know how it turns out and thanks for posting the recipe!
  3. Sounds wonderful and easy, i was looking for a banana bread recipe, cant wait to try, thank you and enjoy yours !
  4. you're welcome! =)
  5. I just finished the last slice of my banana bread I made over the weekend. Your recipe is very similar to mine except I use brown whole wheat flour or white whole wheat flour, half a cup of sugar, 1/4 cup of oil and one tbsp of vanilla extract (I think it's needed with the whole wheat flour and all those bananas). Plus I add half a cup of chocolate chips but no nuts. Also, once I mash up my bananas I make up the quantity with plain yoghurt until I have 2 cups (sometimes I only need a 1/4 cup of yoghurt). I bake mine in a 9 x 5 inch loaf tin at the same temp. for about 65-70 mins. The resulting banana bread is moist, dense and delish. I'm used to the reduced sugar and I feel virtuous for using whole wheat flour LOL!

So are you enjoying your banana bread? I think banana bread is wonderful and I need to make some more but unfortunately I don't have any ripe bananas. :sad:

Edit: forgot to add I only use 1/4 tsp of salt.
  6. MM! Sounds good! I wannsa try and make it!
  7. I love cold banana bread with a hot cup of tea for breakfast:yes:
  8. mmmmm is right! Sounds good! I love banana bread!
  9. Now Im cravin banana bread..lol
  10. I've never tasted banana bread but it sounds delicious! Is it sweet?
  11. I don't think it's very sweet even with one cup of sugar in the recipe as stated here. I, however, only use half a cup of sugar because I prefer my quick breads less sweet.
  12. Yum. I am going to try this now but with the chocolate chips as mh21 suggested. I've got the bananas and have been thinking about this all week. Thanks!
  13. It's in the oven now.
  14. Sounds delicious!!!
  15. It was. It is all gone now. I will use this recipe again thanks.