YSL Tribute Shoes

I was just at the YSL boutique at south coast plaza...they have the patent mary janes, slingbacks, and the leopard ones! They also had the suede ones in red and purple..the patent mary jane looks really "stripper-ish" when I tried it on because of the super high stilleto heel and the patent... they also had some new ones stocked...they're like half mary jane and half slingbacks..those are super cute! but i ended up getting the suede mary janes...since it doesnt look too "stripper-ish" =)

I am really mixed about these shoes. I :heart:LOVE:heart: how they look in magazines. I tried them on, and while I loved them, I just think they are a hard shoe to pull off. Like someone else posted, they are definitely catwalk shoes, but tougher to pull off day to day.

BTW, the YSL boutique on 57th Street in NYC had the Tribute shoes in every color and height. They are also getting another shipment in October.

I needed my shoe fix for today, and so I bought the leopard/animal print version at lunch time. LOL I got the lower mary jane version though b/c unfortunately I can't rock the 6" version w/o getting weird looks. hehe

So, now I have the black leather slingbacks and the leopard MJs, yay! :smile:

Thanks hsl for posting those pics and making me obsess over them. hahahaha

I needed my shoe fix for today, and so I bought the leopard/animal print version at lunch time. LOL I got the lower mary jane version though b/c unfortunately I can't rock the 6" version w/o getting weird looks. hehe

So, now I have the black leather slingbacks and the leopard MJs, yay! :smile:

Thanks hsl for posting those pics and making me obsess over them. hahahaha

LOL, I thought I did well during my lunch by getting extra choc powder on my cappuccino! You're my hero :tup:

I love them. This is the one I have my eyes on but I don't ever see them in my size. I also wish I could actually try them on before buying them but I've never seen them at the saks here.

0459280320108_275x275.jpg

lol babypie!

ledaatomica, I think they run fairly true to size. I am a US 9 and they only had a 39.5 left and the SA said those should be fine for me, plus I figured I would account for some hosiery too for the upcoming weather. The SA said she was a US 9 as well, and can often take a 39 in that style. I'm not sure it if varies though for the 5 1/2" heel version.

I have the 100 mm ivory heel leather slingback as well, and I had to get a bigger size because that is all that was left. On normal setting they are way too big (the strap won't stay on), but I put it on the tightest setting and they are fine for me now.

Zophie, just call a YSL boutique and they can send you a pair, plus they will probably be able to advise you on sizing a bit better. I worked with a girl named Courtney at the YSL boutique on Rodeo. She was very nice and quick to answer any questions I had.

I had a good laugh too because when I called to do the charge send, to verify it was the correct shoe, I said you know the shoes Eve has been spotted wearing, these are it right, asking if she had seen the picture. And, she was like oh yeah those are the 6" version, she bought them here. :P

I couldn't not get them!! SO I got the Leopard one from South Coast.. I took the last pair of sz 7 :biggrin: and my friend took the last pair of sz 8. just in case you guys were looking for them

i don't know when I'm going to wear them...:S