YSL resort bags, including the "Downtown"

May 23, 2006
Saks.com has posted some of the YSL resort bags, including the "Downtown." I'm a YSL fan, but I'm not crazy about this bag. What does everybody else think?

Attachments

• downtown1.jpg
    downtown1.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 212
  • downtown2.jpg
    downtown2.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 172
I LOVE this site. I saw a woman this morning carrying this bag and was totally WOWWED!!!! I asked her about the bag. She said it was "YSL" but didn't know the name of the bag because she got it at Bergdorf and Goodman.

I went to the site. They only call it a "leather tote." Of course I come to this site and find out that it is officially called "Downtown" from the Resort collection.

You guys rock!! She had the black leather. It was really nice IRL:

i love this bag sooo much... but not the "peace & love" version with the buckles and the ugly useless zipped pocket in the front (pictured above & at the resort show), i like the more sleek simple version in black deerskin.... i know it will be the perfect bag for me!! i am saving up right now and hopefully she will be mine in a few months time!!! wish me luck!! :yahoo:

0413661732157_275x275.jpg

:love:

another thing that makes me love the downtown so much is that it doesn't have the silly satin lining like the muse, rive gauche and most other ysl bags... the downtown is unlined... raw leather on the inside (like mulberry bags)... :love: :love:

here are a few shots from the resort 06-07 (really spring 07, paris fash week catwalk is technically "summer") presentation of some models with the downtown... the bottom seems to get really saggy, but i think it all depends on how thin/drapey the material is... the deerskin should hold up pretty well but i know it'll get soooft after a while... :love:

00041.jpg

00009.jpg
yuck, i hate the way the bag looks here...does no justice to it at all...it looks like the sides that stick out have been folded inside...!

00027.jpg

the ostrich is so absolutely gorgeous (even with the zippers!).... i really wish i could afford it in this skin!! but it's over $5000... :cry:

I don't think that this will be on my list. I am 5'1, I think that it might be to long for me or I am to short for it! But if I were taller, I might would go there!:supacool:

I was thinking that I would definately get it for Summer in white... until I saw it from the shows... I think I'd like it more if the bottom were sturdier... But, maybe that will make it cute for summer (a little more relaxed).