YSL Mombasa? bag

1. Hi! I'm new here and so glad to have found this forum! I have been looking everywhere for this YSL bag. Does anyone know the year this purse was made, what the model name is, where I could get it, anything? Thanks so much!

[​IMG]

2. Can you repost the picture? Or, maybe I'm the only one that can't see it (the tech department at work has been updating our computers with dire consequences....have had lots of problems).

3. That sure is a YSL mombasa. I believe www.BlueFly.com had them in stock a while back, you might want to check there. Also their boutiques have them, Megs saw one two weeks ago at Bal Harbour.

4. Thanks Vlad! I didn't see any on bluefly :sad: What is the style name/model of this particular bag so I know how to describe when I call? I know there are so many different versions?

5. Yes, the boutiques have a bunch of different ones, some of which went on sale :biggrin:

6. Thanks! I'm not sure how to describe this bag though to make sure I get the right one. I don't live near any YSL boutiques so it would have to be a phone order :sad:

7. I suppose this is it (I post two images below: Nicole Richie and Nicky Hilton are both carrying a Mombasa Hobo by YSL).

fbgu0x.jpg 7.jpg
  8. IS it discontinued or will I find it in a YSL Storee?

I still like it for some reason.

Mimi:shrugs:

9. They still have it in stores.

10. Really?!?!

What's pricing like?

Edited to add: Just read that someone alreayd answered my question in another thread :shame:

11. I was just going to ask the same thing. what is the pricing??

I cant find the thread!!!

12. I think the large is either $995 or $895 and the medium is either $895 or $795.

The bag is a YSL "classic" so it'll be around for awhile. I've heard that it comes in patent leather! Give the YSL store a call and they should be able to help you. I recommend calling the YSL at Costa Mesa, CA. Ask for Karissa. She's really nice and will even take photos of the bags and email them to pretty quick--usually within 30 minutes on a weekday! Their number is (714) 429-0101.

13. It sure does come in patent leather. I bought a black one and it is extra to the fullest fierce! :wlae:

14. i've seen one on the suede, it's gorgeous, but i can't take care of suede...

15. Yes, I've got the Mombasa in Chocolate Brown Suede with Mink trim. Bought it last winter, but the same bag is coming back this winter, my YSL SA tells me...