YSL Metropolis tote

1. [​IMG]

Does anyone have any info on this gorgeous tote? Looks like the tribute, but priced lower($690 at Bluefly, but is no longer available, drat!) and comes in deep gold as pictured, and deep violet.

2. That is the tribute tote; same shape, side zippers, everything. I think Bluefly just labeled it wrong.

3. That's what I thought too, but can't seem to find it anywhere else?:confused1:

4. Those colours may have been pre spring, which would explain why you can not find them now.

5. OH NUTS! :push:I ACTUALLY JUST BOUGHT THIS ON AUGUST 26 AND I SHOULD RECEIVE IT ON TUES 9/4/07. I GUESS THE ORIGINAL PURCHASER RETURNED IT AFTER ALL. I WILL POST PICS WHEN I GET IT. IT WILL BE MY 1ST YSL BAG AND AM SOOO EXCITED. SORRY DEAR I WISH THEY HAD MORE FOR SALE .:sad:

6. Yes, it is the Tribute. YSL can cause confusion because sometimes they change the names of bags between the time of pre-production and the actual retail launch. (That's why you'll see bags mis-named on some websites or in magazines.)

Here's an OLD thread I started in January about the Tribute tote, which they were calling "Metro (Metropolis) Vernice" at that point...
    http://forum.purseblog.com/yves-saint-laurent/metro-vernice-a-new-ysl-bag-87708.html

7. Thank you! :yes:

8. Here it is. just got her today! Love Blue fly!

[​IMG]