YSL lovers! Please post pics and your YSL hauls!

sjunky13

Dreaming............
O.G.
Dec 17, 2006
No love for YSL yet?
I am a big YSL fan. I think they have the best lipsticks!
I just picked up a few of the new quads that can be used wet/dry. They have amazing pigment and are very creamy.
I also got the new eyeliners , they are waterproof and better than Armani's.
I got new lipsticks and mascara!

Please post all of your YSL goodies here.

^ I have had my eye on the YSL quads for a while now. I was waiting for some reviews on them. Since you give it a thumbs up, I may need to pick one up! The eye liners are better than Armani's? That is good to know because I bought 2 of the new-ish Armani liners (green and black), and they both smudged on me. I have watery eyes, but I thought that the liners would be a bit more long-lasting on me.

I don't have much experience w/this line. My first purchase was the Rouge Pure Shine Sheer Lipstick. I got it in Metallic Pink. I really loved the color but it was too creamy! It wouldn't stay on very long, less than 20 minutes for me....it just slips off. :sad:

I don't have much experience w/this line. My first purchase was the Rouge Pure Shine Sheer Lipstick. I got it in Metallic Pink. I really loved the color but it was too creamy! It wouldn't stay on very long, less than 20 minutes for me....it just slips off. :sad:
I had the exact same problem! It's their one lipstick line I really don't like. I wouldn't even call it creamy, I'd call it straight up oily lol. It feels like after you eat buttered toast and your lips are greasy. Mine is in #32, it came out with the summer 09 collection and the promo pic really sold me that year, I went ALL over hunting it down and finally got it and then...grease fest! I absolutely love the color it's a gorgeous peach but it stays on about 15-20 minutes max

I had the exact same problem! It's their one lipstick line I really don't like. I wouldn't even call it creamy, I'd call it straight up oily lol. It feels like after you eat buttered toast and your lips are greasy. Mine is in #32, it came out with the summer 09 collection and the promo pic really sold me that year, I went ALL over hunting it down and finally got it and then...grease fest! I absolutely love the color it's a gorgeous peach but it stays on about 15-20 minutes max

exactly! lol...grease fest! do you still use it anymore? I gave mine away. But I got this today and it was not greasy and stayed on much longer. It is the Rouge Volupte - this is in Ultimate Beige.

IMG_0887-1-1.jpg

^ I tried it again the other day, I'm actually almost out of it but I rarely use it anymore. Anyone looking at it would think it was a favorite bc it's so low but the reason I'm almost out is bc the few times I've worn it I've had to reapply it so much! :P It's a shame it doesn't last it's such a gorgeous shade. The Rouge Voluptés are so much better! I also love the new Volupté Sheer Candy line :heart:

I have a Rouge Volupte Perle in 104 (I don't recall the name) and though it stays a bit longer than the regular RV, it still requires a lot of re-applying.

Rouge Pur Shine - it doesn't last on me and my lips felt dry!

Touche Eclat - I like this and I'm glad someone mentioned that the area you're applying to should be moisturized first!

I heard such great things about the wet/dry e/s quads, so this is what I'll pursue next!

I have never tried anything from YSL, but Xsparkage uses a concealer that I want to try, its like a pen style with a twist bottom, does anyone know anything about it? Its a gold container

I have never tried anything from YSL, but Xsparkage uses a concealer that I want to try, its like a pen style with a twist bottom, does anyone know anything about it? Its a gold container
This is Touche Eclat it's actually not a concealer, it's a highlighter. A lot of people get confused by that and if it covers for you by all means use it as a concealer but I know a lot of people buy it then complain it's not great but that's bc they're not using it as it was intended to be used

I love YSL, Touche Eclat #1 is a staple, also the lipglosses. I've looked at the summer collection and it looks absolutely covetable, there's a sheer blue lipgloss I'd be interested to try, also some new sheer lipsticks, and a nailpolish that looks a lot like Chanel Mimosa only a hair greener. LOL!

This is Touche Eclat it's actually not a concealer, it's a highlighter. A lot of people get confused by that and if it covers for you by all means use it as a concealer but I know a lot of people buy it then complain it's not great but that's bc they're not using it as it was intended to be used

oh, thanks for the correction :smile: We dont have a counter near here, so I havent tried anything yet, but when I find one, I really want to see what YSL is about :smile: