Your Wealthy , So Gift Accordingly ??

i would say NO to the question. i know that it is thought that counts but the thing is nobody gives me gifts anymore coz they always say that it is hard to shop for me. whereas, i always give gifts to friends and now they expect gifts from me everytime we meet up. it is like everytime i travel, and when i am back, a few of them would ask "so what did you get me?" i am not santa!!

I think that if you know a friend is financially comfortable. There is no reason you should get a cheap $5 present from the drugstore. imo that's obnoxious not to mention cheap.

I have always spoiled friend when it comes to gifts, and I'm far from well off.

I never consider the price of gifts when giving.

I think that both parties in a friendship should give gifts that they know the other person will love and get pleasure from.

I also think that wealthy people should use discretion when giving gifts to less wealthy people.

Even if I could afford it,I would never buy a considerably less wealthy friend diamond earrings,for example. How is she supposed to respond to that?

I like to spoil my student cousins by buying them something a bit more luxurious than they could afford themselves,but it is seldom something that screams "I earn way more money than you...here,have some!"

Nor do I expect friends who are truly wealthy to splurge on me. I may even find it a bit patronizing if they did.

Gifts are about generosity of spirit,and not about money.

Absolutely not. It's the thought that counts. Besides, I would feel like I couldn't keep up if a wealthier friend kept getting expensive gifts for me.