Your thoughts & prayers would be appreciated

1. Hi all,
    I just wanted to ask for your thoughts and prayers (if you do that sort of thing ;)) for my Dad. On Sunday afternoon he came in from working in the yard, his favored pastime when he's around, and I noticed he looked pale and sweaty and complained of "indigestion". Long story short, I gave him some aspirin and put him in the car immediately. He has had a prior heart attack and I wasn't taking any chances. Good thing I did, because he had three severely blocked blood vessels in his heart and yesterday underwent cardiac catheterization and the insertion of three cardiac stents (which brings him to a nice round number of five total. Whee!).
    He's recovering well and is actually expected to come home later today barring any complications, but it's been a scary couple of days. He's also struggling with some impaired kidney function suddenly, and we're still not quite sure why.
    He's 71 and generally in fantastic health; he's very active, he's a professional cruise ship musician, and in his worldwide travels he routinely does things like climb mountains, fall off mountain bikes in Greece (breaking his collarbone last year, which seems hilarious now even though it didn't then), hike for 20 miles, play tennis, etc. His main concern at the moment is getting medical clearance to go back out on his ship which leaves next Tuesday. So, anyway...this is all a shock, is my point. I would really appreciate your thoughts and prayers over the next few days as we establish his long-term prospects health wise and of course professionally. He'd be completely heartbroken if he couldn't go back to work doing what he loves, and the timing is definitely less than ideal.

Thanks in advance! :heart:
  2. Sending your father strentgh and a speedy recovery!!
  3. I hope and pray for your dad to have a speedy recovery, Cynthia! He sounds like an amazing man!
  4. Adding my prayers for your dad- for a speedy recovery and being able to get back to what he loves doing!
  5. (((Hugs))) Cynthia. Prayers and good thoughts too to both you and your dad for his recovery and allowance back on his ship!!!
    Kudos to you for your quick thinking to get him to a doctor!!
  6. My prayers are with you both, Cyn. I'm so sorry.
  7. Cynthia -- I'm so sorry to hear your dad is ill. My thoughts are with you both.
  8. My thoughts and prayers for your Dad for a speedy and healthy recovery. He sounds like a great guy!
  9. Cynthia, I hope your dad gets well and that you are okay, too. My thoughts and prayers for you.
  10. Sorry to hear about your Dad's health issues, Cynthia! I will keep him in my prayers.
  11. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.x
  12. Cynthia- I'm so very sorry to hear that. I wanted to tell you though that the VERY positive part of this is that they were able to put in stents and open up the arteries rather than it being a bypass. He had the best outcome given the circumstances. My father, uncles and husband have all had heart attacks and stents in the last 4 years.

All my thoughts to your father and your family!!!!
  13. Thank you so much, everyone!

I just spoke with him (visiting hours don't start until 11AM, ugh) and he's in good spirits, eating his breakfast, and said that he has "one more test" to do today before they discharge him. Naturally, though, when I asked what test, he had absolutely no idea. :rolleyes: He's King Vague when it comes to stuff like this, whereas I want All The Details Now Please.

At any rate, I'm happy to be bringing him home today, hopefully. Definitely crossing my fingers that the cardiologist will sign off on him flying & meeting the ship next week!! Keep the good vibes coming, please. :heart:
  14. My thoughts and prayers!
  15. Wishing your dad all the best!