**Your Thoughts On a THIRD?**

1. Well, I never thought I'd find myself in this neck o' the tPF woods (I've been mostly hangin' out in Money Talks' BBBC) BUT! Just when DH and I thought we were contentedly done with babies... and I gave away all baby stuff and maternity clothes and no more diapers :yahoo:... and we were soooo looking forward to maximizing our enjoyment of life as an even-numbered family of four :girlsigh: :party:with our manageable and amazing DS (6) & DD (3)... perhaps travel more, embark in a career change for me, early retirement from old job and then a new, possibly parttime job for DH...lo and behold I discover last week that OOOPS :wtf: I am pregnant!:s

So... I would love to hear from those of you who (1) Have three; (2) Pregnant with third; (3) Thinking of a third; or (4) Done with two, thank you very much. What are your experiences (good, bad, ugly - bring em' on!), thoughts (somedays it's yes I want a third, other days it's no way jose...), fears (is there such a thing as a middle child syndrome?), desires (always wanted a big family, etc). Please share!

2. I have 3 and here's where it's hard - you're always outnumbered, this is harder than it sounds! There's an uneven # when going to amusememnt parks, this means all of you can't ride together usually.
    Obviously, neither are deal breakers, but the outnumbered thing get very hard for us sometimes.

Oh, mine are 6 yr old DD and 3.5 yr old twin boys.

3. I am pregnant with my 3rd child. I know what you mean though...after I had my daughter, I was like, "I am done, I have one of each (sex)." But then...I had the baby itch and felt like I needed one more child. I think it's because I am one of three. I like having 2 siblings there for me. yes, I heard having 3 kids gets nuts compared to 2, but I am ready for the challenge...and by the way, you are in the perfect position to have a baby, age-gap-wise...you will have a baby and your two other kids will be gone half the day at 1st or 2nd grade and preschool! Lucky!

The issue I am stressing over is what kind of car will we buy!? LOL.

4. Congrats! My kids are 7, 6 and 4. We had our holiday cards printed this weekend and I just thought...I am so thankful to have three children. Our family is overwhelming at times, but so precious.

I think the jump from 1 to 2 was WAY harder than 2 to 3. You have learned how to divide your time and attention and that is the hardest part. Your other 2 kids are older and are probably more fun than work now, so enjoy the new baby. Chances are your DD will be a little mommy's helper and DS is going to be big brother to 2 kids now...what a big deal!

My husband jokes that we play zone defense now instead of man on man, but we have way more wonderful times than arsenic hours when I want to run away (even though those do occasionally occur.)

5. We had always planned 3 and have them: ages 7, 5, and 3. But the jump from 2 to 3 was more overwhelming for me, perhaps because my children were not in school full-time yet. It was very stressful, especially the first year, but I am so glad we have our three children! But Swanky is right - it is sometimes tough to be outnumbered! A person only has two eyes, and you get used to scanning and counting all the time!

6. 2 is all i can handle, i know my limits. i have nothing but admiration and respect for those who have large families...it is tough work.

7. Congrats! I'm a Mom of three ... 21 and 18 year old boys and a 13 year old daughter. We had originally planned on 4, but the 3rd one was a tough delivery and hubby didn't want to risk my life again. I agree with the uneven #'s and sometimes I wish I had another daughter so my baby girl have a sister to bond with. I'm sure you can handle it, a lot of us do! Good luck!

8. Mommy of three, 11, 22 months, 3 months. Very lucky that we have the older son to help because the last two are kicking my butt. The biggest bummer for me was having to trade my car in for a Mini-van. Having two kids in car seats made a van a necsissity. I never thought I'd be such a fan of sliding doors and third row seating.

Congratz on the pregnancy and good luck!!!

9. Thanks for the reply, Swanky! It's so funny... your ID "Swanky Mama of Three" made me smile :yes: A good neighbor-friend of mine also has an older DD (12?) and fraternal twin boys who are my DS's age (6). She said the same thing about feeling "ganged up" against and adds that it's difficult when one twin goes one way and the second goes another way. Good thing she's got a wonderfully helpful DD and she's also in tip-top athletic shape.

BTW I also forgot to mention an important detail: By duedate, I will be 39 and 1/2 years old :sad:and my DH will be 53. So we're exercising, eating our Wheaties, taking Geritol (or rather prenatal vitamins), scheduling colonoscopies and really cleaning up our acts so we can keep up with three kids and - God willing - see them graduate high school, college, possibly get married and produce grandkid! But I'm getting ahead of myself, I know...one day at a time:girlsigh:

10. :roflmfao:^ I gotta tell my DH that one! Awww Carolina... I am happy for you and those tender moments! So often have I received from friends and cousins those holiday cards with three kids but then my first thought usually is: I'm happy for them, but three is so not for me. I think it's mostly because of my age.

I actually grew up in a really wonderful quasi-Brady Bunch blended family (2 older brothers and two younger step-brothers). I loved playing with them all and even now it's great now that we're still very close as adults and can share the experience of raising our own kiddos.

11. Congrats to you too, Allie! How old are yours? I am pretty happy with the age differences, altho by the time this 3rd goes to full-time 1st grade I'll have spent 13 years raising lil ones! So IMO there are pros to having kids close in age, too.

As for the car, I have a Toyota Highlander and I'm hoping we can fit a backless booster seat for DS, a booster with back for DD, then the rear-facing infant carrier/seat in the middle.

BTW - I found this neat site called "Having Three Kids" - you might find more info regarding vehicles there: http://www.havingthreekids.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=171)

12. Just wanted to pop in and say CONGRATULATIONS, Gyrl!!!! I think you have a great attitude about this little surprise and it's clear what a loving mom you are. It's wonderful that you're posting here and asking other moms for advice, preparing for the future, etc. And I wanted to say not to worry to much about the age thing. Here in San Francisco, the majority of moms in my circle of friends are 39 OR OLDER when they have their FIRST baby, so take heart and know that it CAN be done! (although I know that's easier said than done when you hadn't been anticipating a third at this point in your life!)

This is also a wonderful gift for your 2 children. I'm one of 3 siblings and I *love* having 2 brothers. :smile:

13. Thanks so much Kristy... you really ARE a darling! :flowers:

14. I really enjoyed reading this thread. I am currently pregnant with #3. It was a long decision for me to have another. My other kids are 8 and 6. I think that it will help a lot that my other kids are both in school. I am excited and scared at the same time but I look forward to it. I come from a family of 3 kids so I always wanted more than two but I am done after this. Congrats Gyrl on your pregnancy!!

15. Oh my! The thought of even one sends me running.

All the best though. :smile: