Your stylist...Male or Female?

I've had both. I don't really prefer one over another but at the moment I have a female. I love her, she's young but got incredible talent, quick (just over an hour for cut, color, and gloss...I've had some take 3+ hours for the same process), and she's very close to my house, which is a plus. I've had some stylists an hour's drive and it's so hard to find the time.

I have a male stylist; I have long hair and females tend to be scissor happy.

DITTO. The Male stylists because they will go on and on about how they LOVE my long hair, then are very sweet and patient with me as I go back repeatedly for conditioning treatments. Most of the females that ever worked on my hair literally GRIPED about the length then always cut 2x more than what I asked for. Asked why, one simply replied " your hair wears me out when I dry it!" Ah ok. Sorry about that.

Now I have a wooooonderful female stylist who is slick, chic, and fun. She loves my long hair and the other stylists compliment her while she's working on it (most of them usually think she's doing extentions for me!) but she is a diamond in the rough... the reason why I drive a stitch to go see her! :graucho:

I have a male HD, and he's ok...I am not completly happy, but i don't know what to do...:confused1:
..I have been in many salons in my area and no luck....I hate going too, all you hear is chatty, I can't stand that... I need Jchiara's hair dressor....:yes:

I'ved used a female hairstylist for 2 haircuts and 1 updo in the last 10 years. I have been w/my current male hairstylist for 8 years or so. I have referred many friends to him. I like him b/c he gives me his opinion on what would look good on me and what's in style. In my previous experiences, I didn't really like it when the stylist, usually a woman, asked me what I wanted b/c she usually didn't give me what I wanted anyway.

I also like that my stylist understands my straight Asian hair. I started seeing him when I was in college where he worked at the salon in town. Then he transferred into the city, and I moved 40 min away. I still drive in every 8 weeks for my cut, and sometimes go during lunch for a bang trim! As of Mother's Day, I've started taking my mom to him too. She loves her new style.