Your Oscar picks...

1. I mostly watch the Academy Awards for the fabulous dresses and jewelry... but it's fun to guess..

I'm only going to list 3 major categories

Reese Witherspoon- Walk the line
    Felicity Huffman- Transamerica
    Keira Knightley- Pride and Prejudice
    Charlize Theron- North Country
    Judi Dench- Mrs. Henderson Presents

Heath Ledger- Brokeback Mountain
    Philip Seymour Hoffman- Capote
    Joaquin Phoenix- Walk the Line
    Terrence Howard- Hustle and Flow
    David Straithairn- Goodnight and Goodluck

Brokeback Mountain
    Goodnight and Goodluck

My picks are.... Reese Witherspoon, Joaquin Phoenix and Brokeback MOuntain...

Take a guess girls...:biggrin: Watch it on March 5 to find out if we are right!!!
  2. Best Actress: Reese Witherspoon
    Best Actor: Joaquin Phoenix
    Best Picture: Crash

Great threat idea btw!
  3. So hard to choose this time.
    I saw Walk the Line, Crash, and Brokeback....I think Brokeback will get Best picture, and it's a toss up between the hotties from Walk and Brokeback for best actor. They were all amazing!
    Cheers, Carolyn
  4. Judi Dench ( GO U.K I have to support my fellow man/woman )
    Heath Ledger
    Brokeback Mountain
  5. Great thread! It's really hard this year! I think Brokeback Mountain will win because of all the publicity! Felicity Huffman was amazing in Transamerica but I think Reese Witherspoon will win. Finally for Best actor it's a toss up between Joaquin Phoenix and Heath Ledger. Terrence Howard is hot!!! :biggrin:
  6. Hey pursegal, do you know what channel it's going to be on?
  7. I don't know but I'll find out for you.
  8. I think :
    best actress - Reese Witherspoon I :love: her

Best actor - Heath Ledger or Joaquin Phoenix, but I think Heath more. Still unsure, though.

Best picture - Brokeback Mountain
  9. I haven't seen Brokeback Mountain so I'm going to have to go with Munich! Loved that movie!
  10. :-X I'm ashamed to say I haven't been going to the movies a lot lately, so I'm out of the loop when it comes to award show movies.

I'm just going to go ahead and say Joaquin Phoenix, because he's the one I'd like to sleep with the most. LOL. :-P
  11. ^^^^ :lol: I love Heath Ledger...;)
  12. Keira Knightley- Pride and Prejudice

I love that movie :love:
  13. ooh, was that good?

I adored Sense and Sensibilty ( Kate Winslet was so beautiful in that movie!) and Emma ( with Gwenyth). :smile: I'm a sucker for any kind of movie like that. :shame:

Men seemed so darling and propor back then.

Pursegalsf, we should attend the oscars, I'll grab Mr. Pheonix and distract michelle williams so you can grab Heath. :p lol.
  14. What an idea! I don't want to be a homewrecker though. :lol: But I will help you get with Joaquin Phoenix. I loved Sense and Sensibility also, it's one of my fave! Have you seen Shakespeare in Love Dani? If you haven't you ought to!
  15. hmmm....felicity huffman or reese witherspoon
    guys: Philip Seymour Hoffman or joaquin phoenix
    best movie: brokeback mountain