Your opinions on The North Face jackets!

Redrose- my students are allowed to wear their jackets in class. It gets very cold in my classroom, so we are all usually bundled up. The most popular color is black, definitely. I have two girls that have the purple that is shown on the first page of this thread. The black ones are really nice, though. What I like about them is that some of them are not bulky, but still very warm!

Faith said:
Redrose- my students are allowed to wear their jackets in class. It gets very cold in my classroom, so we are all usually bundled up. The most popular color is black, definitely. I have two girls that have the purple that is shown on the first page of this thread. The black ones are really nice, though. What I like about them is that some of them are not bulky, but still very warm!

Thank you so much for answering Faith! :yes: I like the fact that they're aren't bulky too..it would make it easier to stuff in my locker if I wasn't wearing it for some reason...I like the black color, but I'm more into bright colors just because they make me feel happier and it reminds me of spring!:P Thanks again!

-Leanne

I live in Chicago right next to the lake, so for me, my NF jackets are a MUST on cold windy days. They definitely hold up well, but I think the Denali is a fleece, correct? I would suggest an additional windbreaker, but iono how windy it is where you live.

Hi everyone! Just an update, I saw a few of them at EMS (Eastern Mountain Sports) outdoor sidewalk sale type- thingy---on sale for $75.00:yahoo: !!!I know! Way less!! Of course, they had the yellow color that I loved,:heart: and they had 2 black ones, but they were both mediums! Rawr!! :rant: It was like way too big:sad: not even just kinda big. Ugh! I'm still looking though!!

---Leanne

i love north face jackets! i have several of them... 2 denali fleece.

the denali jackets were really popular when i was in college... almost everyone had either a black or grey one, but i have seen a number of students with other colors.

i love them... they are durable and last a long time, not to mention comfy and keep me warm! i think they cost $165, however, nordstrom was selling them for $122.90 during their anniversary sale a couple weeks ago. if you search around, i'm sure you can find one for under $100.

pejcharat said:
North Face is good quality and good for the cold, but if you live in a windy place they are not as good, the wind tends to whip right through them.

they do make a wind blocking fleece, too, that is great for this. I used to work at REI, and got to know their stuff pretty well. I opted for the REI version, as the women's model was more tailored. Same with my down jacket. TNF jacket is box quilted, which makes it look, well, boxy. REI's down jacket is quilted in a curvy pattern, and it looks slim, even though it is a down jacket

More choice in colors, though with TNF, and their new styles are very cute!.

Attachments

• REIThermoJacket.jpg
    REIThermoJacket.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 48
  • TNFDenaliJacket.jpg
    TNFDenaliJacket.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 54
  • REIRadianceDownJacket.jpg
    REIRadianceDownJacket.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 60
  • TNFNuptseJacket.jpg
    TNFNuptseJacket.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 52
redrose1028 said:
Hi everyone! Just an update, I saw a few of them at EMS (Eastern Mountain Sports) outdoor sidewalk sale type- thingy---on sale for $75.00:yahoo: !!!I know! Way less!! Of course, they had the yellow color that I loved,:heart: and they had 2 black ones, but they were both mediums! Rawr!! :rant: It was like way too big:sad: not even just kinda big. Ugh! I'm still looking though!!

---Leanne

REIoutlet.com has some on sale for $120. They have XS, M & L in purple. Or, if you are an REI member, you get a dividend on any regular price item (so for the Denali - $165, you get $16.50 dividend at the end of the year.)

Reviving this thread because I have a question:

I want a Northface fleece, but I hate it when fleece gets pilly-like those little balls of fabric that cling to the clothes. Does that happen with the Northface jackets?

in my experience, the NorthFace fleece is very high quality and does not pill. I have the Denali fleece.

Another tip, if you wear a women's size small, you can get the Girls size XL. It's the same size, small quality, but the children's jacket prices are MUCH lower!

in my experience, the NorthFace fleece is very high quality and does not pill. I have the Denali fleece.

Another tip, if you wear a women's size small, you can get the Girls size XL. It's the same size, small quality, but the children's jacket prices are MUCH lower!

Thanks, Lola! I do wear a small, I wouldn't have even thought of trying the children's sizes! I think I'm going to buy a Denali this weekend :yahoo:

Thanks everyone!

sparkles48-Wow I didn't know it was stain restistant! That would be perfect for me! (I'm such a klutz!!) :rolleyes:

Whew! Okay thanks everyone for your posts! Keep them coming!

If your a klutz don't buy white.

I think the jacket repels water...I'm not sure about stains. One day I went shopping in Lord & Taylor & I got caught in a rain storm...I was wearing my new white NF. The L&T shopping bag was red - it was around Christmas time & it was one of those bags that you have to carry on your shoulder. Anyway, stupid me didn't realize that the bag was running on my coat until I got home. :cursing:

I got the coatcleaned and all the seams turned pink. I never wore the coat agian.:crybaby:
Besides that, it was one of the warmest coats I have ever owned.:yes: