Your opinion please......

Is he craving the woven leather? If so, perhaps a smaller item -- shoes, belt, wallet. The overall weave of the jacket is distracting, I can't appreciate the leather, quality and especially the styling with all the pattern going on. But with his black jacket, its a different story, It looks great on him.

You are so lucky to have a hubby who appreciates BV. My DH hates to buy nice clothes, and if I am lucky I can drag him shopping once every two years. Forget about accessories, he wears shoes until they have holes in the soles and his belts have to literally fall apart before he will consider replacing. BUT, he likes leather jackets. Its weird!

hi syma, i think an entire jacket in the weave would be too much. and there's always the risk of snagging it with a watch or ring which would be too heartbreaking... especially with the gbp1,700 price tag. :sweatdrop:

btw, your dh looks terrif in his jacket. very suave... :girlsigh:

I prefer the black studded jacket because it has a cool biker guy look. The woven jacket has a slightly old fashioned look with the prominent buttons; not that I would toss it out by any stretch of the imagination!!! But if I were to choose, I'd keep the black jacket and buy DH a woven belt, and those fabulous croc shoes someone posted awhile back (uclaboi, I think)!

Syma, the color of the jacket is Bronzo, but they also have it in Nero. I like the intrecciato jacket myself, since I already have a couple of simple biker leather jackets. I actually wanted to buy this jacket, but it is not on sale in the US. At $3400 (1700 BP), I would get it. I tried it on during trunk show and loved it.

Of course, it also depends on your DH's style. The studded jacket is very nice as well! I personally have 3 BV leather jackets and think that BV's leather is one of the best.

I'm with uclaboi on this. I've seen and felt up this Intrecciato jacket IRL, and it's FABULOUS! I would kill for this in a ladies size (not that I could afford it anyhow :P)!

If your DH is really feeling this jacket, I think it's an investment to get this now, cos it'll look and feel amazing in years to come after it's all broken in. :heart:

Thank you very much for posting all your opinions, Baggers, Bertrell, CutieKiara , Mystilleto and C-24 ITA with you that the jacket looked a bit over the top and busy! and he may be in danger of looking like a BV bag on the other hand Uclaboi and Nymph are also right in suggesting that of course it is a matter of personal style and the leather is amazing.

Armcandyaddict
, I mentioned the snagging issue as well but the SA said (and this is a very valid point) if you snag a BV weave they can always replace the leather strips for that part of the jacket/ bag whereas if it was a plain leather jacket and you snagged or ripped it then the jacket is ruined. Food for thought I think and definately another plus point when it comes to the weave!

DH read all your comments and I think it convinced him that seeing as he already bought the studded jacket and recently a lovely brown biker jacket from LV that this particular one is too in your face BV for his personal style. But don't worry mundodabolsa it didn't faze his desire to purchase more BV because he came back with a shirt and bronzo wallet the other day and I've told him to keep any other funds he was going to use to purchase the jacket towards my next purchase, hehe

C-24 the BV SA tried to convince my DH to buy a mens bag but he isn't really a bag carrier and he's far too old to do the student thing with the messengers!

BTW Uclaboi, I would love to see your BV leather jackets, I'm sure they will be amazing!

Sighs, I wish work isn't as bad as it is as I'm so behind on the threads. :sad:

Ok, the jacket is better than I imagine. I'd think it looks way better in person too and in Nero it would probably seem less busy.

attachment.php

hi Syma, from your description of the intrecciato jacket, I'm think it might make him look like a bag! Sorry Mr Syma :P

I am staring at my ebano campana and trying to picture "a bomber jacket with buttons (no zip) and a stand up collar"...:wacko:... it's not easy.

bertrell, mid-, you two crack me up! :roflmfao:

DH read all your comments and I think it convinced him that seeing as he already bought the studded jacket and recently a lovely brown biker jacket from LV that this particular one is too in your face BV for his personal style. But don't worry mundodabolsa it didn't faze his desire to purchase more BV because he came back with a shirt and bronzo wallet the other day and I've told him to keep any other funds he was going to use to purchase the jacket towards my next purchase, hehe

smart lady :tup:

so when do I get to meet DH's brother? :angel:

Syma - The jacket looks a bit busy to me. Maybe you can do the bait and switch and talk him into a great pair of shoes or a briefcase.