Your Most Sentimental Item In Your Closet ?

1. I have some beautiful pieces of jewelry that my Mother gave to me.

When I was little I remember her wearing them all the time and making such a fuss over them, cleaning them, admiring them, talking about them, she always insisted they were put back into thier cases when she wasn't wearing them.

I also have a T shirt my niece Angelique gave to me for my Birthday years ago.

Whats in Your Closet ?
  2. The most sentimental item in my closet is my dad's Navy jacket. I was so happy when he gave it to me.
  3. My stuff animals that my late grnadmother gave me. I remember having a lot of fun with them. I can't ever throw them out.
  4. A pair of earrings that used to belong to my mom.
  5. My mom's jewlery and my dad's wedding band. I think of them whenever i see them and cherish them deeply!
  6. I have this ring that was my grandmothers before she passed away, I remember admiring it and trying it on as a child, its gold with a pink stone that has diamonds around it, something that I wouldn't normally pick out, but I love it.
  7. My wedding dress and a couple of jewerly pieces from my Grandmother.
  8. A set of beads, that my mother received when she became Buddhist. They're somewhere in there.. deep, deep inside, I can't seem to find them right now ! :cry:
  9. A tacky pair of K-Swiss tennis shoes that my grandmother swiped from me a few months before she died. It has been 10 years, but can't bear to throw them away as they remind me of her every time that I come across the box!
  10. i would have to say my first pair of Doc Marten Boots... i can still remember the day my Mum was like, "I cant believe you want these!"
    Everytime i put them on, i think of my Mum and how upset she was when i asked/begged her for these! I can't bare the though of trading up to new ones, they'll be in my closet forever!
    I've had them for over 10 years now and they're still going strong!
  11. That's really cool! Do you ever put them on?
  12. Yup, of course (when I can find them !). I'm kind of agnostic about religion, so the blessing on the beads aren't as great as how it serves as a symbol of love from my mommy ! :shame:
  13. I'm sort of them same, but if I had to pick something that suited me, the closest thing would be Buddhism. I was able to see the Dahlai Lama in Toronto a couple of years back, I was in awe.
  14. Aw man, I was going to see the Dali Lama when he came to Toronto ! I had an exam on that day though, so there was just no way. I've read his book, "The Art of Happiness", it's quite good !
  15. My Nana's sweater, it used to smell like her perfume. I can't bear to part with it.