Your main squeeze and your purse...

print*model said:
I guess I'm the odd ball here - and proud to be so!:biggrin: My DH just happens to love fashion as much as I do. He has always been into fashion, even before we were married. This (thankfully!) includes his love for ladies fashion and accessories! He indulges my every whim. Always has. He totally "gets it" and gets just as excited as I do when it comes to bags, shoes, clothes, accessories - whatever. That's just the way he's made.:love:

Same here...it's great isn't it?

My bf just doesn't understand it...he saw me with my speedy once (after I carried it around for a month already) and asked how much I paid for it...of course I wouldn't tell (I have Epi speedy, so it's more than the canvas one), so he asked "$200?"!!!! LOL...I said, "somewhere around there". But I don't feel bad about lying...I pay my OWN money for my bags...never asked my parents or him for money...but I just like to keep the prices under covers for the future...

Ha! Ha!

DH and I were just discussing this last night. He knows I cringe over a developing $3-a-day latte habit for each of us, and my-cost-per-wear on clothing rule is about $0.50-a-wear-per item (I'm a notorious bargain hunter). He's (kindly and with good humour) wondering how I justify a $1000 handbag, or owning more than 20 bags.

So, after doing the math a gazillion different ways and getting it down to about $4-per-wear, and espousing all the usual cliches: it's an investment, it's a collectable, I can sell it...., I had to admit to him, they just make me feel good ... make me go la la la when I go down the street, and I can't buy that feeling for $4 anywhere else.

That, he says, it what it should be all about. With a goodnight kiss on the nose ... :love:

My BF thinks I'm crazy, he can't believe I spend so much on purses. He'd absloutely die if he found out how much I'm going to spend on a Balenciaga.
but...I've finally wore him down enough and he will actually buy me bags for my b -day and x-mas. before he was totally against it

My DH says and I quote "at least it isn't as bad as your shoe habit." :rolleyes: He really doesn't say all that much about my handbags which I am grateful for.

However, there is a limit to how much I can spend on one handbag. He is just mystified at the idea of spending hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars on one handbag.

My husband is such a slow learner. He cannot for the life of him figure out why anyone would need more than ONE bag. He'll see a new one and say "wow, that doesn't even look used" haha. I'm pretty sure he thinks I buy them preowned on eBay. I'd hate to ruin it for him.:angel:

That said, I've noticed he has started looking at what others are carrying or wearing on their feet (and commenting) where ever we happen to be... there is still hope. :graucho:

He's an artist, very visual, so he definitely looks at them, notices any new ones and has comments on all of them. But he really doesn't understand the number of them--gets worried when a new one comes home and wants to make sure I'm not depressed (why would I be depressed??? I've just snagged another gorgeous handbag!!!) He's just walked by on his way out to the terrace to smoke a cigar (something I totally do not understand the pleasure of) and admitted as he passed me and saw what I was up to that he definitely does not understand the Purse Forum...
Oh--and although I'm totally into b'bags right now, he's in love with the Muse--stopped into YSL with me on one of our walks--is pushing me in the direction of getting one (maybe he's just sick of the b'bags...)

My man, Mr Purseblog, understands (obviously). At first though he thought it was ridiculous, but he has come to understand it and appretiate it very much - which should be obvious.

Funny side note though, my brother completely does not get it. We were in the Fendi store over the weekend buying my sister a wallet and he looked at me and asked how much my Spy costed. Once I told him, he looked at me and said "You would spend that much on a bag when you have these two hands (holding up his hands)?!" It was HILARIOUS

My husband doesn't understand, but he hardly ever says anything. He's a real sweetie :love: :heart: , and I'm always encouraging him to spend $$ on himself. He hardly ever wants anything expensive.

my boyfriend thinks i'm crazy for spending so much on bags and shoes, and far less on clothes, but he knows better than to try and stop me :P, especially after i got him a Louis Vuitton Taiga wallet, key case and messenger bag :lol:. now he's learned to appreciate the finer things in life. and when i came home from Manhattan with my new Speedy 25, he made the cardboard base for it. he figured if you can't beat 'em, join 'em :roflmfao:.