Your greatest hair mishap

^ Ooh you just reminded me of another one Caitlin!

My sister talked me into letting her put a "one week" perm in my hair and yadda yadda, 6 months later my hair was STILL curly. It wasn't nice curls either-- it was so nappy :s

I wanted tight ringlets in my hair. so I got the very small roller set. was cute...for the first day and a half. I slept on it and the next morning I looked like a bird created a nest on my head. never again

Like most of the others HAHAHA
I permed my hair when I was a freshman in college. OMG it was a disaster. It wasn't poofy or anything...but.. ok
I asked for nice big wavy curls but I came out of the salon with (hair length: shoulder) small wavy curls..
it was SO UGLY!!!

Had a friend dye my hair, wanted a lighter brown but for some reason it turned out almost black. Went to Sally's ( never again) to buy a color corrector, turned my hair bright orange. Sent my friend out to buy another dye immediately and fixed it. This was all in one day, my poor hair :shame:

Apart from the odd dodgy fringe and whatnot, I suppose I haven't had it too bad, everything considered!

My brother however, went through a Linda Evangelista stage where he enjoyed changing his hair colour every month or so. The most interesting was when he wanted his dark chocolate brown hair to be windows screen of death blue. He had to dye his hair white first, and then put the blue on top. Straight-forward enough, except he didn't have the patience to leave the bleach in his hair long enough, so instead of being white it was a sort of pale golden yellow.

Anyone who's been to primary school knows what colour yellow and blue makes... oh yes folks, green.

He had luminescent green hair for a good fortnight before he dyed it again.

Mum managed to dye all the grey in her hair bright pink once, when trying to put a semi over it (it was a burgundy/brown colour on the pack). She had strangers coming up to her telling her it was very interesting!

Yes, and they all seemed to happen in Jr. High for some reason...one summer I used a ton of sun-in and it left my hair a nasty shade of orange. Also the night before class pictures in 7th grade, I decided I needed to cut my own bangs...but I cut above my fingers and not below, so I was left with extremely short, teeny tiny bangs. I looked horrid. I've yet to cut my own bangs again...

Let's just say I have had so many I would not know were to start. Last cut and color 2 weeks ago. I wanted to grow our my short pixie cut to a blunt cut. The bangs were in my eyes-long for me and I was so looking forward to them being ear length. Well I first get foil highlights and my whole top of my head is ho blond. It looks like I did it myself. UGH. Then the "we need to layer it a bit" and me thinking yes the ears and back neck need some cut off get turned in to layers on top of my head, my bangs somehow went from straight to thinned, layered and shorter on the sided then in the middle. One ear is thinned with the hair so it kind of seems like there is hair under it and chopped on the top. The other ear is not like that so with short hair and you can see both ears it bugs me.
I am desperate to just get it all cut off short back to a pixie cut by my other stylist. She only works a few days a week so I left a message and will call her tomorrow. Since it will be that Sharon Stone pixie cut short I can color it back to just a one color blond myself like I used to do. The hell with highlights and if I really want to do something I will have my stylist do a cap frosting which works better for me than foil.
I feel so horrible and want to cry when I try to fix my hair because it looks terrible.

In college I bleached out sections of my hair and dyed them hot pink with Manic Panic hair dye. I was constantly having to re-do it, because MP is vegetable dye and it fades quickly. Once every two weeks you'd see me at home, making a huge mess in the bathroom with hair dye. I had it pink and black/brown for months, and eventually switched over to blue. Then I colored it dark brown. That lasted a month, then I put fire engine red streaks. I finally had to quit dyeing it because I had to get a part-time job :lol:

About 7-8 years ago or so, I decided that I wanted "natural" looking red hair, a la Dana Scully on The X-Files. I went to a friend's house, and she bleached my entire head of hair so that the bright red color I chose would take on the color of the hair swatch on the box. Bad idea. My hair was a brassy orange-ish blonde when she applied the hair dye. My hair looked like Ronald McDonald when we were done! I was devastated :sad: I was leaving the next day with my ex-boyfriend to visit his family in Maryland and I couldn't leave the house looking how I did. I put a beanie over my head, ran to the nearest 24-hour Walgreens and bought a box hair coloring kit in a dark brown shade. My hair was ruined for months afterward. It was awful! It took months and months of deep conditioning and babying it before it felt normal again :rolleyes:

my story is my own fault
i have naturally dark blonde hair i have been doin my hair
since i was 15 ive never gone to a salon & still dont im too cheap
well i had my hair dark purple & dark red
but i was over it so i tried to do my natural color well purple
came put but red didnt & it was super ugly
so same day i bleached it with 40 developer & left it in for
around 2 hours thank god i still had hair but it was rough & broke off on its own like a twig
ive done that twice!! you think id learn
then most recently i had half my natural & half the blonde left over
it was platinum also well once again tryin for the natural color
i got a dark ash blond oh god my hair was grey like a tshirt
oh it was horrible i did manage to wait til the next day to fix it but now
its a nice burgandy brown color
i swear by biolage hydra therapy shampoo & conditioners
they fixed my hair before tthat i couldnt get a brush through my hair

When I was in high school, I was going through my punk/goth phase. One day, I thought it would be so kickass if I could color my hair purple. My hair is naturally black so I had to bleach my hair first. My friend helped me but we had no experience whatsoever. So we put in the bleach all over my head. When I washed it off, it was uneven! I looked so stupid. My mom had to take me to a salon to have them fix it. My hair turned out fine in the end but it looked so skunky before I got it fixed. There's a photo below. The color faded unevenly but it kind of looked cool to have so many colors in my hair. Strangers used to come up to me all the time to tell me they loved my hair color. I think what they really meant was, "Hmm...you look special."

Oh Lordy, this happened to me too! Only I had a friend help me out with the bleaching and it came out horribly wrong. After I got it corrected, I had a lovely shade of magenta!