Your first Jimmy Choo Handbag

1. I've only been a member of tPF for a couple of months...so forgive me if this thread is not an original...

What was your first Choo bag?
    When did you get it?
    Why did you get it?
    Was it your first high end bag?
    Do you still use it...and how often?
    In hindsight, do you regret your purchase, or wish it had been different?

OK - I'll go first
    My first Jimmy Choo bag was the Red Slick Calf Ramona.
    I bought it in August of 2007.
    I had recently bought a Chloe Elvire that weighed a ton, and made my arm numb. So I traded it for the Choo. I loved the way it hung on the shoulder, plus the interior slip pockets really helped me organize my stuff.
    It wasn't my first high end bag..but definitely one of the very best quality.
    I use it pretty frequently especially when wearing black.
    I do not regret it one bit, only wish I would have taken the plunge earlier.

2. Great Thread Jburgh

What was your first Choo bag? a Black Rianne

When did you get it? October 2007 - From a Wonderful eBay Seller/Pf'r

Why did you get it? Because it was an authentic Jimmy Choo bag, that looked somewhat like the beloved Ramona (which I could not fathom the price of)

Was it your first high end bag? For the most part, yes. Had a Chloe Paddy & DH had purchased my first "expensive bag" a Dooney Burke in 1988

Do you still use it...and how often? Nope, fell in love with Jimmy Choo bags and went :nuts:

In hindsight, do you regret your purchase, or wish it had been different? Not at ALL, but I am sure DH has a few regrets :roflmfao::cursing: ( he started me on the whole handbag venture with that first Dooney. There was no way I could have or would have ever spent $400.00 on a purse:push:

3. I'm an Idiot :blush::blush:

October 2006 was my first purchase:choochoo:

4. What was your first Choo bag? - Black Mahala with gunmetal accents
    When did you get it? - it's being shipped this week!
    Why did you get it? - I joined TPF and saw a photo of the Mahala bag and had to have it - I've been lusting for over 6 months

Was it your first high end bag? - No - my first high end bag was Marc Jacobs followed by Chloe and I've been hooked on Chloe ever since.

Do you still use it...and how often? - I got the black one so I would use it alot - we'll see how it goes!

In hindsight, do you regret your purchase, or wish it had been different? - I just got my Saks bill and am prepared to pay it in full - I've been planning this for months so no regrets yet!

5. My first was a little Tashe clutch I bought several years ago...I think maybe early 2005. It was not my fist high end bag. I started with Gucci about 15 years ago (I still have that bag). I have never really stuck with one designer as I like variety. In addition I have Cavalli, Chloe, Gustto, Kooba, Balenciaga, Marc Jacobs, Botkier and probably a few more. I'm looking at a Valentino next and of course the Choo cruise 2007 line to come.

6. What was your first Choo bag? First, Jungle Marin and second, jungle Mahala:heart:.

When did you get it? Two weeks ago

Why did you get it? Bag envy!! I saw pics here + I have been lusting for a Choo for a while + the price was right+ I have a small collection of vintage reptile bags and clutches but the cluthes are quite small and the shoulderbag is unpratical so I thought that a gorgeous snakeskin bag that actually can be worn would be a great addition to my snakes.

Was it your first high end bag? My everyday bag is a leather/ canvas Miu Miu. I have bags by Mulberry, MICHAEL Michael Kors, Hugo Boss, Marella and Pucci, one of each.

Do you still use it...and how often? I've just started wearing them and hope to be wearing them for years to come.

In hindsight, do you regret your purchase, or wish it had been different? I wish I had bought my first JC bag in 2005 when there was a great big brown handheld JC on sale at NAP (I think the name begun with a "T", big enough to hold a laptop, would have been an excellent weekend bag). I think the price at 50% off was 700£, but back then I considered this too much. I was pregnant with my second child so my brain wasn't, obviously, working properly. I still lust after that bag:crybaby:.

7. What was your first Choo bag? I have no idea what it's called, I think it may have been from the Tulita range.
    When did you get it? Dec 2005 from Selfridges London
    Why did you get it? Saw it and fell in love with it.
    Was it your first high end bag? Yes unless you count an evening bag from Stuart Weiztman
    Do you still use it...and how often? On a regular basis, it's always first choice if I'm going to the pub for dinner and a few drinks
    In hindsight, do you regret your purchase, or wish it had been different? No regrets whatsoever. It's one of my favourites and Jimmy Choo no longer seem to do small handbags unless they are more of a formal nature.

8. What was your first Choo bag? Burgundy biker Riki

When did you get it? July, 2007

Why did you get it? Was browsing the JC forum for the first time minding my own business when I spotted a photo of Bonniec with the bag and I knew I HAD to have it! I waited until the 50% off sale to buy it though (those days seem to be gone for good!) and I'm so lucky that I got the last one from JC online. Even with the Customs hassle, definitely worth it!

Was it your first high end bag? Pretty much, although my previous bags were Coach, MK, a Kooba, etc. My first "pricey" bag was a Coach back in 1990.

Do you still use it...and how often? You bet...all the time! I love the Riki, it's still one of my favorite JC styles (with the Ring bag being a very close second).

In hindsight, do you regret your purchase, or wish it had been different? No regrets here. Love the bag, love the color, love that damn sneaky-snake :sneaky:and I love that because of that bag I've met some of the most wonderful women right here on this forum who share my love of handbags! :heart:

9. What was your first Choo bag? Ross Python
    When did you get it? Fall of 2005?
    Why did you get it? The color was delish!!!!
    Was it your first high end bag? Unfortunatley for my DH, NO
    Do you still use it...and how often? Yes, Ross if the perfect style. you can fit it on or off the shoulder. Perfect amount of inside pockets. My husband has deemed it the "Magic Bag" since we get stopped everywhere we go with this bag
    In hindsight, do you regret your purchase, or wish it had been different? Hell no!!!! No Regrets here. I do regret passing on the croc Ross also

10. OK - where are the pictures?

11. Here you go jburgh
    This is my most fav bag in the world
    [​IMG]

IMG_9482.jpg
  12. What was your first Choo bag? Burgundy Riki with watersnake trim
    When did you get it? Jimmy CHoo.com
    Why did you get it? loved it!
    Was it your first high end bag? no
    Do you still use it...and how often? yes and don't use it enough b/c I am afraid to ruin it LOL
    In hindsight, do you regret your purchase, or wish it had been different? Don't regret it at all! THe only thing that's stopping me from getting another one is that I really only like one style (Riki) and feel that having more than one in one style is an overkill, imo.

13. WHAT WAS FIRST JIMMY CHOO BAG: Bottle green Tulita hobo
    WHEN DID YOU GET IT: 2004??
    WHY DID YOU GET IT: Loved the color, loved the style, Liz Hurley had a black one.
    WAS IT FIRST HIGH END: No
    DO YOU STILL USE IT: Unfortunately no, I sold it on e-bay when I bought my Ramona-- for justification. Although I really didn't carry it much anymore, it was a beautiful bag, like new.
    IN HINDSIGHT DO YOU REGRET YOUR PURCHASE, OR WISH IT HAD BEEN DIFFERENT: Absolutely not, that was the first on many Jimmy Choo bags to follow --- my first Jimmy Choo love!!

14. WHAT WAS FIRST JIMMY CHOO BAG: Large Tribeca Hobo in Oat Hobo
    WHEN DID YOU GET IT: Summer 2007
    WHY DID YOU GET IT: Was looking for a lighter colored bag, large enough for everyday use
    WAS IT FIRST HIGH END: Sadly No. My first love was Ferragamo. Brief fliratations with Marc Jacobs and Chloe. But with Choo...I think it's getting serious.
    DO YOU STILL USE IT: Wore it almost every day for two monthes. But since retired for greener pastures.
    IN HINDSIGHT DO YOU REGRET YOUR PURCHASE, OR WISH IT HAD BEEN DIFFERENT: Loved my Tribeca, but had to put it down after it collected dirt like no one's business. I wish I'd been more informed about the porous nature of the camel skin. But c'est la vie. It got so many compliments just walking down the street. Plus it was the gateway to the world of Jimmy Choo...Haven't looked back since.

15. What was your first Choo bag? My one and only Choo bag is a Black Marin Clutch
    When did you get it? 2 weeks ago
    Why did you get it? I fell in love with it when I saw it in pictures.
    Was it your first high end bag? No. I started with Fendi, moved on to Prada, then Burberry, then Louis Vuitton, did Gucci for a bit and now I'm totally in love with Jimmy Choo.
    Do you still use it...and how often? Yes, I use it a lot because its only 2 weeks old!
    In hindsight, do you regret your purchase, or wish it had been different? No way! I have never gotten so many compliments like I have with this bag. I can't wait to get another one!