Your Favourite Movie Facts

1. I love going to www.imdb.com and reading all the trivia on movies I've seen there are some really interesting things in the movies we watch.

Go check out your favourite and share your fav bit of trivia

I've been having a Pirates of the Caribbean fest lately here 2 little things I thinka re cute

POC 1 :- When teh Pirates attack Port Royal and there is a cannon fight the last blast has a smoke cloud in the shape of Mickey Mouse (gotta love Disney)

POC 2:- Elizabeth (Keira) say in the Movie Will (Orlando) taught her swordmanship later in a fight she stabs two enemies behind her using the same move that Orlando used in The Lord of the Rings

2. I love doing this, too! Here are my favorites.

From the Harry Potter movies:

HPSS - Verne Troyer played Griphook.

HPSS - Among the portraits on the shifting staircase, you can clearly see a painting of Anne Boleyn, King Henry VIII's second wife and the mother of Queen Elizabeth I. Anne Boleyn was popularly believed to be a witch.

HPSS - The Wizard's chess-set Harry and Ron were playing, the red queen is from the Lewis Chessmen, the most important of all chess pieces dating from the 12th Century. They were found in 1831 on a beach in Uig, Lewis. 78 pieces were recovered in all, and are now in the care of the National Museum of Scotland and in the British Museum in London.

HPCS - On an episode of "Have I Got News for You" broadcast around this film's release, the panelists discuss an article claiming that the Russian Premier Vladimir Putin was deeply disturbed and offended that Dobby the House elf seemed to have been created in his image. There is an undeniable resemblance either way.

HPPA - In order to acquaint himself with his three lead actors, director Alfonso Cuarón had each of them write an essay about their characters, from a first-person point of view. Emma Watson, in true Hermione fashion, went a little overboard and wrote a 16-page essay. Daniel Radcliffe wrote a simple one-page summary, and Rupert Grint never even turned his in.

HPPA - During the scene where we first meet Buckbeak the Hippogriff, just after Ron pushes Harry forward there is a shot of the animal pooping. The CGI team believes this might be the first example of a CGI animal doing this, but the BBC miniseries "Walking with Dinosaurs" (1999) had done it first.

HPPA - Alfonso Cuarón coached Daniel Radcliffe in one scene where the latter had to act awed: "Pretend you're seeing Cameron Diaz in a G-string". It worked.

HPGF - A digital "spot removing" technique (which had previously been used for such TV shows as "Desperate Housewives" was applied in post-production to clear up some of the more severe teen skin problems, since make-up tested poorly for close-up shots in particular.

HPOP - In the scene where Harry, Ron, and Hermione are discussing Harry's kiss with Cho, the three begin to crack up near the end of the scene. This was all real laughter from the three actors. The director thought it was good for the scene and kept rolling.

3. From Love Actually:

The scene where Kris Marshall's character Colin (accidentally) insults the caterer's food to her face, was originally written as a scene for Hugh Grant's character in Four Weddings and a Funeral (1994), but was cut from that film.

The airport greeting footage at the beginning and end of the film is real. Richard Curtis had a team of cameramen film at Heathrow airport for a week, and whenever they saw something that would fit in they asked the people involved for permission to use the footage.

The idea for Mark's surprise of the band singing "All You Need Is Love" at Peter and Juliet's wedding came from Jim Henson's funeral (which Richard Curtis attended) where all the puppeteers brought their Muppets and sung a song.

Kris Marshall returned his pay check for the scene where the three American girls undress him. He said he had such a great time having three girls undress him for 21 takes, that he was willing to do it for free, and thus returned his check for that day.